TV Adverts that remind you of being young

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
It's fucking hilarious how they have him crash at the end. People have no idea how insanely popular EK was back then. The whole country had EK mania for a few years. We actually had a special school assembly where they screened the movie starring George Hamilton as Evel. Even the Fonz got in on the "jumping motorcycles over shit" mania.
He was huge, I had the motorcycle, chopper and the rocket, his jumps that were specials on wide world of sports got big ratings, of course as kids we would start jumping over garbage cans and shit with Schwinn chopper bikes that were not designed for that, was quite few years before bmx bikes really came out

He was huge, I had the motorcycle, chopper and the rocket, his jumps that were specials on wide world of sports got big ratings, of course as kids we would start jumping over garbage cans and shit with Schwinn chopper bikes that were not designed for that, was quite few years before bmx bikes really came out
EVERYONE would drop EVERYTHING to watch EK's dumb jumps. Entertainment was much more communal back then, options were far more limited so everyone watched the same shit at the same time. He'd do a jump on "ABC's Wide World Of Sports" and you'd sit there waiting and waiting all afternoon to see him jump fourteen buses or whatever. Even my grandparents would watch that shit.

I remember there were a few imitators, none of whom really caught on. There was some asshole named Super Joe, another guy (Bob Gill maybe) who got paralyzed trying to jump a lake, and there was a girl, Debbie something.