The price of trucks

The amount of cool, otherwise reasonable working class friends that are 100% fine with paying $70k for a middle-trim truck is fucking mindboggling.

If ruralites did the honest math of excess insurance, fuel, maintenance and their truck payments they would realize that they are literally spending extra years in the wage-cage all because they don't want to drive a gay sedan.

Add the fact (not opinion) that the vast majority of truck owners have no need for a truck at all, let alone a 1/2 ton or larger..bizarre spending patterns from my fellow whites.

Legit think the big 3 could jump up MSRP's by another 20% and people would bitch but still buy. I love trucks too but holy fuck.

RoxburyRick

The key is to buy the right pickup and drive it for 250k miles. Don't buy the jacked up ones, they are cool but come on. Also don't buy what I'll call "the lawyers truck," ie a High Country or King Ranch. Your gonna get used to gizmos and faggy shit and you'll keep wanting to trade it in for a new one every other year. I bought a "highway puller," in this case an XLT with a few upgrades (bigger gas tank, chrome and towing packages, better speakers) and it's like it's a new truck after 7 years and 140,000 miles. I had it in the shop the other day, and it's the only thing I've really had to do, an 02 sensor I had been living with. Got in the sonofagun and it felt like when I picked it up at the dealer and it had 25 miles on it. I'll give it to my boy when he's old enough but until then I'm happy.

I'm also gonna defend to the death my 3.5 ecoboost bc I love that fucking motor. V8s are cool don't get me wrong but I love the torque of the 6 cylinder/twin turbo combo for pulling boats trailer etc. plus I put cold air intake on it and it sounds purdy.

Yeah but 3/4 ton or larger have a timeless look regardless of the era. I'd happily run a super duty gasser for 15-20 years.

1/2 tons all look dated and shitty after 6-7 years imo.

Of course if we're talking about real world practicality the Ridgeline would be the best selling truck in North America. But, look at one.

Unibody, naht a truck. And punt
ha yeah technically true but cmon.

It can fit full size plywood in the bed, is one of the best snow/ice vehicles that exist outside of FT (real) 4WD systems (subaru's, Audi's, etc), so many useful features, amazing road manners in general, better sound-deadening than some luxury cars I've driven, etc.

If it wasn't so horrible looking I'd own one. From a practical POV it's the best vehicle I've ever driven.

RoxburyRick

ha yeah technically true but cmon.

It can fit full size plywood in the bed, is one of the best snow/ice vehicles that exist outside of FT (real) 4WD systems (subaru's, Audi's, etc), so many useful features, amazing road manners in general, better sound-deadening than some luxury cars I've driven, etc.

If it wasn't so horrible looking I'd own one. From a practical POV it's the best vehicle I've ever driven.
It will always be a minivan with the rear roof chopped off.

One of the unsung assholes when it comes to truck prices is farmers. They get to write that shit off every year. Fucking fags driving $100k pickups begging for handouts, trying to pretend they are some Yellowstone character.

RoxburyRick

Growing up my uncle had a late 80s Chevy dually with 4 on the floor. He had these thick rubber mats on the floor so he let me spit my seeds on the way to baseball when he took me. Loved that truck. An injun stole it bc he left it running outside a small town bar, and ditched it in a river. That truck had SOVL

Where I live having a nice truck is a status symbol.

Here's mine:
1705123338846.png