Watched the new Scream (2022)

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
WWAW the theory that his buddy was in on it?
Been a long time since I watched it but I always thought the friend was just an unwitting pawn. Some of the targets say stuff like “Does he know who you are? He doesn’t, does he?”, which wouldn’t really make sense to me if that dude was also in the cult.

G

Been a long time since I watched it but I always thought the friend was just an unwitting pawn. Some of the targets say stuff like “Does he know who you are? He doesn’t, does he?”, which wouldn’t really make sense to me if that dude was also in the cult.
A good point.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
What I love is definitely dull by today's standards, but I still love the Val Lewton RKO Horror films.

It was all about atmosphere, staging of shots, use of shadows like Noir would do, and really relied on the performances. Everything that was scary was all perception, it was filled in with your mind. Their the original low budget horror films.

Whether it was the shadows and sounds of Cat People, the Hitchcock-esque tension and madness of Isle of the Dead, the formation of the slasher genre with The Leopard Man, or the outright disturbing undertones of The Seventh Victim, I still love these films today. These and the Thin Man movies are some of the few old movies that hold up.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
I don't get why people rant and rave about this movie. Ayyyy's tits are quite nice in it, but I found it boring and uninteresting. But it's like Citizen Kane to reddit. I'd love to be proven wrong.
It works under the assumption that in Colonial America, witches were real.
Family cast out of civilization.
They forsake their silver cup.
The youngest is sacrificed.
The crops are blighted.
The first born son dies of fever.
The father succumbs to weakness.
The mother goes insane.
The twins are eaten by witches
The goat turns out to be the Devil incarnate.
The virgin daughter sells her soul for material pleasure.
The End

What's not to love?

Last edited:

Raymond

You will never see my penis
Just watched Kill List. Vurry good. It's the kind of horror movie that's good by regular movie standards, which is too rare in that awful shitty genre.

TheNanaDook

It works under the assumption that in Colonial America, witches were real.
Family cast out of civilization.
They forsake their silver cup.
The youngest is sacrificed.
The crops are blighted.
The first born son dies of fever.
The father succumbs to weakness.
The mother goes insane.
The twins are eaten by witches
The goat turns out to be the Devil incarnate.
The virgin daughter sells her soul for material pleasure.
The End

What's not to love?
Couldn't understand their accents
Couldn't hear because audio was too low
Movie was "le epic A24 muh slow burn muh no jumpscares muh feminist overtones"
"Isn't le British satan goat cool? HAHA BUTTER HAHA"

It felt very soy.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
What I love is definitely dull by today's standards, but I still love the Val Lewton RKO Horror films.

It was all about atmosphere, staging of shots, use of shadows like Noir would do, and really relied on the performances. Everything that was scary was all perception, it was filled in with your mind. Their the original low budget horror films.

Whether it was the shadows and sounds of Cat People, the Hitchcock-esque tension and madness of Isle of the Dead, the formation of the slasher genre with The Leopard Man, or the outright disturbing undertones of The Seventh Victim, I still love these films today. These and the Thin Man movies are some of the few old movies that hold up.
We've had this conversation before, but Val Lewton invented modern horror. The fact that The Seventh Victim made it by OWI censors amazes me to this day.
Thank God Citizen Kane almost broke RKO.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
We've had this conversation before, but Val Lewton invented modern horror. The fact that The Seventh Victim made it by OWI censors amazes me to this day.
Thank God Citizen Kane almost broke RKO.

I think that movies ending, the fear of being known for those kind of films, and wanting to prove himself is why he stopped doing horror years later. He never topped the atmosphere and climax of The Seventh Victim, but he still kept going anyway.

He was so good at it though. He'd be handed a film title and told to build a movie around it, no script even ready yet. Besides The Body Snatcher and Bedlam, he'd write the final draft on every movie he produced, often times interjecting Russian and European folk/ghost legends into the stories. Each film had to be under 75 minutes and come in under $150,000. And not one of those 9 horror films was a bad movie, even if Curse of the Cat People was more of a kids film.

To quote Richard Christy, he's my faaaaaaaaaavorite.