Things we like Thread

G

@McGowan6 Yourself? It's always been said that your a Brit.
Yeah, London born and bred. Left in 2010, sold my place there a few years ago. Never moving back. So different from what it was growing up there 90s/00s. I only asked cos of you mentioning skibba shabba. Saw them at Colosseum, Dingwalls and Camden Palais back in the day. Great times

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Not going to lie, I'm a little freaked out by birds.
The being said, I've heard that crows are very intelligent and may just try this soon.
I've been feeding different groups of crows for almost 20 years now lol. A bunch of other birds too, but crows are the best to feed and it's because their intelligence. After time they will stand there next you on or even hop on leg if they get really comfortable. There's always one in the group who is the bravest and will practically show the others you're not a threat. It's funny to see the others freaking out as the brave one gets close to you, almost like they're shouting "are you insane? He's gonna eat you!"

I don't care how much of a weirdo I look like when feeding crows because they're the only species of wild animal that seem to appreciate it. They even give fucking gifts man. Stupid shit like aluminum foil, but it's hilarious to see shit presented to you by another species.

Feed crows brotheman. It'll change your life. Hard shell peanuts all day, they seem to love to break into them. But they'll eat anything you're eating, including fruits.

They are never solo either, so when you're feeding them you're going to need to break the ice for at least 2 birds.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
My oldest, closest friend died in his sleep at 31. We grew up together from 7. He was the smartest, funniest person I've ever known.
Years have gone by and I still think about the last time I saw him. We were smoking a cigarette outside of a steakhouse. Three days later he was dead. I still still find myself thinking, I can't wait until Chris hears about this. I don't think I've let him go.
I'm a fag.
That must be such a painful thing to deal with, thanks for sharing what must be such a painful part of your life, i truly wish you all the best.

I know you like The Kinks a lot, this song always gives me strength, god bless.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Yeah, London born and bred. Left in 2010, sold my place there a few years ago. Never moving back. So different from what it was growing up there 90s/00s. I only asked cos of you mentioning skibba shabba. Saw them at Colosseum, Dingwalls and Camden Palais back in the day. Great times
I think the last one I went to was either at London Bridge or Stratford Rex. God's knows if it was Raindance, Moondance, etc. I was bang on the pills them days.

I met MC Bassman which was short lived. I was chewing my face off, and his mate told me to jog on.

Apart from that, them were some of the best days. Especially the bop home. Easing down with a beer and a spliff.

G

I think the last one I went to was either at London Bridge or Stratford Rex. God's knows if it was Raindance, Moondance, etc. I was bang on the pills them days.

I met MC Bassman which was short lived. I was chewing my face off, and his mate told me to jog on.

Apart from that, them were some of the best days. Especially the bop home. Easing down with a beer and a spliff.
One Nation maybe?

I mostly stayed clear of Es. That stupid Leah Betts story worked on me at the right age and I was scared I'd drown myself internally or whatever she did. Vodka red bulls and a nice punk bifta worked for me.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
One Nation maybe?

I mostly stayed clear of Es. That stupid Leah Betts story worked on me at the right age and I was scared I'd drown myself internally or whatever she did. Vodka red bulls and a nice punk bifta worked for me.
Yes! One Nation.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
One Nation maybe?

Did you ever go Mass in Brixton?

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Nah, I went to a couple of garage nights at Brixton Academy but never Mass
It was a good venue. But God forbid you weren't street wise. Or at least have some sort of poker face. The jacking of bods in there was ridiculous.

G

It was a good venue. But God forbid you weren't street wise. Or at least have some sort of poker face. The jacking of bods in there was ridiculous.
Yep. Especially for a middle class poof like me. Never got jacked though, not there at least. Tall, crew cut back then and a couple of actually hard mates. And I reckon if you grow up in London and actually go out regularly after age 13/14 you get street wise pretty quickly. You can always get unlucky and get stabbed by some nut but if you project a bit of confidence the jackals usually go for a weaker target.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Yep. Especially for a middle class poof like me. Never got jacked though, not there at least. Tall, crew cut back then and a couple of actually hard mates. And I reckon if you grow up in London and actually go out regularly after age 13/14 you get street wise pretty quickly. You can always get unlucky and get stabbed by some nut but if you project a bit of confidence the jackals usually go for a weaker target.
"Speak the wrong words man and you will get touched"

From a working class family myself. But like many. If your acting big time Charlie, someone will notice. Well done getting out London.

G

"Speak the wrong words man and you will get touched"

From a working class family myself. But like many. If your acting big time Charlie, someone will notice. Well done getting out London.
Are you the guy who dropped in on the podcast for like a minute and said you were London Irish?

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Are you the guy who dropped in on the podcast for like a minute and said you were London Irish?
Unfortunately, yes. I panicked.

I didn't think I would get on so quick. I was doing something. And all of a sudden I heard Dan "We have Zombie in the waiting room..." Fuck!

I'm glad I had my phone covered.

G

does it make you feel amazing that you could move to the US, be maybe a "5" in the looks/personality department, and just get any woman you want just because you talk that way?

british accent is the legit ultimate cheat code (in the US)
One doesn't like to blow one's own trumpet

G

It's difficult sometimes to appreciate the time we have with loved ones, we so easily take it for granted, it could be over in a second for all of us, let's all remind our loved ones how much they mean to us, or if they have moved on how much they still mean to us, god bless.

Every second of living we are granted truly is a gift, let's all try to fill it with as much love as we can.
Whenever I have near death experiences I think... damn, shoulda been kinder to people.