What kind of music are you fellas listening to nowadays?

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
My nigga! I hate how he keeps remastering all the classics. I want to hear the original gritty, amphetamine-driven recordings. How do I make sure I'm listening to the OG production?
This guy, LetThereBeRock31, has the original recordings: https://www.youtube.com/user/LetThereBeRock31

You can tell the difference, and on some albums it's like night and day. On Peace Sells, the snare drum is way louder and you can hear bass that Dave smothered in 2004 (probably because Ellefson was suing him during that time). Peace Sells sounds completely different. Dave couldn't remaster all the vocals on Rust In Peace because he lost some of the tracks, so on songs like Five Magics and (I think) Take No Prisoners the vocals are different and some of the lyrics are messed up.

The only remaster that was justified was the debut album, because that one sounded like shit anyway. The other classic albums have to be listened to with their original production, otherwise you're not really hearing what's being played. Peace Sells sounds crazier and more frantic than Rust In Peace.

One of these days I'll get around to seeking out the originals on CD, but for now that guy's channel is better than the remasters on CD.

Guyincognito

John D’oh!
Lots of Mercyful Fate lately. The first two records and the EP. Kreator too, the early stuff. I just came out of a long 90s bender which came on the heels of a whole 80s hardcore phase.
Hell yeah dude! I was gonna say Mercyful Fate too! I’ve been on a huge King Diamond kick for like 2 years now. The Oath is probably the greatest song ever

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Hell yeah dude! I was gonna say Mercyful Fate too! I’ve been on a huge King Diamond kick for like 2 years now. The Oath is probably the greatest song ever
The Oath is peak MF/King Diamond. That song, the Melissa album, the first three tracks of Fatal Portrait (the cover looks like Melania Trump) and Abigail are awesome. He had nowhere to go but down from then on, and he was still good for years.

Other "black metal" from that period is great too, like this shit:

Mikekeke

Trouble In Tomlinson Town
I've been listening to a lot of Cradle of Filth. I can't even say that I'm enjoying it, but I've been nostalgic for music i listened to from fifteen years ago.

Music I do enjoy lately: the Prisoners soundtrack, Windhand, Ulver

I've also listened to the Cumtown Gay Actor Michael Douglas compilation a half dozen times this weekend.

Guyincognito

John D’oh!
The Oath is peak MF/King Diamond. That song, the Melissa album, the first three tracks of Fatal Portrait (the cover looks like Melania Trump) and Abigail are awesome. He had nowhere to go but down from then on, and he was still good for years.

Oh yeah man. Eye of the Witch, Abigail, Fatal Portrait. Spider’s Lullaby also has some bangers on it. Venom rules too. So does Celtic Frost. 80s evil metal was truly the best

Guyincognito

John D’oh!
I've been listening to a lot of Cradle of Filth. I can't even say that I'm enjoying it, but I've been nostalgic for music i listened to from fifteen years ago.

I've also listened to the Cumtown Gay Actor Michael Douglas compilation a half dozen times this weekend.

Monk

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I'd like something by Justin Bieber but he fucking crushes it in this Tiny Desk Concert. Haven't listened to any of the album cuts of these tracks but I'd definitely listen to more of his shit if it was like that video but I'm guessing it's not. I'm sure the album cuts are over-produced to the point of being unlistenable and looking at the track listings, I see they all feature shitty rappers, which is a shame.

I met Venom at an in-store appearance when "Black Metal" came out. Cronos and Mantas were both really tiny guys.

Coonskin

Don't thank the felon, Keith
Brothaman brothaman, i know this channel. Really cool to watch. The visuals make it seem like it would be achievable to learn the songs, and I kinda wish you could buy a keyboard with these visuals because I think that would be a reall easy way to learn

You can use a program called synthesia to do this. Ideally you want something above a 25key lol

O&AWOWSTICKERSTOP!

🌎=🏳️‍🌈

Cruelty and the Beast is an absolute masterpiece.