• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What if the day after Norm/11, Pat had bent the knee?

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
Forum Clout
I would also like to point out Norm is one of, if not the most respected comedian by his peers maybe ever. It was a stupid and fat hill to die on. Claims to be a fat comedian but doesn't think Norm is funny, kind of sums up his deep knowledge across the board.

CruisinColin

Forum Clout
I would also like to point out Norm is one of, if not the most respected comedian by his peers maybe ever. It was a stupid and fat hill to die on. Claims to be a fat comedian but doesn't think Norm is funny, kind of sums up his deep knowledge across the board.
The thing is, it wasn't even about whether he thought Norm was funny or not. He just wanted a reason to let everyone know how he was already way ahead of them and didn't like Norm before whatever nonsense was happening then. Like everything else, it was a reason to stroke his ego and say "I told you so".

Clint Ruin

I'm sorry, who are you?
Forum Clout
U/FoetusCorruptus was one of the first i can remember
Someone else, I don't recall who, posted on the OG sub about Rick first, it was a post about Rick's Norm tweet. Foetus visited Rick's Twitter on that suggestion and got his attention with the "I'm sorry, who are you? " tweet and shenanigans ensued.

The Fuchitive

Still alive as of January 2024
Forum Clout
The thing is, it wasn't even about whether he thought Norm was funny or not. He just wanted a reason to let everyone know how he was already way ahead of them and didn't like Norm before whatever nonsense was happening then. Like everything else, it was a reason to stroke his ego and say "I told you so".
As a reminder, Norm’s crime to these people was saying “Maybe we treated Louis CK a little too harshly “

Stent

stop him in his tracks show him that I am ruthless
Forum Clout
It was always going to be this way. Pat is drawn here by forces greater than we comprehend. The universe wants his suicide.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Forum Clout
Or maybe not, remember DMCA was Joe's bit that Patrick stole.
Other way around - Pat and Uncle Paul started doing them, and then Joe just started blasting them out randomly at anything he didn't like, hoping none of us would unmask and report him for his perjurious sworn DMCA claim.

Come to think of it, those Reddit DMCA claims make you state:
Required statement: I state that I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
Required statement: I state under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notice is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
...and since the DMCA allows parody and satire as exemptions, if Fat Pat had managed to unmask some pests he could have found himself in court defending himself against a selection of perjury felonies.

G

False DMCA claims happen all the time in the form of imprecise/false positive piracy links collected by bots, but good luck getting anyone held accountable let alone prosecuted.

Back in the day, some Internet retard going by [URL='https://encyclopediadramatica.online/index.php?title=Inmendham']Inmendham[/URL] got his main YouTube channel suspended by trolls filing false DMCA claims against his videos using Inmendham's own name and address for the complaining party. He started it by trying to deanonymize his critics who'd have to expose their names and addresses for DMCA counterclaims. Neither side got law enforcement attention for false DMCAs.

[MEDIA=youtube]7fpPADNq05w[/MEDIA]

Inmendham claimed "fair use" meant fair to him on the Internet. He also lost several lawsuits - some of which he took on pro se - and published YouTube videos [URL='https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8CBAD207E1CEC776']ranting against his judges[/URL] - which finally put some federal eyes on him.