Show that you like but nobody else will give chance

G

[MEDIA=youtube]G_FAFAOExjQ[/MEDIA]
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Who isn't giving seasons 1-3 a chance?

Season 4 and the alleged season 5 (I still refuse to search to even confirm its existence) would fit this category if you said yeah just give it a shot they're actually great, but I thought everyone knew seasons 1-3 were money in the banana stand

I know a handful of people who know about it and most either never gave it a fair shake or just never bothered, I only mention it because of how great it is and the lack of people irl I’ve come across that know about it.

G

I don't know how popular it was in Britain or whatever, but I can never get anyone to watch Garth Merenghis Dark Place. I get that English stuff isn't funny, but every once in a while they do something right.

It is such a perfectly funny send-up of so many things, from soap operas to actors who think they're more profound than they are to Stephen King. Six episodes of fucking perfection.

"I’m one of the only people you’ll meet who’s written more books than they’ve read." 🤣

G

this show started out pretty good but got so pretentious in the end.
I saw it the entirely opposite way. It started out with a "hey we're not allowed to talk about Clarice or Buffalo Bill so here's some made up shit with Hannibal and the least interesting character from the books. Also instead of following the actual stories, here's an artsy Scooby-Doo murder episode of the week."

Then later they went into the Hannibal novel without Clarice which was weird, and they didn't do anything good until they found out they were being canceled. They finally did Red Dragon after all that wait (and they did it on the timeline after Hannibal, wtf) and it was amazing but short as fuck.

The one thing they did on that show that was perfect was they had Margot Verger played by Katharine Isabelle, the girl who was Ginger in Ginger Snaps which is the most underrated werewolf movie of all time.

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
I did nab the DVD during my travels once, and actually liked it. But I think I enjoyed the uncensored and VERY bitter commentaries more.

Yes those are great, one good point for Kevin Smith is his commentaries were always enjoyable even if the movie wasn't.

On first listening of those commentaries, I thought Dave Mandel was Scott Mosier. It made more sense why he was such an arrogant asshole about ABC when I realized it wasn't just one of Smith's tagalong jersey guys. You earn that ego with a resume of Seinfeld, SNL, Simpsons

I've seen it. First episode is the shits, but the remaining 5 are gold. Still hold up.

True enough, didn't help the episodes were reordered. And un-aired until Adult Swim ran the entire series regularly years later, which was when they became a favorite of mine. I remember watching Tough Crowd and switching over later in the night

G

WWAWD The Critic? I enjoy more it after having seen more movies and getting the references.
It stinks!

I don't really feel like that one was underrated. Wasn't it on Fox? I don't think people necessarily aren't giving it a chance I just think we're getting to the point that there's a lot of references that people won't get if they were born after the '80s.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
It stinks!

I don't really feel like that one was underrated. Wasn't it on Fox? I don't think people necessarily aren't giving it a chance I just think we're getting to the point that there's a lot of references that people won't get if they were born after the '80s.
It was canceled wasn't it? I know it has a cult following though. It just hits different. I clap and cheer when he says "it stinks!".

G

“The Patriot” on Amazon Prime is good. Only 2 seasons so you can get through it pretty quick. Going into it you think you’re going to watch a spy thriller but it really becomes dark comedy. Very well written.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
Home Movies. Jon Katz and Tom Snyder made it after Dr. Katz. Too many people who like Bob's Burgers and Archer look at me with confused faces when I bring this up, even though it has H Jon Benjamin. Fucking absurd this world is.

img19.jpg
Great show. Coach Mcguirk is the man. I’ve tried to show it to a few people and no one ever gives a fuck. Faggots are concerned about animation and not content.

G

Great show. Coach Mcguirk is the man. I’ve tried to show it to a few people and no one ever gives a fuck. Faggots are concerned about animation and not content.
Home movies and space ghost used to be the entire lineup of adult swim when I was a kid lol.

There are four types of animated shows:
Poorly animated and poorly written
(Most animated content when we were kids)
Poorly animated and brilliantly written
(Home movies, Dr Katz, etc)
Beautifully animated and poorly written
(Recent Simpsons, Family Guy, etc)
Beautifully animated and brilliantly written
(Archer, Moral Orel, American Dad, Venture Brothers)

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Home movies and space ghost used to be the entire lineup of adult swim when I was a kid lol.

Modern Simpsons is not beautifully animated at all it's so lifeless and dead.

G

Modern Simpsons is not beautifully animated at all it's so lifeless and dead.
[MEDIA=youtube]nQcSAM7APYU[/MEDIA]
Yeah but in comparison to the first couple of seasons it's all sizzle and no steak. Do they even hand animate The Simpsons anymore or is it all CGI?

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES

Family Guy is fucking ugly imo.

Simpsons and Family Guy share a pathetic habit... sucking celebrity's asses. Whenever any famous person appears, the animators draw them to look attractive (or more normal than they look.)

And if the celebrity actually voices a character, forget about it. The staff will write anything to flatter them, and portray them as cool. Even as a child that shit had me fawking heating up with second hand embarrassment.