The Worst Simpsons Moments

HipTuckerCumia

hard drive full of CP media
The death of the show was "The Principal and The Pauper". I have given that episode several rewatches, with and without commentary, to try and see if my opinion changed.

It never does. It's fucking awful and, as Harry Shearer himself said, a slap in the face to anyone who respected those characters.
It's not even a particularly bad episode and didn't ruin the Simpsons in any way. I smash 'don't recommend me this channel' whenever youtube tries to show me those dramatic the day X died videos.

The decline in quality was gradual. By season 13 it's just uninspired unwatchable dreck. Very much like the later Futurama seasons.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
It's not even a particularly bad episode and didn't ruin the Simpsons in any way. I smash 'don't recommend me this channel' whenever youtube tries to show me those dramatic the day X died videos.

The decline in quality was gradual. By season 13 it's just uninspired unwatchable dreck. Very much like the later Futurama seasons.
It's a gradual decline from the New York episode (which was great) which I think was Conan O'Brien's last.

Someone here posted an interview with John Schwartzwelder and it was once he left (2002-03ish) it was finished.

G

Let's make it harder. Worst moments from the good seasons:

[MEDIA=youtube]u8GhJVdHgyE[/MEDIA]

Cheap tension. Sort of stuff the show would make fun of.

That's a really great episode. I feel like they just needed to pad it out another minute or two.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.

Agreed. I don't get the thing of wanting to pinpoint an exact moment when a tv show became bad. It's rarely ever that simple in reality. I still remember enjoying the Simpsons around 2000/01. Even though it was clearly past its best at that point, there were still some enjoyable episodes like the one where they went to Japan and I remember the episode St Mel starred in was very enjoyable too.

Anytime I've seen a clip of it on TV/JewTube over the past 20 years though, I've been horrified at how bad it is now. The animation looks so bad and overly polished, the characters don't seem the same at all and the wackiness is turned up to 11 at all times. I remember seeing the movie back when it came out and thinking the show was in desperate need of putting out of its misery. 15 fucking years later and it's still going. Kikes.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
I don’t know what the show even is supposed to be anymore

They ret con Homer and Marges past so much, for no reason, how are you supposed to care about anything
and homer was always an idiot, but they started making him such a jerk there's no way marge would still be putting up with him. It got the point where their relationship was just sad and they had dead serious plotline of her considering her leaving him.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I usually hate videos like these, but this fella has done probably the best breakdown of when the show fizzled away.

He's using the Hotline Miami soundtrack in the background which is wonderful. He also nailed it in the end around the 28:00 mark. Kinda puts a lump in my throat when he says "entertainment isn't meant to last forever, but is an extension of the people and places that made it at a particular moment in time."

If you consider yourself a fan of the Simpsons golden years, you should check it out.

G

I never thought the simpsons were funny, and figured all the other brothermen were either nuts or screwing with me.

Tried to get into season 3-4, bart goes to krusty the clown camp, etc. just found it dated. not to mention it's EROCK'S favorite show.
Southpark +kingof the hill in their prime completely shit on it

Stent

black suit and a smile
Kinda puts a lump in my throat when he says "entertainment isn't meant to last forever, but is an extension of the people and places that made it at a particular moment in time."
fans-outside-xm-radio-as-radio-personalities-gregg-opie-hughes-and-CG078Y.jpg

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
I usually hate videos like these, but this fella has done probably the best breakdown of when the show fizzled away.

He's using the Hotline Miami soundtrack in the background which is wonderful. He also nailed it in the end around the 28:00 mark. Kinda puts a lump in my throat when he says "entertainment isn't meant to last forever, but is an extension of the people and places that made it at a particular moment in time."

If you consider yourself a fan of the Simpsons golden years, you should check it out.

This guy did make a good point about how great the writing was; getting a half dozen gags within the small span of fifteen seconds or whatever. But he's such a potato nigger faggot that I despise him.