So So So So Did Joe lose the cruise or what?

At this point hasn't everyone in a 50 mile radius of the Moose, who has any interest in Joe's music, already seen him and/or one of his cosplay bands in the recent past? How many times can the same performer play the same music to the same people?
Of course. His first few Moose gigs no doubt drew some pity attendees, who Joe cornered and guilted into going, and maybe a few curious dolts. But that's history now. He's struggling to make back the rental fee, which is probably a few hundred bucks at most.

Can anyone go to the Moose Lodge? Or do you have to be in their moose club or whatever?

I guess what I'm saying is we should do a brotherman Moose Lodge takeover.
Get a fake mosh pit going, with everyone screaming "SLAYER" between songs. It'd be pretty funny...but not funny enough to justify driving to freaking Long Island.

Wa4892

I'm putting WAY too much thought into this but, I'm guessing one of two things happened.

First, Joe applied through some agency that hires for cruise ships. He passed the virtual 'audition', was told he was perfect and just what cruise ships want and the agency would have no problems getting him work. He took that to mean 'you're hired.' Sold off all his band/cosplay gear and let everyone know this was the next step in his illustrious career as a 'working musician.' Then the cruise line companies saw his audition and were collectively like 'WTF. The average age of cruise ship musicians is 25. Why does a 70 year old man even want to do this?' And every cruise line took a pass.

OR as I've said in other threads, Joe miraculously had a moment of clarity and realized this was a losing venture. His 'dry land' expenses would all still exist, so essentially his takeaway from sailing the high seas for 6 months would be being fed for free. In the end he would have LESS money than if he stayed on Long Island.

JebJoh

I'm putting WAY too much thought into this but, I'm guessing one of two things happened.

First, Joe applied through some agency that hires for cruise ships. He passed the virtual 'audition', was told he was perfect and just what cruise ships want and the agency would have no problems getting him work. He took that to mean 'you're hired.' Sold off all his band/cosplay gear and let everyone know this was the next step in his illustrious career as a 'working musician.' Then the cruise line companies saw his audition and were collectively like 'WTF. The average age of cruise ship musicians is 25. Why does a 70 year old man even want to do this?' And every cruise line took a pass.

OR as I've said in other threads, Joe miraculously had a moment of clarity and realized this was a losing venture. His 'dry land' expenses would all still exist, so essentially his takeaway from sailing the high seas for 6 months would be being fed for free. In the end he would have LESS money than if he stayed on Long Island.
He really doesn't seem to have any dry land expenses, his girlfriend is on some alimony or grandkid support plus they both probably took their SS early and everything else up until now has been cash from nana. Maybe car insurance or cell phone bills? But even for those I expect him to forget about and rant 5 months from now on twitter about how the biden administration expects him to pay his electric bill even though he was out working to feed his family.

He really doesn't seem to have any dry land expenses, his girlfriend is on some alimony or grandkid support plus they both probably took their SS early and everything else up until now has been cash from nana. Maybe car insurance or cell phone bills? But even for those I expect him to forget about and rant 5 months from now on twitter about how the biden administration expects him to pay his electric bill even though he was out working to feed his family.
No way in hell Joe is eligible for social security and if he is , not much. You have to report actual income for 10 years. Galaxy brain Joe has always found a way to work for cash and not pay taxes. So he has never paid much tax on his income and certainly not social security. Maybe he had someone deduct taxes from his paper route but he has had a legit job in decades. Social Security payouts are based oh your highest 35 YEARS of work. He is still under the retirement age so if he too SS at 62 he would be getting. The minimum payment from SS is $49.40 a month for 10 years work. The minimum for 30 years of work is $1,033.50. And that is if you work to age 67. If he is getting SS he isn't getting much. No SS, no pension, no savings. He has to play his plastic guitar for change until he drops dead.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
No way in hell Joe is eligible for social security and if he is , not much. You have to report actual income for 10 years. Galaxy brain Joe has always found a way to work for cash and not pay taxes. So he has never paid much tax on his income and certainly not social security. Maybe he had someone deduct taxes from his paper route but he has had a legit job in decades. Social Security payouts are based oh your highest 35 YEARS of work. He is still under the retirement age so if he too SS at 62 he would be getting. The minimum payment from SS is $49.40 a month for 10 years work. The minimum for 30 years of work is $1,033.50. And that is if you work to age 67. If he is getting SS he isn't getting much. No SS, no pension, no savings. He has to play his plastic guitar for change until he drops dead.
Grim

RoSmokedCrack

I was chest-bumped, alroight!
To retire Joe needs Nana to have another heart attack before his own health deteriorates to the point he can't prop himself up on a stool for loose change anymore.

"Must be nice to have money". I bet Missy is all over the will.

It would have been pure comedy gold though, I'll tell you that. Solo Joe, trapped on some creaky tub, seasick, homesick, and hungry...I seriously doubt he'd have lasted more than a few days. He would have bailed in Aruba or wherever and begged Nana for a plane ticket home, guaranteed. Then he'd start with the long-winded Facebook rants about the cruise line and how he was misled and etc. Oh, it would have been so much fun. There are only so many Moose Lodge jokes you can make, you know?