• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Trouble Between Jim & Sam?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I never said Artie being a junkie can be laid at howards feet but I think that environment led to him convince himself for longer that what he was doing was normal and not fucked up and dysfunctional because nobody called him on it until he couldn't show up AND be sober at the same time.
I don't think that Artie was sober on Stern ever. He was doing coke and drinking heavily during the first year of Stern. Beer League was filmed in 2005 and he was a heroin junkie by then. And people definitely called out Artie for being on coke and heroin on Stern during the K-Rock years. And his Beer League backers wanted to force him into rehab for heroin. Everyone knew.

Artie is just a junkie loser who blames everyone including his 'environment'.
He was bringing dealers to the building to snorting H in the stairwells, which would have been enough for anyone else to be fired.
He was bringing his dealers around at K-Rock, on the set of Beer League, and to his standup comedy shows. It really is a miracle how resilient Artie is considering his mythical levels of drug use over the years.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
I hate to admit it but at this point i'd side with Sam over Jim.. can't believe im typing that
I think what makes Jim more despicable is his arrogance. Sam at least seems content with where he is in life: being underpaid to host an awful show that caters to his infantile hobbies on a dying medium. There seems to be an implicit understanding that he's climbed as high as he can, and he's making the most of it.

Jim, on the other hand, seems to operate under the misguided notion that he's above J&S. That it's just a speed bump on the road to his next big break, instead of the end of the road that it is and for which he should be grateful. It's why you can clearly see him getting more sour as the years pass by and he's still stuck on a dead end job on satellite, and why he's pushing his tranny wife show so hard. He's frustrated.

It's bad enough to pollute the airwaves with dreck the likes of J&S, and the only thing that can make it worse is Jim acting aloof and phoning in an already dogshit show. It's obvious that the show was never intended to made for the benefit of the fucking listeners, so if the host himself isn't even enjoying it anymore, what's the fucking point?

Forum Clout
1000004109.jpg

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout
Remember when Jim was trying to emulate what Opie did, failed miserably at basic operations of the job he could've acquired by having an intern show him and practicing for 30 minutes or pure osmosis just by coming in 5 minutes before the show and observing over the years? And how he gave up the spot to Sam after like a few months?

I remember because I hate comedian and podcaster James "Jimmy" Norton.

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
Remember when Jim was trying to emulate what Opie did, failed miserably at basic operations of the job he could've acquired by having an intern show him and practicing for 30 minutes or pure osmosis just by coming in 5 minutes before the show and observing over the years? And how he gave up the spot to Sam after like a few months?

I remember because I hate comedian and podcaster James "Jimmy" Norton.
I'm 99.9% sure I could do radio. And I'm sure most posters here could write a solid 5 min and hit a open mic