Too bad it’s fiction.

bovinebrain

MIND CONTROL!!!
395E3E7E-F922-4D48-B9C0-C41CD23D5926.jpeg

Sink Inspector

Jackie Singh fat
Where was it he said that he was refusing to pay up? It's hard to keep track of his sillyness.
Josiah Tape #2

P: [...] And now there's an outside possibility that they may actually rule that I owe Quasi money. He will never see a penny of from now until the heat death of the universe.

He wanted to spend $17,000 to remain anonymous. Fine, but I will never under any circumstances give you a cent of that back. You spent it. That's yours. That's on you.
[44:00]
J: Even if the Judge orders you?

P: Don't care. Not happening. I'm not going to pay my abuser. That's not going to happen.

J: Okay.

P: That's what the appeals process is for

G

At some point, many judgement debtors conclude that it's better to just pay the creditor than to deal with the stress of being pursued for payment over a long time.
Rick is certain stubborn enough to be pursued for payment for a long time. Honestly, maybe it's best to hope that one of his books gets picked up. I imagine there are laughs to be had if Quasi is able to garnish most/all of any advance he might get.

bovinebrain

MIND CONTROL!!!
Rick is certain stubborn enough to be pursued for payment for a long time. Honestly, maybe it's best to hope that one of his books gets picked up. I imagine there are laughs to be had if Quasi is able to garnish most/all of any advance he might get.
I’m pretty sure he’d show no restraint in blatantly lying about his assets while under oath. “No, judge child. That simply isn’t true.”

G

No idea I'm the technical administrator.

If i had to guess I'd imagine that with quasi being a john doe, the debtor being a deadbeat and not paying, and other factors, it's a confluence of extremely unique circumstances. This all adds up to make this a very difficult situation.

What do you want him to do? give a clandestine interview where he lays out the road map to everything?
Yeah he should DM me. All's I know is we live in a society and there are rules. This isn't the fucking Wild West where a debtor can just disappear in the desert. Pisses me off.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
I’m pretty sure he’d show no restraint in blatantly lying about his assets while under oath. “No, judge child. That simply isn’t true.”
I'm very much in favour of this, as Pat's too stupid to keep his story straight and a little jail time for perjury would do old "I never lie, child" the world of good.

It would cost him his insurance licence in most states, too.

What do you want him to do? give a clandestine interview where he lays out the road map to everything?
We don't need every detail, but it would be nice to know that he hasn't just given up. It's been over a year, has Pat been served notice of his debtor's exam? Has the debt been localised in Milwaukee? Has Quasi applied for a bench warrant in California for contempt of court in ignoring his judgement, and is there a Go Fund Me where we can chip in to hire a bounty hunter to bring him to justice? Are we good to go to remove his insurance licenses, or should we leave it a bit?

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
I read on kiwifarms that the debt is being very aggresively pursued. Must have been lost during the hack.

Quasi was saying that in addition to being a series of rare events, the courts are essentially backed up over a year or more using covid as an excuse. Everything is taking 3-4 times longer.

He said that there's not much to say until certain things are finalized. From various tweets and interviews he was able to piece together several misconceptions that Rick has. Answering any questions like these would be doing work for him.

Tl/Dr- did you see the news? Dan thats a reference
This is all obviously hearsay but I wish him well.