Today's soup is cheese burger.

Jim Norton’s Wife's Cock

Those breeches will stay open!
Isn’t it a universal truth that any “specials of the day” on the menu are just expired left overs they desperately want to sell?
I know in Spain and most of the Mediterranean a special is completely different, it's usually something they have procured that day. For example some fish from a local fisherman mere hours before opening. However, that is the Mediterranean and this is Milwaukee we are talking about.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It’s amazing how they don’t even try to make it look good. It’s nursing home food quality, just take a pic and post it online because their clientele are trash. Don’t even bother to light it properly, move the crackers, or use any filters. Their social media team seems to be boomers or people that know it doesn’t matter since their customers are trash and will eat slop.

warchief1978

I am the man with no name...
Jesus they could have taken the meat and made little meatballs, cooked up a little acini di pepe and put that plus the vegetables/seasonings in the chicken broth and maybe made a semi-decent Italian Wedding soup. They probably realized their clientele are pigs like Rick and would rather have "cheeseburger soup".
You think they know what acini di pepe is?

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
That looks like the shit I took this morning
Ya look like the last shit I took!
C3E01C9C-E0D6-4CE3-BA85-5A6DFD6CC714.jpeg

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Isn’t it a universal truth that any “specials of the day” on the menu are just expired left overs they desperately want to sell?
According to Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential, yes. "Specials" are usually made out of shit nearing expiration. He also discourages people from going out to eat on Mondays, as that is the day most head chefs have off and the kitchen is eager to clean house from the weekend in order to make room for new food deliveries.
So that's two strikes for Hooligans

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
I know in Spain and most of the Mediterranean a special is completely different, it's usually something they have procured that day. For example some fish from a local fisherman mere hours before opening. However, that is the Mediterranean and this is Milwaukee we are talking about.
Yeah, in non-dogshit places it's often just seasonal produce or opportunity purchases. 'Catch of the Day', 'Vegetables in Season', that sort of thing. It often is shit that's reaching its expiration but that doesn't automatically mean it's bad, it means they want to sell it as quickly as possible before they have to throw it out and incur a loss.

The fact that they're using hamburger meat to make soup is a big red flag though. It's a sign that the texture or flavor of the meat is fucked up due to freezer burn or whatever, and they can't justify selling them as patties. Or that whoever's in charge of the kitchen is a lazy and unimaginative bum who can't think of a better way to deal with leftovers.

Like, there's plenty of better ways to make a soupy mincemeat dish than that anemic broth shit. Ever heard of chili, stupids? Any kitchen should have enough ingredients in the pantry to whip a basic one up. Or just buy a few other cheap bulk products to make something that's a whole lot more appetizing, like pasta fazool or dan dan noodles.

I'm guessing they knew they could put zero effort in making slop, knowing that drunk flyover rubes like Rick will lap it up anyway.

This is the same fat bozo who was eating tacos after lifting because he needed the protein.

Yeah Rick, that little bit of fatty ground meat is gonna give you all the protein you need. He really does suck at everything.
Those "post lift tacos" were some of the grossest shit I've ever seen. It looked like boneless buffalo wings in a taco shell on top of some shake from the bottom of a salad bag.