• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What’s your weirdest habit?

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
I like my toenails and fingernails extremely short but I don't bite them and seeing people do it fucking disgusts me. I don't clip them either. I rip them off and flick them in designated areas in my house. If I ever move the one cabinet in my living room, there is going to be a huge pile of fingernails back there. I also flick them down the heating vents.

Peckas

Helping those 8 to 80
Forum Clout
I always turn on the lights when I'm in the bathroom, even if there's plenty sunlight or if I just woke up, it helps me to avoid feeling sad and depressed for some reason.

Oh, this reminds me of a funny story, totally unrelated: Throughout my teenage years, my three older sisters and my mom used to spy on me anytime I went to the bathroom, sometimes I waited until 1AM to take a shower, even then my mom would just randomly decide it was time to go put some clothes out to dry, just by the bathroom window. During those years I never turned on the light in the bathroom, even when it was dark.
If you want to avoid feeling sad just put on some Seinfeld

Milk74

I'm black Irish
Forum Clout
I like my toenails and fingernails extremely short but I don't bite them and seeing people do it fucking disgusts me. I don't clip them either. I rip them off and flick them in designated areas in my house. If I ever move the one cabinet in my living room, there is going to be a huge pile of fingernails back there. I also flick them down the heating vents.
Disgusting motherbrothers like you and @Brooke Shields are fascinating.

DMAN

NOW YAW MESSIN WITH A SON OF A BITCH!!!
Forum Clout
As a kid I never talked to myself, thought people who did were insane. In my 20s I started doing it, Where we at with being so self conscious about talking to yourself that you stop doing it just so your NSA agents don't hear you say cringey things and then repeat them irl?

I don't know if this is OCD or what but I'll get weird flashes in my head of bad shit happening. For instance, if I'm driving on a two way street, I'll think of cars going the opposite way crossing the line and colliding head on with me. Other examples are when I'm holding something valuable near a ledge, thinking of throwing it over. Or if I'm in a coworker's office and I'm standing next to them while they're sitting at a desk explaining something, just thinking of punching them in the head for no reason. Not even mad at them or anything. They're not really urges because it's never things I actually want to or feel like doing. I guess it's some weird response to anxiety. Or demons. Probably demons.

See? Now I made a thread a while back saying this exact sort of thing, and everyone said I needed to see a psychiatrist. Mine is when I'm walking upstairs, I trip or someone grabs my ankle and I go face first, smashing my teeth into the step like a curb stomp in AHX. Also when I bike ride, or I'm in the bed of a moving truck, or any moving vehicle not confined by a structure, I think of stop signs hitting me, knocking my teeth out, sharp objects going into my eyes.

I just think of the most extreme 'what could go wrong' scenario in mundane daily tasks.

I don’t like to sit down while eating, I’d prefer to stand. Only time I sit to eat is if I go to restaurant for a gathering and Thanksgiving.
I'll sit down for dinner but every other meal, I want to be standing up. People act like I'm bothering them by standing in my own kitchen eating MY food. Not everyone is lazy. I hear people say they adopt this from working in restaurants as young people.

I spit and blow my nose in the shower. I've been told by my exes that's weird. Personally I don't get why it is. I'm in the shower to clean off all the sweat and filth off my body, why not clear out any build-up of mucus and phlegm too?

They are retarded women who like to take baths, so it grosses them out that when they lay in a disgusting tub, the reality of the situation comes to light, as they boil in their own filth. I don't take baths specifically because of the mucus, spit and fluuuuuids that are hitting the tub. That's what it's fucking for. However, I WOULD hate hearing someone shower and make loud disgusting snorting and spitting sounds, so maybe you sounded like a dumb animal.

I am disgusted by shower pissers. If you don't have a mat down in your shower.... You're gross. But if you do, and you piss in there... Nice piss soaked shower mat, stupid. Do you really need to piss in the 15-20 mins your shower likely takes up? You incontinent fuckers need to be in diapers.

The splashback alone in a toilet is bad enough. In a shower? You have piss all over your shower, and your ankles and feet now, and you're tracking it everywhere. You're a step below Opie Piss Socks. Letting the water run down your leg isn't washing it, assholes. If you aren't scrubbing your feet and ankles with soap, they're not getting washed.

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout
I just think of the most extreme 'what could go wrong' scenario in mundane daily tasks.
I called you mentally ill in your thread indeed. I was joshing around though.
I did it because I think the more neurotic and hypochondric you are, the more the thoughts happen, and I wanted to do my part reinforcing that.

The french coined that "l'appel du vide" or "call of the void" and it's actually endlessly fascinating to me too and happens to me all the time.

some sources i've found :fighter_sm:

*Studie: An urge to jump affirms the urge to live: An empirical examination of the high place phenomenon | Von: J. L. Hames, J. D. Ribeiro, A. R. Smith, T. E. Joiner Jr.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0165032711006847?via=ihub

**Studie: High place phenomenon: prevalence and clinical correlates in two German samples | Von: T. Teismann, J. Brailovskaia, S. Schaumburg, A. Wannemüller
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7525079/

Forum Clout
I'll meticulously rinse any bowls, plates, cutlery, glasses, mugs, etc, before I use them because I'm worried that leftover dish washing liquid will give me stomach cancer.

Menial tasks (like filling out paper work, sending emails, completing spreadsheets) I assign to my right hand.

Fun tasks (such as drawing, playing guitar, using Photoshop or 3D modelling software, masturbating) is assigned to my left hand.

HH Brother

I wanna fuck you up the ass, funster.
Forum Clout
Not stepping on manhole covers is just good practice. The electric ones fucking blow up all the time
Don't step on the crack, you'll break your mommas back UGHWEEWEEWEEEEEEEE

1688439910272.png

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout
Now that I type them out It might look like I have some sort of autism but I can assure you that there is perfectly logical and plausible reasons.

When eating a meal, things are eaten in a certain order, with the last bite(s) being the most delicious.
Why wouldn't you want to finish on the best bit(s) of the meal? So it annoys me when the wife tries to give me food from her late when I have finished.

I will practice tasks and mentally map out rooms, routes etc down to good detail in the event I need to navigate them blind.
Things like stairs I know the count of steps, whether I should be going 2 or 3 steps at a time, what foot and step I start with etc. Particularly with split staircases or stairwells.

Forum Clout
Now that I type them out It might look like I have some sort of autism but I can assure you that there is perfectly logical and plausible reasons.

When eating a meal, things are eaten in a certain order, with the last bite(s) being the most delicious.
Why wouldn't you want to finish on the best bit(s) of the meal? So it annoys me when the wife tries to give me food from her late when I have finished.

I will practice tasks and mentally map out rooms, routes etc down to good detail in the event I need to navigate them blind.
Things like stairs I know the count of steps, whether I should be going 2 or 3 steps at a time, what foot and step I start with etc. Particularly with split staircases or stairwells.
With the food, do you always alternate bites, and portion the bite size so by the end you have one bite of each left?

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout
With the food, do you always alternate bites, and portion the bite size so by the end you have one bite of each left?
Yes although there are some items that will get eaten all at once or before finale.
Something like peas or carrots I'll just eat them all at once to clear them off the plate usually at the start.
Broccoli and asparagus get spaced out but still wouldn't make the final bite cut. Not many veg do.
The final bite will always be what I deem the best of that thing.
So my steak I would have eaten around what I judge to be the primo bite, the last roast potato is the best one on the plate etc.

give it to me straight doc, is it the 'tism?

Last edited:
Forum Clout
Yes although their are some items that will get eaten all at once or before finale.
Something like peas or carrots I'll just eat them all at once to clear them off the plate usually at the start.
Broccoli and asparagus get spaced out but still wouldn't make the final bite cut. Not many veg do.
The final bite will always be what I deem the best of that thing.
So my steak I would have eaten around what I judge to be the primo bite, the last roast potato is the best one on the plate etc.

give it to me straight doc, is it the 'tism?
If it's tism, I got it too

Salted Earth Truffle

Eric Hildeman poked my no-no hole when I was 5
Forum Clout
I can’t walk between two parked cars without thinking of one suddenly accelerating and paralyzing me for life.

I used to whistle without realizing I was doing it. Not sure why I stopped.

When I was a kid I’d only put canned soup or ravioli in a bowl if my father was around. Seemed like a waste of a clean dish when the can makes a perfectly good piece of crockery. (No need to heat up food unless it’s a freezing cold day.) My dad would yell at me that I was going to give myself a heart attack from eating out of cans. Not sure of the scientific rigor behind that fear, especially since he didn’t seem to think his extra 30 pounds of body weight posed any risk. I don’t do this anymore mostly because I don’t eat canned food.

I have to wash my hands right after I tie my shoes or touch the floor for any reason. Ditto if I touch a garbage can, which I try not to do. When I’m at a casual restaurant with garbage receptacles where you have to push it open with your hand, I use a tray to do it and then wash my hands.

I’m right handed but for some reason have always jerked off with my left hand.

I don’t believe that recycling is worth the resources that go into it and where I live now I could throw everything in the garbage and not get in trouble (unlike my previous life in Manhattan), but I still separate it all out into separate bins.

I’ve been told that it looks like I “chew” my drinks. I can’t explain it but when I take a sip I make sure the liquid touches my tongue and the roof of my mouth; my friends tell me most people just throw sips straight down their throats. I assume they’re fucking with me.

I can’t leave a radio station or playlist on unless it’s a song I absolutely love and am really into at that moment. Also am told I flick through TV stations too quickly to register what’s on each one, but I always assumed everyone gets an immediate sense of whether what’s on is worth stopping for.