This movie must be for faggots

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
I just wondered if Fox was covering their ass because they didn't like what he wanted to do, or he actually did go tits up crazy and they salvaged what they could.

I'm serious, if you can find some of those production photos of his ideas for the third act, I'd have killed to see that cut of his. Maybe it would have sucked, but it sure seemed different, and nowadays that's rare in science fiction.

Appreciate the insight though lad.
I heard he was often drunk on set and being as difficult as possible. He very clearly believed in his own vision and someone certainly did not agree but it's not uncommon to have disagreements between producers and directors. It is a major step to take a film away from a director like that though. He was in movie jail for a long time and I don't see many people clamoring to get him back up and running after that Capone dud he dropped either.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
I heard he was often drunk on set and being as difficult as possible. He very clearly believed in his own vision and someone certainly did not agree but it's not uncommon to have disagreements between producers and directors. It is a major step to take a film away from a director like that though. He was in movie jail for a long time and I don't see many people clamoring to get him back up and running after that Capone dud he dropped either.

That Capone was shit.

I'm really not a capeshit guy, but I am someone who's read old Fantastic Four because of the crazy art Jack Kirby would do. His work was amazing, and no one has come close to putting it on celluloid. That bothers me, because Ditko had a similar trippy style, and Scott Derrickson - both a horror and sci Fi guy - nailed it with that first Doctor Strange (not a good movie, but visually fascinating though).

Might have just been too much too soon. Been a lot of that lately, with guys like Josh Trank and Colin Trevorrow.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
That Capone was shit.

I'm really not a capeshit guy, but I am someone who's read old Fantastic Four because of the crazy art Jack Kirby would do. His work was amazing, and no one has come close to putting it on celluloid. That bothers me, because Ditko had a similar trippy style, and Scott Derrickson - both a horror and sci Fi guy - nailed it with that first Doctor Strange (not a good movie, but visually fascinating though).

Might have just been too much too soon. Been a lot of that lately, with guys like Josh Trank and Colin Trevorrow.
As a kid the FF was up there with the X-Men and Spider-man as my top three Marvel comics. I have little to no hope they will ever get a FF movie right though.

Totally agree about too much, too soon with so many of these young directors though. People are way too quick to jump on trends.