I'm sorry, who are you?
24627945126_d69d5f13ac_b.jpg

Nana's toupee looks better than that.

Nice shitty hair, stupid.
That was almost 100lbs ago

G

She/her 💥 Queer & trans
Screenshot_20210704-171040_Chrome.jpg

What’s your opinion of the genre today, and where do you see your work fitting into it?

I honestly think this is the most exciting moment there’s ever been to be working in this field. We talk about the mid-20th century as the Golden Age of science fiction, but it also laid down a lot of artificial limitations on what kinds of stories are allowed to be told, and how, and who’s allowed to tell them. We’re escaping those limits right now like never before. Science fiction, fantasy, and horror are coming out of their silos and forming a rich and contiguous whole; plot and prose conventions are less and less law; authors of color, disabled authors, women, queer and trans authors are leading the charge and publishing books that are just mind-blowingly good. As a queer trans woman I feel a lot more at home in today’s speculative fiction community than I would have even ten or twenty years ago, and I also feel like there’s more room than ever to do the kinds of things with my writing that I most love to do: to show love to well-worn tropes and demolish them at the same time, to mix genres, and to work with complicated emotion.

Easily_Remembered

It's not REALLY Ray Wilson
She/her 💥 Queer & trans
View attachment 317

What’s your opinion of the genre today, and where do you see your work fitting into it?

I honestly think this is the most exciting moment there’s ever been to be working in this field. We talk about the mid-20th century as the Golden Age of science fiction, but it also laid down a lot of artificial limitations on what kinds of stories are allowed to be told, and how, and who’s allowed to tell them. We’re escaping those limits right now like never before. Science fiction, fantasy, and horror are coming out of their silos and forming a rich and contiguous whole; plot and prose conventions are less and less law; authors of color, disabled authors, women, queer and trans authors are leading the charge and publishing books that are just mind-blowingly good. As a queer trans woman I feel a lot more at home in today’s speculative fiction community than I would have even ten or twenty years ago, and I also feel like there’s more room than ever to do the kinds of things with my writing that I most love to do: to show love to well-worn tropes and demolish them at the same time, to mix genres, and to work with complicated emotion.
"As a queer trans woman..."

So.... hetero with just extra steps? No wonder these fuckers are attracted to fantasy and horror. It aptly describes their lives.