• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What 9-5 job would you recommend?

Easily_Remembered

Mohammed was a Cumia
Eh. If you are going to do any sort of sales job I wouldn't do vending.

Used to work for an alcohol vendor a few years ago. It was good for a bit, but it gets old fast. I did like having my own schedule somewhat and the benefits were good, but the pay really isn't that great for the amount of work you have to do and if you start making more than what your projected salary is they'll find some bullshit excuse to cut your commission rate. You'll also have a bunch of incentives and things that factor into your PFP so if you don't make those you'll paycheck will suffer.

Also this pretty much goes for any sort of sales job, but you'll have to put up with some difficult customers and because of the industry you'll be dealing with a lot of grocery and convenience store managers. Believe me when I say grocery store managers are some of the most miserable assholes you'll ever meet in your life.

I did it for about 2 years and it was good sales experience that I was able to use to get a much better sales job that pays double what I was making, but that was really all it was good for.
It's not for everyone, that's for sure. I have been here 18 years in a variety of positions, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else. The freedom and not being bound to one location are simply too attractive for me - plus, we are actually hourly + commission, so you have the freedom to create your own paycheck.

I got a job offer from a milk vendor here, and it's tempting, but A) starting my workday at 3 AM just doesn't sound appealing to me, and B) I couldn't imagine starting over at this point in my life.

I gotta give you props. Beer vendors are some hard working mofos.

1073waaf

The ONLY station that REALLY ROCKS!
Is it true they fuck all the time
It’s a mixed bag. I used to work at this one agency that would facilitate sex sessions with the retards. There were some more independent female ones that would fuck local homeless dudes.

A lot of them jerk off a lot and will do weird sexual shit. There was this one guy who liked to wipe his cum all over things in the refrigerator because he liked knowing people were eating it.

This other dude I worked with was super into kids and we’d have to monitor his TV to make sure he wasn’t watching kid stuff. He would put on Dora the Explorer and shit and play with his nipples.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
It's not for everyone, that's for sure. I have been here 18 years in a variety of positions, and I couldn't imagine doing anything else. The freedom and not being bound to one location are simply too attractive for me - plus, we are actually hourly + commission, so you have the freedom to create your own paycheck.

I got a job offer from a milk vendor here, and it's tempting, but A) starting my workday at 3 AM just doesn't sound appealing to me, and B) I couldn't imagine starting over at this point in my life.

I gotta give you props. Beer vendors are some hard working mofos.
The freedom and not being bound to one location are things I really do miss about it. Otherwise though I don't at all.

We got a few hundred bucks with each paycheck, but other we were paid purely on commission and completing incentives. During the summer and winter you'd make good money, but otherwise you'd really have to make sure you were pushing people otherwise you wouldn't make shit. I can't imagine how shitty it is now with COVID fucking up the industry. I will say though being on commission certainly pushes your drive and work ethic though knowing it will affect your paycheck, but even with that it doesn't guarantee you money.

Honestly the incentives, pushing products and brands you knew weren't going to fucking sell, and having to put up with retarded store managers and bar owners is what did it for me. Having a college degree also certainly didn't make me feel like I was bound to the job either. Some of the guys I know in the field and worked with got into it because they really didn't have any other options.

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
my advice would be to maybe get some training on IT stuff that is required to be onsite and/or project management. Network architecture or something like that maybe? They like to hire local (white) people for those types of jobs who can speak understandable English.
Definitely second this. It's called IT System Engineer and it's not exactly 9-5, but in practice it mostly is.

Don't be mislead, this is a newfangled way of saying server + network technician and the job can differ 100% depending on what department in which company. Internal IT vs. MSP (service provider) comes to mind. You may never touch a router or switch or you may be responsible for entire networks.

If you're moderately willing to learn and white you should be fine with doing some introductory Microsoft certs (MD100 & 101) and get a job at a helpdesk in an MSP (service provider). It will be very stressful because you'll interact with hundreds of different customer's systems and keep learning a lot by the seat of your pants and by nature of the job, that also never truly ends.

If you are transparent about your skillset (and i mean brutally honest, you wouldn't believe how many people try to Tomlinson their way through interviews with me), show up and try to learn as much as you can from the tickets you resolve, keep doing certs or just reading up on the fundamentals (ISO/OSI, networking basics, virtualization) and you have a good sense of managing people which in your industry you surely do, I can almost promise you could be recovering your current income in a few years time.

Once you feel you have enough experience under your belt to get into a third-level support / professional engineer role, you may have to jump ship because companies haven't yet realized how utterly fucked they are about working conditions vs. pay. I had multiple manangers lead me on for a promotion only to have some faggot with a degree pass me by or upper management found other excuses.

And even if you end up hating the technical aspects, there's also always a lack of account managers & sales.
They mostly just talk to vendors and customers and have a high-level understanding because they mostly are techie guys promoted internally.

There's a big hole in the market worldwide because most people get stuck in the support positions for ever which burns them out in 5-10 yrs.
I think the only way though is to go through exactly this process and advance to higher support tiers by fighting tooth and nail to get involved in any projects. Once the senior engineers notice your work ethic and/or talent you will start getting more projects and be more sheltered from idiotic customers and support dumpster fires.

Only very rarely have I seen someone being super specialized in one area, I find that mostly comes after years of general jack-of-all-trades experience when you start digging into something deeply for a big project or because the company requires you to get certified for something.

Ultimately, the lack of professional IT will only get worse in the next few years . Meaning stress but also freedom/wages will only increase.
I still think it's a great job and very highly paid for how much stress it actually is. The evening and weekend work for maintenance is sparse and more and more automated, but with family can really be annoying. You'll probably be on call too but should get compensated for basically carrying a phone around - if there's many emergency calls, your company stinks and you should leave. This will be your biggest hurdle I imagine.

TL;DR (pm me if you want to know more)
  • The job can be stressful, but there are small downtimes in between
  • People you interact with are mostly tense and pissed off and rarely grateful
  • Very well paid and wages should only be increasing, the job will stay relevant for decades
  • I never work more than 50 hours a week and if I do, I get COMP'D
  • There's evening/night work maybe 1-2x/month and 2-3x/yr saturdays, due to most maintenance or swapping out hardware not happening during business hours any more now that people's jobs depend on Email / VoIP
  • Depending on your skill level, you can automate many things lesser skilled individuals won't and save lots of time to drink coffee
  • I wasted a few years waiting early on for promotion - don't do that
  • I skipped companies 3 times the past 6 years and every time was a promotion/pay raise because I hustled and now I'm in the highest tier without being in management and I will have to fight to keep it that way. Peter principle, etc.
  • I didn't ever get a degree and I have one MS cert and still am able to make 6 figures

Last edited:

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
My dad is an architect and tells me that the CAD jobs are now dominated by gooks and pajeets because it can be done from anywhere. Same with programming stuff.

There's a lot you can do with a drafting certification outside of architecture. My buddy makes $70k working as a lead drafter for a survey company. Another place where I'm from makes roof trusses and are hiring in house cad guys. Metal working companies, manufacturing - they both need on site cad engineers.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
do none of you retards lie on your resume? just make shit up.. no ones checking your credentials in most hiring processes
you realize how easy it is for companies to verify you at least attended college and your previous job? It's why many won't even consider you now unless you provide some references.

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
You work a job waiting tables and spend your money on Compound Media?! Fuckin degenerate

Work at a group home for retarded people. It’s the easiest job ever if you get a good house. You mostly just sit around and watch TV. I work asleep overnights now and I get paid to just go to the house and sleep for the night.

Don't you have to change their diapers though?

My advice to the OP would be to start a paywalled podcast network.

Last edited:
G

Definitely second this. It's called IT System Engineer and it's not exactly 9-5, but in practice it mostly is.

Don't be mislead, this is a newfangled way of saying server + network technician and the job can differ 100% depending on what department in which company. Internal IT vs. MSP (service provider) comes to mind. You may never touch a router or switch or you may be responsible for entire networks.

If you're moderately willing to learn and white you should be fine with doing some introductory Microsoft certs (MD100 & 101) and get a job at a helpdesk in an MSP (service provider). It will be very stressful because you'll interact with hundreds of different customer's systems and keep learning a lot by the seat of your pants and by nature of the job, that also never truly ends.

If you are transparent about your skillset (and i mean brutally honest, you wouldn't believe how many people try to Tomlinson their way through interviews with me), show up and try to learn as much as you can from the tickets you resolve, keep doing certs or just reading up on the fundamentals (ISO/OSI, networking basics, virtualization) and you have a good sense of managing people which in your industry you surely do, I can almost promise you could be recovering your current income in a few years time.

Once you feel you have enough experience under your belt to get into a third-level support / professional engineer role, you may have to jump ship because companies haven't yet realized how utterly fucked they are about working conditions vs. pay. I had multiple manangers lead me on for a promotion only to have some faggot with a degree pass me by or upper management found other excuses.

And even if you end up hating the technical aspects, there's also always a lack of account managers & sales.
They mostly just talk to vendors and customers and have a high-level understanding because they mostly are techie guys promoted internally.

There's a big hole in the market worldwide because most people get stuck in the support positions for ever which burns them out in 5-10 yrs.
I think the only way though is to go through exactly this process and advance to higher support tiers by fighting tooth and nail to get involved in any projects. Once the senior engineers notice your work ethic and/or talent you will start getting more projects and be more sheltered from idiotic customers and support dumpster fires.

Only very rarely have I seen someone being super specialized in one area, I find that mostly comes after years of general jack-of-all-trades experience when you start digging into something deeply for a big project or because the company requires you to get certified for something.

Ultimately, the lack of professional IT will only get worse in the next few years . Meaning stress but also freedom/wages will only increase.
I still think it's a great job and very highly paid for how much stress it actually is. The evening and weekend work for maintenance is sparse and more and more automated, but with family can really be annoying. You'll probably be on call too but should get compensated for basically carrying a phone around - if there's many emergency calls, your company stinks and you should leave. This will be your biggest hurdle I imagine.

TL;DR (pm me if you want to know more)
  • The job can be stressful, but there are small downtimes in between
  • People you interact with are mostly tense and pissed off and rarely grateful
  • Very well paid and wages should only be increasing, the job will stay relevant for decades
  • I never work more than 50 hours a week and if I do, I get COMP'D
  • There's evening/night work maybe 1-2x/month and 2-3x/yr saturdays, due to most maintenance or swapping out hardware not happening during business hours any more now that people's jobs depend on Email / VoIP
  • Depending on your skill level, you can automate many things lesser skilled individuals won't and save lots of time to drink coffee
  • I wasted a few years waiting early on for promotion - don't do that
  • I skipped companies 3 times the past 6 years and every time was a promotion/pay raise because I hustled and now I'm in the highest tier without being in management and I will have to fight to keep it that way. Peter principle, etc.
  • I didn't ever get a degree and I have one MS cert and still am able to make 6 figures
Good advice. I’ll add to this, you can do this job or something similar for the government too, depending on where you live or if you’re willing to move, once you get the basic experience somewhere else.

your pay ceiling would be lower but hours, benefits, security, quality of life probably better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heyfellas

Where we at with the where we at?
you realize how easy it is for companies to verify you at least attended college and your previous job? It's why many won't even consider you now unless you provide some references.
Most of the jobs I’ve interviewed for have asked for transcripts proving I graduated from college.

Plus they all do background checks anyway so if I didn’t really attend Waukesha technical college they’d know.