The Jim Jefferies Apology Tour

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Bunch of faggot fucking comments. Of course appealing to the "muh parental trauma" would get all the fatherless zoomers coming out of the woodwork to buy his cheap, phony sympathy pandering. Also goes to show how short that "justice for women" shit goes when muh mentals, niggers, muslims, trannies, fags, and everyone else gets billing over them in the oppression olympics.

Sometimes I think I'm the only young guy on the planet with two functional parents.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Stupid me. Here's me assuming that other people also do things and have had experiences and stories to tell. Then, if they're funny, they might be able to spin that into an amusing tale. The odd embellishment or gag to punch it up if they're a performer of course, but basically a true story. Completely making a story like that up is psycho shit though.
Its definitely a nuanced thing. Like theres that big backlash against that dothead for making up some story about a kidnapping (or something like that) and I see it both ways. On one hand you have the Anthony Jeselniks where you know nothing in his act is the true story, then you have people like Bert Kreischer who tell blatantly fake stories as if they’re real, but they’re so bullshit you blame anyone dumb enough to believe them because its not a shock. Where it gets bad are these comedians where its not clear what is true and whats not, and when the lie of the story isn’t for comedic effect but sympathy or just a lie about something bigger.

G

Its definitely a nuanced thing. Like theres that big backlash against that dothead for making up some story about a kidnapping (or something like that) and I see it both ways. On one hand you have the Anthony Jeselniks where you know nothing in his act is the true story, then you have people like Bert Kreischer who tell blatantly fake stories as if they’re real, but they’re so bullshit you blame anyone dumb enough to believe them because its not a shock. Where it gets bad are these comedians where its not clear what is true and whats not, and when the lie of the story isn’t for comedic effect but sympathy or just a lie about something bigger.
Jeselnik is a gag man, like Jimmy Carr. It's obvious dumb jokes. We get it. Your grandfather was a holocaust survivor, but the punchline is he was SS and got away with it.

Kreisher is fat, and I've never seen his stand-up, so no comment.

I have (I'm sure) a (false) expectation that comedians who present a "this actually happened to me" bit to be telling me at least 60-70% truth. Not because I have faith in them. And yes, jokes work better in the first person. But mostly because if you go out with other guys once or twice a week trying to get laid, you're inevitably going to get a few funny stories out of it - guaranteed

RoTheHo69

PULL OVER DUMB CUNT
The one good line he had was threatening to cut out that broad's asshole with a noyf on da showww when he was all fawkin zooted. I knew him from that and then all of a sudden he was telling us not to make misogynist jokes...but I never really threatened (in jest or seriously) to cut a broads asshole with a noyf or whatever he said so I always found that a bit odd.

RoTheHo69

PULL OVER DUMB CUNT
Wasn't he some kind of opera singer that got molested or some shit? Why are all these comics victims of molestation?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Wasn't he some kind of opera singer that got molested or some shit? Why are all these comics victims of molestation?
Practically every O&A comic had some insane childhood or upbringing. Both Opie and Anthony had bizarre childhoods as well. And the ones who said that they had normal lives have to be lying. Rogan gives off the creepy "I was touched as a kid" vibe like a closet case for sure.