Watching Metallica on Sirius and this fruit looks like this the whole time

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
I saw him with The Illegals opening for Slayer in 2019, it was really good. My issue with the "Pantera reunion" is Zakk Wylde, who IMO is a complete fag. Soon as I heard that, I was out.
Zakk Wylde is fucking awful. I have no idea how he has fans. That mediocre fag plays the same on every single song and also tries to imitate Ozzy in his Black Label bullshit. Zakk makes any song sound like shit with his over usage of harmonics. Most overrated guitarist of all time.

Zakk Wylde is fucking awful. I have no idea how he has fans. That mediocre fag plays the same on every single song and also tries to imitate Ozzy in his Black Label bullshit. Zakk makes any song sound like shit with his over usage of harmonics. Most overrated guitarist of all time.
I can't stand him, never could. He's a modern-day Vinnie Vincent, all flash, no substance. And he's a total try-hard too. Pantera without the Abbotts is not Pantera at all, and while I don't really fault the estate from wanting to cash in one more time, it's kind of bogus and sad. I mean, Rex Brown...big fucking deal. I saw Anselmo and The Illegals do their Pantera set and it was very good, there's no reason they could have just thrown Rex Brown into the mix and done that again.

It was even worse than that. Everyone always forgets what actually started the Napster faggotry. Metallica's record label was doing a soundtrack album for Mission Impossible 2. They took an old, shitty song from the "Load" sessions, used it over the ending credits in the movie, then slapped it on the soundtrack CD, pitching it as a BRAND NEW METALLICA song that you couldn't get anywhere else. Then that track leaked online, meaning that Metallica's most ardent fans wouldn't necessarily need to drop $18.99 on a shitty soundtrack CD containing one song they wanted to hear.

This was what Lars was defending, the "right" to deliberately gouge his biggest fans as he saw fit. He was defending a corporate music cash cow designed to fleece fans into buying trash. Napster killed that cash cow, and Lars dutifully came to his employer's defense, like the good little foot soldier he is. This, as well as his general annoyingness, is why everyone hates him so much.
Hell yeah dude. I remember watching the Napster news interviews at the time and the bullshit they would throw out was stomach churning. On one interview they suggested that their albums as whole were one entity and not a collection of songs. By downloading, people would not fully enjoy their music as it would be played out of context. Real fans would always buy the album Then they joked the songs would feel lonely if a track was downloaded and played. Cheap fucks

Toast

Hell yeah dude. I remember watching the Napster news interviews at the time and the bullshit they would throw out was stomach churning. On one interview they suggested that their albums as whole were one entity and not a collection of songs. By downloading, people would not fully enjoy their music as it would be played out of context. Real fans would always buy the album Then they joked the songs would feel lonely if a track was downloaded and played. Cheap fucks
Those fuckers really said that? Wish their shit would of got pulled from the radio since the same argument could be made for that.

Those fuckers really said that? Wish their shit would of got pulled from the radio since the same argument could be made for that.
Ohh those fuck were shilling for the record companies. Those fuckers are 100% plastic. I remember around the same time Dave Grohl??? was asked his opinion. "We don't care if people download our music as we believe if People hear it they'll want to buy a ticket to see us at a show or festival" I'm paraphrasing somewhat but either he or QotSA guy had the correct response

Huh?

Metallica were complete fags during the Napster/Some Kind of Monster/St. Anger era. But that was 20 years ago and they've kinda mellowed personality-wise with age. Watch some concert footage from their shows this past summer and tell me they don't sound better than ever.

If you can't separate the artist from the art, how can you enjoy anything?

It was all about that shitty song, "I Disappear", an outtake from the "Load" sessions in 95-96. "LOOK IT'S A BRAND NEW METALLICA SONG YOU CAN ONLY GET HERE!", and their label assumed ardent Metallica fans would buy the fucking MI2 soundtrack in droves. Those soundtrack albums cost the labels almost nothing to make, they were full of music they already owned, that was already recorded. And Napster came along, and fucked it all up for them.

Another hilarious Metallica anecdote from way back when. Back in 1996, when the hotly-anticipated "Load" was about to drop, Howard Stern got "exclusive" rights to debut the new single, "Until It Sleeps", on WXRK in NYC. Stern had gotten into "Black" a few years before that, and immediately began pretending he was the big Metallica expert and how he did so much to "promote" them, none of which was even remotely true. So he debuts the song, he talked all over it, and carried on like it was some brutal heavy masterpiece, while everyone else confusedly asked "WTF was that faggotry all about?". It was unbelievably cringe and gay. And being gay was a deliberate choice by Metallica, who at the time were doing their label's bidding and trying to "move away" from being heavy, under the guise of "musical growth". So when they blather on about their new albums being "throwbacks" to old Metallica, bear in mind that having to "return to their roots" was only made necessary by being gay in the first place.

I can't stand him, never could. He's a modern-day Vinnie Vincent, all flash, no substance. And he's a total try-hard too. Pantera without the Abbotts is not Pantera at all, and while I don't really fault the estate from wanting to cash in one more time, it's kind of bogus and sad. I mean, Rex Brown...big fucking deal. I saw Anselmo and The Illegals do their Pantera set and it was very good, there's no reason they could have just Rex Brown into the mix and done that again.
I was following the Vinnie Vincent 'revival' on YouTube couple years back but I lost track of the videos. I wonder if those rubes got their boxsets this time? I probably know the answer without checking. Maybe Vinnitia sent one of his freezer dogs to a lucky fan.

I was following the Vinnie Vincent 'revival' on YouTube couple years back but I lost track of the videos. I wonder if those rubes got their boxsets this time? I probably know the answer without checking. Maybe Vinnitia sent one of his freezer dogs to a lucky fan.
He showed up at a Kiss expo in Nashville earlier this year. They had a big fake tank turret on stage, and he stood on top of it and played a horrible 45 minute guitar solo. Then he played along with some pre-recorded tapes, while Ace Frehley and Bruce Kulick stood next to him looking annoyed. He looks like an old housewife now.

He showed up at a Kiss expo in Nashville earlier this year. They had a big fake tank turret on stage, and he stood on top of it and played a horrible 45 minute guitar solo. Then he played along with some pre-recorded tapes, while Ace Frehley and Bruce Kulick stood next to him looking annoyed. He looks like an old housewife now.
I need to find this. I can't believe how shitty he played a couple years ago. It looked like it was his first time picking up a guitar. He was simply stunning in his Hillary Clinton pant suit, mind you. Sounds like rubes will keep paying up so good on him for taking advantage of the retardeds, I guess.

I need to find this. I can't believe how shitty he played a couple years ago. It looked like it was his first time picking up a guitar. He was simply stunning in his Hillary Clinton pant suit, mind you. Sounds like rubes will keep paying up so good on him for taking advantage of the retardeds, I guess.
It sounded a lot like Nigel Tufnel's solo in "This Is Spinal Tap", except way, way longer and far less funny. He's just incredibly disturbing to look at, too.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
That new song dropped and the internet queers were screaming "OMG IT'S EXACTLY LIKE MASTER OF PUPPETS IT'S SO UNBELIEVABLY HEAVY!". Then I hear it and it's by-the-numbers, modern Metallica...gay as fuck, with Cowboy Jimmy's annoying yodeling. An album about how "childhood shaped them"...yeah, how very unique. An album full of good, 3-4 minute tracks would be cool too, but that's never gonna happen.
Yeah but did you see the album cover that I wouldn't even find edgy in the 5th grade?