The Worst Simpsons Moments

G

Fuck you, Negerlander:

[MEDIA=youtube]kDOzOQDmMTA:77[/MEDIA]

ezgif-1-5026f08478.gif

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
You fuckers are going to get me started... I love seasons 3-8, consistent brilliancy, from the last several episodes of 3 all the way to the end of 8 (and the premiere of 9).

The death of the show was "The Principal and The Pauper". I have given that episode several rewatches, with and without commentary, to try and see if my opinion changed.

It never does. It's fucking awful and, as Harry Shearer himself said, a slap in the face to anyone who respected those characters.

I can't even watch it with the commentary anymore. It's Oakley and Weinstein, the two best show runners the series had; James Brooks, producer of the show and fear of God to everyone in that writers room; and distinctly lacking Matt Groening at the recording, because he vehemently HATED that episode (as well as the episode with The Critic, which he was also blackballed from appearing on commentary). They spend every moment of that commentary excusing the episodes entire existence, and roundabout kissing their own ass. I lost so much respect for them after hearing it the first time, and now it just makes me angry.

Sorry, Simpsons are dear to my heart. I can't watch it anymore, it's terrible and only gets worse. The show should have died after Frank Grimes did.

G

You fuckers are going to get me started... I love seasons 3-8, consistent brilliancy, from the last several episodes of 3 all the way to the end of 8 (and the premiere of 9).

The death of the show was "The Principal and The Pauper". I have given that episode several rewatches, with and without commentary, to try and see if my opinion changed.

It never does. It's fucking awful and, as Harry Shearer himself said, a slap in the face to anyone who respected those characters.

I can't even watch it with the commentary anymore. It's Oakley and Weinstein, the two best show runners the series had; James Brooks, producer of the show and fear of God to everyone in that writers room; and distinctly lacking Matt Groening at the recording, because he vehemently HATED that episode (as well as the episode with The Critic, which he was also blackballed from appearing on commentary). They spend every moment of that commentary excusing the episodes entire existence, and roundabout kissing their own ass. I lost so much respect for them after hearing it the first time, and now it just makes me angry.

Sorry, Simpsons are dear to my heart. I can't watch it anymore, it's terrible and only gets worse. The show should have died after Frank Grimes did.

UnPRePared is Erock confirmed!

That seems to be the one that made even the most die hard fans tap out. I don’t even know what audience they’re going for anymore.
It wasn't just bad. They'd already done a shitload of bad episodes, entire seasons of them. It was the way they just let retarded Lady Gaga run wild on them. No satire, no taking the piss, just Gaga with fucking superpowers, like she was some sort of god. Pure celebrity ass-smooching, something they never would have done in the past, not to that extent.

The Simpson's movie contains everything I hate about what the show became after it's golden period. And this comes from someone who's not a Erock type superfan, just somebody who appreciates good tv.

I mistakenly thought they would use the longer running time to flesh out a storyline that they felt unable to do justice to in a regular 23 minute episode and slow the pace down like the old 'classic' show.

Instead, we had shitty non sequitur 'jokes', overwritten, self-satisfied 'humour' and a stupid over the top storyline where the once charming and likeable characters play stupid parodies of themselves.

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words