• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The fake bits

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
stlaker Patti on Drugs and some/all of the Messing with K-Rock callers felt very fake.
Alright I will go back on my earlier “fake calls” thing. I am convinced the K-Rock callers and other shit like Leonard was fake. O&A would constantly hammer home how “YOU CANT DO FAWWWKIN PRANK CALLS ON THE RAQIOO ANYMOREEE!!!” yet would do prank calls themselves after that point. If you listen to enough of their phone calls, when they get someone like Marion on the phone, or when Di called the aftershow for the first time in 5 years, they’re VERY quick to get out to the person that they’re on the radio because, again, according to them, you have to do that.

The only reason I don’t buy the K-Rock thing is because I don’t understand their broadcast set up and the callers were retarded. So they were in SiriusXM and had access to the K-Rock phone lines? That they could just put over the air? How would they even do this? Also no one is that desperate to win concert tickets to whatever shitty show. They would hang up after a minute but the bit just goes on and on with the same callers.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Alright I will go back on my earlier “fake calls” thing. I am convinced the K-Rock callers and other shit like Leonard was fake. O&A would constantly hammer home how “YOU CANT DO FAWWWKIN PRANK CALLS ON THE RAQIOO ANYMOREEE!!!” yet would do prank calls themselves after that point. If you listen to enough of their phone calls, when they get someone like Marion on the phone, or when Di called the aftershow for the first time in 5 years, they’re VERY quick to get out to the person that they’re on the radio because, again, according to them, you have to do that.
They had the producers tell Leonard off the air he was going to be on the air. He thought he was being interviewed for the news at first. Did you hear them tell Kristen Bell she was going to be live and recorded? No. They just put her on air then dumped the call quickly as she was already given the legal notice by Roland in the back office. You couldn't call people on your own, and not tell them you were recording or broadcasting them. They had to know that they were on the air or being recorded and in most states consent to it as well.

Now if they called you, and didn't know it was a radio show or a talk show because they misdialed or whatever, it was a legal grey area. Hence why guys like Florentine had to move to another state to make Terrorizing Telemarketers. Because it was illegal in most states to record someone even if they cold called you. But some states allowed it and Florentine hired a lawyer to help him make his prank CDs. Guys like Don Shipley that call people up for stolen valor and post the videos are always getting legal threats from people and he even lost his youtube channel over losing a legal battle over recording someone without their consent.
The only reason I don’t buy the K-Rock thing is because I don’t understand their broadcast set up and the callers were retarded. So they were in SiriusXM and had access to the K-Rock phone lines? That they could just put over the air? How would they even do this? Also no one is that desperate to win concert tickets to whatever shitty show. They would hang up after a minute but the bit just goes on and on with the same callers.
People used to call their lines all of the time. The famous "Bill is dead" call. Stuff like "Donna wants to know" or "Suck cock for Krock" were all moments where people called them and they either recorded it or went straight to the air. Even the ones where Opie was messing with telemarketers as 'the psycho' were real. The stuff like "Bill is Dead" was probably highly illegal at the time and definitely is now.

When they had access to the Krock lines I think I remember that the XM studio was under construction. So they did their entire show from a side studio at Krock. But that side studio had the phone bank of the main studio cloned so they could pull calls before the main jocks got to them.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Barely any women listened to O&A, and half of them were mentally ill Patti types, yet we're supposed to believe tons of hot women on the street both recognized the poster and decided to take their tits out in public during the few seconds it takes a car to drive by. It was so fake I'm amazed they were never called out.

This is false and a comment indicative of someone who listened on satellite when they had no audience. When they were on FM radio they would have contests for women completely booked within a day. Same way you would have those hot little goth girls at Korn concents.

Nana Cumia

Forum Clout
Sex for Sam was mostly fake. It was theater of the mind. The 'contestants' would just call from outside somewhere random and say stuff like "yeah I nailed my girlfriend in the middle of a grocery store". They might go into an actual building but them fingering their girlfriends or getting blown was about as real as the War of the Worlds broadcast. The FCC didn't care and wanted every excuse to terminate them same with CBS being paranoid that O&A were getting too hard to control.

Obviously stuff like the infamous Bra Bombing were fake. Throwing of the chicken off of the roof was fake. The 100 Grand phonecall was obviously fake and done with someone from the back office. A few early O&A prank phone calls from WBAB era to WAAF were fake as well.

But the biggest fake bit? WOW. Whip 'em out Wednesdays. You think those callers talking about getting women to flash them were real? It was just stunt marketing to get O&A stickers plastered everywhere. Not a single WOW call was probably real. Not one. They also used to have fake callers early in the XM years talk about how awesome the service was because management forced them to take those calls. Howard had to take those same calls hilariously.

What are you going to say next that The Kingdom of Nakedness was fake too.

chocolatehellhole

You are not creative, nor destructive. I am both.
Forum Clout
Is your name Leonid Volkov? Are you out on bail? https://www.nbcboston.com/news/loca...-bodies-found-in-boston-storage-unit/3024245/
Screenshot 2023-05-31 7.15.32 AM.png

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
Forum Clout
This is false and a comment indicative of someone who listened on satellite when they had no audience. When they were on FM radio they would have contests for women completely booked within a day. Same way you would have those hot little goth girls at Korn concents.

100% truth. In the WNEW days attractive women were flashing often if you had the WOW sticker on your car. I don’t understand how people think this didn’t happen. I went to a few road shows in the WNEW era and they did have pigs like Mendi flashing her huge tits, but there were quite a few good looking twentysomethings taking their shirts off. Satellite era fans have no idea how huge O&A were on FM.

THE D

Forum Clout
I don’t understand how people think this didn’t happen.

They weren't there. These are the same people who keep replaying dogshit satellite bits over and over again because that's WHAT THEY'RE USED TO.

brian-regan-confused.gif

There is a reason why Howard wanted them out of the game, and made it so they had to sit at home when they got sacked. They were over.

Also, where do people think the girls came from when they did bits like "Making Girls Cry for WWF Tickets?" These women didn't show up with male listeners who dragged them there like the satellite days.

FM radio = everyone can stumble upon you.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
100% truth. In the WNEW days attractive women were flashing often if you had the WOW sticker on your car. I don’t understand how people think this didn’t happen. I went to a few road shows in the WNEW era and they did have pigs like Mendi flashing her huge tits, but there were quite a few good looking twentysomethings taking their shirts off. Satellite era fans have no idea how huge O&A were on FM.
I have ZERO doubt that at the O&A events during the FM era you had women flashing.

What I do doubt is that on any given Wednesday--even in the select cities where O&A were big (NY, Boston, Philly...i guess somewhat DC/somewhat Buffalo)--women were out flashing WOW stickers on a regular basis. Certainly not "flashing often" as you say. Shit, during Mardi Gras in New Orleans, women are barely flashing often once you're off Bourbon Street.

lowend73

Forum Clout
Guys like Don Shipley that call people up for stolen valor and post the videos are always getting legal threats from people and he even lost his youtube channel over losing a legal battle over recording someone without their consent.

His videos are a trip, and the route YT took will make sure there is no chance of having interesting shows. Mostly watch documentaries, but otherwise YT in milquetoast x 100. Reaction videos seem to be the norm

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
O&A army was fake. It was Dugout Doug and 4 other losers.
No way. The pests got multiple shows shut down. Jocktober took shows off of the air even. Some people had their careers basically ended by the pests or at least severely damaged. Part of the reason Stern was so adamant about the gag order on O&A was that he was paranoid about their listeners as much as them. When the pests harassed a radio show it was sometimes in the hundreds of people simultaneously calling to try to get on air. Homeless Shopping Spree's last year also had a crowd so large that the mall management called Sirius and the bit was ended forever for safety reasons. If they had done another one of those it probably would have resulted in a firing.

O&A fans were also just nuts. The comedians could not handle O&A themed crowds. It was one thing to show up to your gig and have it packed with O&A listeners. But Virus Shows were truly insane. That was another thing that lasted only a few years before literally every single comedian refused to do them and they had to end the bit. The fans had no patience for standup comedy and would just scream out at everyone. If you didn't get a laugh in the first nanosecond of your act you would be yelled at until you were dead. It made for hilarious moments like Burr's Philly rant though.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
No way. The pests got multiple shows shut down. Jocktober took shows off of the air even. Some people had their careers basically ended by the pests or at least severely damaged. Part of the reason Stern was so adamant about the gag order on O&A was that he was paranoid about their listeners as much as them. When the pests harassed a radio show it was sometimes in the hundreds of people simultaneously calling to try to get on air. Homeless Shopping Spree's last year also had a crowd so large that the mall management called Sirius and the bit was ended forever for safety reasons. If they had done another one of those it probably would have resulted in a firing.

O&A fans were also just nuts. The comedians could not handle O&A themed crowds. It was one thing to show up to your gig and have it packed with O&A listeners. But Virus Shows were truly insane. That was another thing that lasted only a few years before literally every single comedian refused to do them and they had to end the bit. The fans had no patience for standup comedy and would just scream out at everyone. If you didn't get a laugh in the first nanosecond of your act you would be yelled at until you were dead. It made for hilarious moments like Burr's Philly rant though.
One of the best non virus show examples of their animal fans. Makes me howl them yelling "do ya"!? To all the performers.

THE D

Forum Clout

O&A fans are right up there with the bloodthirsty ECW fans in Philly. I'm sure there was plenty of overlap, especially at that time. You could be entertained by the animalistic crowd reacting to a terrible bit/segment. It was like Woodstock 99 but with more shit-throwing and rape.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
One of the best non virus show examples of their animal fans. Makes me howl them yelling "do ya"!? To all the performers.

I really want to hear some of the funny parts, but the beginning is just the formerly-confident AntH smugly telling a boring story and I had to tap out after 10 secs... is there a part where the fans fuck with him?

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
I really want to hear some of the funny parts, but the beginning is just the formerly-confident AntH smugly telling a boring story and I had to tap out after 10 secs... is there a part where the fans fuck with him?
Just skip to when they start doing the car crash comedy. Wackbagette is fucking awful and the crowd boos and tells her to show her tits.