The Shining

G

The sequel Doctor Sleep was surprisingly good but I went into it with very low expectations
Same. I liked it.

I fucking love The Shining. I saw it on TNT late at night when I was around 12 or 13. I wasn't aware that it was supposed to be horror, so I had no expectations for it. We had just watched Signs, and I thought it was kinda gay. My friend however, was so scared that he followed his mom everywhere she went for like 3 months. Shyamalan broke his brain. So he's already scared as fuck, and The Shining comes on. He hid under a blanket and cried during the whole movie, begging me to change the channel. I refused because his breakdown was hilarious, and the movie blew my gay little mind.

Raymond

You will never see my penis
The sequel Doctor Sleep was surprisingly good but I went into it with very low expectations
It was very good if you go by genre standards. And a good movie by any standards. I liked it a lot. Wish there were more horror movies that try to be actual movies.

Edit: Say "movie" more

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
It's mostly enjoyable for the performances and how well it's shot. You'd have to be a fag to actually find it scary.

G

Same. I liked it.

I fucking love The Shining. I saw it on TNT late at night when I was around 12 or 13. I wasn't aware that it was supposed to be horror, so I had no expectations for it. We had just watched Signs, and I thought it was kinda gay. My friend however, was so scared that he followed his mom everywhere she went for like 3 months. Shyamalan broke his brain. So he's already scared as fuck, and The Shining comes on. He hid under a blanket and cried during the whole movie, begging me to change the channel. I refused because his breakdown was hilarious, and the movie blew my gay little mind.
It's been however long since it came out that I saw Signs but wasn't it the beginning of the end of Shyamalan's twist gimmick? A race of aliens who are smart enough to master intergalactic travel but settle on a planet that's 70% covered in a substance that's fatal to them. Couldn't have sent a scout first?

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
A race of aliens who are smart enough to master intergalactic travel but settle on a planet that's 70% covered in a substance that's fatal to them. Couldn't have sent a scout first?

lol when you break it down like that, it is pretty retarded. I do really enjoy that movie though. The way it builds tension is great and Mel and Joaquin have vury good chemistry :brothaman_sm:

G

It's been however long since it came out that I saw Signs but wasn't it the beginning of the end of Shyamalan's twist gimmick? A race of aliens who are smart enough to master intergalactic travel but settle on a planet that's 70% covered in a substance that's fatal to them. Couldn't have sent a scout first?
That's the one. Plus, the whole baseball bat and glasses of water shit was so ham-handed and lame. Hard to fuck up a movie with Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix, but that wog did it.

Lots of human explorers didn't bother with scouts and died or killed other civilizations due to no immunity. I suspect if aliens did come they would either infect us or us them and that's it

SensibleKeks

Person and occupation

MV5BYWNlNTFiMDAtOWI5OC00YmVjLTlkMjgtZTg3NzM1MGUyM2E0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

G

Shamalamadingdong :brothaman_sm:

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
They are not aliens they are demons from the bible. Hence the main character being a preacher and the substance that beats the demons being holy water. Entire film has so much religious material thrown in your face about fate and God. You never see any alien ships or technology because there is none. They are just demons who are trying to take over earth.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
They are not aliens they are demons from the bible. Hence the main character being a preacher and the substance that beats the demons being holy water. Entire film has so much religious material thrown in your face about fate and God. You never see any alien ships or technology because there is none. They are just demons who are trying to take over earth.
Yeah the whole story he tells of the little girl being a miracle. Her sipping water once "blessed" it and it was all over the house.

But they still did abandon Earth altogether because regular water was killing them.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
Watched it for the first time. Im kind of a mouth breather when it comes to movies, like my favorite movie is John Wick. Was The Shining just a horror movie for its time? I thought it was pretty silly
check out the lifetime version of it, I really prefer that one.

G

I don't remember anything about holy water, just regular water. The crop circles and flying lights kind of said aliens to me but I like your Sopranos analyses so will concede this one.

Camel Clutch

Brotherman
Surprised for all the hate. I think its one of the best films ever made. The room 237 doc is the worst crackpot conspiracy peddling I've ever seen though.
the first part of that doc was interesting because they talk about the native american chants and props and why kubrick used that. it gets pretty stupid with the conspiracies after that.

G

I did some further reading on this, and now I feel like I need to watch the movie again. Besides the fact that Shyamalan confirmed it, I can't believe how obvious some of it is. I think I'm legitimately retarded.