The price of trucks

Troy Maclure

So easily forgotten…
OK what would you buy for 25K in 4x4, half ton or larger?
25k your probably looking at high mileage full size or a Tacoma/ranger

I got a half ton Ram 1500 used for about 18K, mileage was on the higher side but maintenance record was good and it was taken care of

It doesn’t have any extra features or fancy after market addons but it’s a good vehicle

Edit: it’s a 2015 which is on the older side of “fairly recent”

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
The amount of cool, otherwise reasonable working class friends that are 100% fine with paying $70k for a middle-trim truck is fucking mindboggling.

If ruralites did the honest math of excess insurance, fuel, maintenance and their truck payments they would realize that they are literally spending extra years in the wage-cage all because they don't want to drive a gay sedan.

Add the fact (not opinion) that the vast majority of truck owners have no need for a truck at all, let alone a 1/2 ton or larger..bizarre spending patterns from my fellow whites.

Legit think the big 3 could jump up MSRP's by another 20% and people would bitch but still buy. I love trucks too but holy fuck.

I got a half ton Ram 1500 used for about 18K, mileage was on the higher side but maintenance record was good and it was taken care of

It doesn’t have any extra features or fancy after market addons but it’s a good vehicle

Edit: it’s a 2015 which is on the older side of “fairly recent”
i'm sure it's a fine truck but that's a 10 year old Dodge we're talking about. How many more years is that going to be in commission realistically?

Transmission, suspension components, etc.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
I wish they still made those small trucks. Emissions laws totally killed those off. I dont need to tow anything, I just want a small truck for light duty as a second vehicle. You could drive them for 300k easy.

1705223461645.png

RoxburyRick

i'm sure it's a fine truck but that's a 10 year old Dodge we're talking about. How many more years is that going to be in commission realistically?

Transmission, suspension components, etc.
I looked at Rams when I bought mine. Well appointed and priced but FCA just takes the cheapest parts out of the bin. Couldn't trust it. If you could combine the Ram cab style with Ford materials and construction I'd like that. Ford also had the most "truck" like seating position. The Silverado felt like driving a van vurry disappointed.

I wish they still made those small trucks. Emissions laws totally killed those off. I dont need to tow anything, I just want a small truck for light duty as a second vehicle. You could drive them for 300k easy.

View attachment 176643
Also killed the Impreza. And the Civic. And any other small, simple cars that could be made fun for cheap. Fuck this gay earth.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

junkie idiot 😘

Thoughts? I'm a big fan of the 6.2. I know someone who put almost 400k miles on one before it went. I don't need a diesel. I despise the chrome shit, it will all be blacked out in a non-beaner way.
Looks gay. You should buy a Gucci Edition Fiat.

RoxburyRick

Thoughts? I'm a big fan of the 6.2. I know someone who put almost 400k miles on one before it went. I don't need a diesel. I despise the chrome shit, it will all be blacked out in a non-beaner way.
I'd drive it.

I WAS BLOCKED

YOU KNOW HOW TO BALL, I KNOW ARISTOTL.
1706503479372.png

I drive one of these mother fuckers with the American 6.2L. shit is great, comfy to haul ass in, drives off road like a dream and hauls the crotch goblins around and my six foot three ass has all the room up front.

View attachment 179614

I drive one of these mother fuckers with the American 6.2L. shit is great, comfy to haul ass in, drives off road like a dream and hauls the crotch goblins around and my six foot three ass has all the room up front.
The 6.2 raptor market has been completely fucking insane for several years. I love them. I don't work that hard but I work way too hard to piss money away like that, and the new ones are a cunt hair away from six figures.

If my post seems bitter it's because I'm bitter.

I WAS BLOCKED

YOU KNOW HOW TO BALL, I KNOW ARISTOTL.
The 6.2 raptor market has been completely fucking insane for several years. I love them. I don't work that hard but I work way too hard to piss money away like that, and the new ones are a cunt hair away from six figures.

If my post seems bitter it's because I'm bitter.
100% I got lucky because I'm in the industry of automotive and the dude selling it is a customer. I was able to trade some work to get that price lower than it should have been.

If you can find one that's affordable, buy it. They're the end of an era. The electronics in those trucks are super reliable while having modern features. The new Ratpors are fucking awesome but boy are they hunks of shit. Turbos going bad, electronics going bad.

2005-2015 are the best years for buying any car/truck. Anything older than that it's getting hard to find parts for. Anything newer than that they're all maintenance hungry and built super cheap.