• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

stephen fry, jeremy clarkson

G

no it's suffused through the (broad anglosphere online) culture enough that I've heard of it over and over. There's got to be something there. It's on the check out down the road shelf
I'd say seasons 2 (Elizabeth I/Tudors) and 4 (WW1) are the best. Season 1 (Richard III and the transfer of the House of Plantagenets to Tudors) is the only one Ben Elton didn't write and it's kind of a Cambridge Footlights sketch show throughout. Season 3 is also good but of kind of an obscure historical period (the Regency.)

Stent

who loves ya, baby? you're beautiful
Forum Clout
Just remembered Will I Am (so clever) went on Top Gear many years ago and said he was going to be building cars in a South Central LA factory run by "his people". The car designs he showed were amateurish shit that would never in a million years make production but Jeremy Clarkson had to take him seriously and say it was all great because he's a giant faggot.

Last edited:

RobertMewler

Forum Clout
I'd say seasons 2 (Elizabeth I/Tudors) and 4 (WW1) are the best. Season 1 (Richard III and the transfer of the House of Plantagenets to Tudors) is the only one Ben Elton didn't write and it's kind of a Cambridge Footlights sketch show throughout. Season 3 is also good but of kind of an obscure historical period (the Regency.)
Agreed - watch season 2 first. The characters are great (the queen and Prince George especially) besides Blackadder and Baldric. The prince is played by Hugh Laurie from House. I think watch season 2 and then watch season 1 only because 1 is not as accessible to American humor.

G

Agreed - watch season 2 first. The characters are great (the queen and Prince George especially) besides Blackadder and Baldric. The prince is played by Hugh Laurie from House. I think watch season 2 and then watch season 1 only because 1 is not as accessible to American humor.
Season 1 is the only one that Ben Elton had nothing to do with. Seasons 2, 3 and 4 are Elton and Richard Curtis (4 Weddings, Notting Hill, Love Actually etc) writing them. Season 1 is written by Rowan Atkinson and Curtis and it's all very Cambridge Footlights "look how many clever academic/historic/Shakespearean gags we can cram in there" student sketch show vibes. 2,3 and 4 have that and more layered plots and more accessible jokes.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Get the fuck out of her! Its a lot funnier than most other pish thats been made since. Especially American “comedies”
Curb is the only American sitcom I have enjoyed so that's not a high bar. It's just very 80s in budget and look etc. The most famous scene in the ww1 series looks fucking dog shit