What single piece of media (a videogame, movie, song, tv show, etc.) completely locked you in as a fan for life?

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I grew up mostly watching people play videogames, it wasn't until my uncle bought me GTA 1 for the PS1 that I knew I was gonna be a fan of gaming for probably the rest of my life. Even if I'm not playing a game, I can still enjoy watching people play them.

GTA 1 completely floored me at the time. I was 10 years old and it was the first mature game that someone got me. He didn't even know the game existed and bought it because I said how cool it was. I remember getting home and he let me boot it up right away as he went and did drugs out back with his buddies and I played for about 4 hours nonstop.

How bout you all?

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
filters_quality(70).jpeg

A House Nigger

Zero Nigger Policy.
I grew up mostly watching people play videogames, it wasn't until my uncle bought me GTA 1 for the PS1 that I knew I was gonna be a fan of gaming for probably the rest of my life. Even if I'm not playing a game, I can still enjoy watching people play them.

GTA 1 completely floored me at the time. I was 10 years old and it was the first mature game that someone got me. He didn't even know the game existed and bought it because I said how cool it was. I remember getting home and he let me boot it up right away as he went and did drugs out back with his buddies and I played for about 4 hours nonstop.

How bout you all?
Me too with GTA 1

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Twin Peaks was the first thing I watched of David Lynch and was hooked immediately I never watched anything like it before and it shaped my gay 16 year old mind at the time.

Metal Slug 2 hooked me immediately seeing it at a pizza place I went to and watching a guy and girl just tear through it. The pixel art and gore was like nothing I had seen since then. I think I was 10.

Doom hooked me right away because I was never allowed to play it as a child and would play it secretly on the family PC.

Maybe it's hack to say here, but Norm's non sequiturs on weekend update. I missed Dirty Work in theaters but paid my Mom a $5 to order the VOD. You fucking zoomers wouldn't understand the pain of needing to own VHS tapes that were "Priced for rental", Dirty Work VHS was originally over $79.99...I got it again on DVD for $20 when it came out, probably paid for it again in another $5 2 or 4 movie dvd pack on a vacation at some point.
Screwed kind of sucked but his Audio Book is fantastic to listen & relisten to.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
That's a shit example of French cinema though. It was just copying generic American hood movies. Mid 90s was pretty bad for French cinema because Hollywood was ripping them off and doing it better.
It let me know it existed. Also dabbling into French rap.

Each to their own.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
In terms of arthouse movies the first that hooked me on them and Criterion collection in general was renting Elevator to the Gallows at my library. I then spent that summer diving into the collection and watching some really great stuff. I think that was the gateway to opening my mind that foreign movies can slap. Previously I only watched anime movies like a fag.