So i got the medical report

G

Dude I play poker with has had it for almost 5 years now. As far as I know he just can’t drink. He’s like 65 so fuck it.
There are different stages of cirrhosis. Eventually he could go into hepatic failure and die an extremely agonising death. Hopefully he caught it early and he's all good, but cirrhosis is no joke. Liver failure is one of the worst deaths I've ever seen somebody die from.

Midian9876

If you regularly go a day or two without drinking then you definitely won’t have a seizure if you stop. Even a 12 pack per day after work isn’t enough to make you physically addicted.
I was drinking 9 months straight a couple of years ago before getting popped for a DUI, which lead to probation and needing to be booze free for 6 months.

That week before I started I thought I’d have a seizure, so I tapered down a week, then went off booze for the 6 months. Outside of some anxiety at the start and having shits for about 2 weeks at the start, surprised how easy and painless it was. I suppose it’s different for everyone, but I kinda get the feeling your statement is more right than wrong. All the web articles on withdrawal scared the shit out of me probably longer into drinking and fucking my body up.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I was drinking 9 months straight a couple of years ago before getting popped for a DUI, which lead to probation and needing to be booze free for 6 months.

That week before I started I thought I’d have a seizure, so I tapered down a week, then went off booze for the 6 months. Outside of some anxiety at the start and having shits for about 2 weeks at the start, surprised how easy and painless it was. I suppose it’s different for everyone, but I kinda get the feeling your statement is more right than wrong. All the web articles on withdrawal scared the shit out of me probably longer into drinking and fucking my body up.
I’m pretty sure it’s impossible if you’re not drinking all day every day. Because every time you’re at .00 then there’s nothing in your system so either you have a seizure or you don’t. It’s like being wildly addicted to cigarettes. You wake up in the middle of the night and might need one or you have one first thing in the morning.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
There are different stages of cirrhosis. Eventually he could go into hepatic failure and die an extremely agonising death. Hopefully he caught it early and he's all good, but cirrhosis is no joke. Liver failure is one of the worst deaths I've ever seen somebody die from.
I’ve been listening to Loveline lately and Dr. Drew said the most painful way to kill yourself is by taking Tylenol because the three days where your liver shuts down is the worst pain in the entire world.

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
Jesus, I come here for a lawwf and end up thinking I'm about to die in a day or two.

I’m pretty sure it’s impossible if you’re not drinking all day every day. Because every time you’re at .00 then there’s nothing in your system so either you have a seizure or you don’t. It’s like being wildly addicted to cigarettes. You wake up in the middle of the night and might need one or you have one first thing in the morning.
It depends how heavy your drinking is. Seizures are also not the first thing that will happen, shaking and cold like symptoms will manifest first.

lowend73

never caught lackin
It takes 30 days for the liver to regenerate. So if you can quit for a month it's like a new game + because your tolerance is lower and you have a brand new liver. Although you will probably become physically dependent on alcohol again much more quickly. It works like heroin in that way.

You're not wrong brotherman

"The liver has a unique capacity among organs to regenerate itself after damage. A liver can regrow to a normal size even after up to 90% of it has been removed."

G

"The liver has a unique capacity among organs to regenerate itself after damage. A liver can regrow to a normal size even after up to 90% of it has been removed."

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/cells-maintain-repair-liver-identified#:~:text=The%20liver%20has%20a%20unique,beyond%20the%20point%20of%20repair.[/URL]
Screenshot_20240203-133104.png

AnthonyCumio

FEEDNANA
If you get an ultrasound that says "stochastic liver" it means you are early stage fatty liver, not cirrhosis. "Stochastic" means your liver is shiny in the ultrasound and is not normal, usually caused by being Bobby Kelly fat or drinking two to five units of alcohol per day.

That's totally curable, but you need to stop drinking.

Please don't ask me how I know this.

#FEEDNANA

G

If you get an ultrasound that says "stochastic liver" it means you are early stage fatty liver, not cirrhosis. "Stochastic" means your liver is shiny in the ultrasound and is not normal, usually caused by being Bobby Kelly fat or drinking two to five units of alcohol per day.

That's totally curable, but you need to stop drinking.

Please don't ask me how I know this.

[SIZE=26px]#FEEDNANA[/SIZE]
^ This ^

Because if that shit turns into liver fibrosis or cirrhosis, you're going to be in serious trouble.

And drink that green tea and eat your leafy greens. Take care of your body and it will take care of you.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323915[/URL]

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

You gotta pump those sink numbers up, funster.

Yes this is what I’m counting on. Need to get my liver diced up by a surgeon and hope there’s enough left to regrow and I don’t die. They told me I need 30-40% of it though, not 10%

Cptbaldopie

H
I’m afraid my drinking will catch up to me soon, I wouldn’t say I’m an alcoholic because I can have a couple but I can only drink so many before I don’t want anymore. Not like shit faced drunk level but “ok, I’m done for the night” or “alright, last beer”

I make sure to drink enough water to avoid getting hangovers (haven’t had one in years) but I’m worried if I stop all together (I drink often) I’ll have a seizure or something crazy.
Honestly talk to your doctor and say your afraid to go cold turkey they will probably do blood test to check your nutrition levels and offer you medication to keep the withdrawal away which is retarded because it just delays the withdrawal until your out of medication.

Cptbaldopie

If you regularly go a day or two without drinking then you definitely won’t have a seizure if you stop. Even a 12 pack per day after work isn’t enough to make you physically addicted.
I was on day 4 of no drinking and I wasn't going heavy. A beer while o made dinner 1 during and one after then off to bed. I had a couple days on the weekend where I was straight fucked up but that was mostly mushrooms.