Sam's legendary work ethic

G

It really is astounding. Sam has no talent, no charisma, he's ugly, he has an annoying voice and an irritating personality and everything he's into is laughably gay. Yet he has an actual radio career AND he's married. It really does just defy belief.
He is testament to the fact that showing up and persistence beat talent and raw intelligence in most walks of life.

CutesyMissy

"... radio's most notorious shock jock."
He got a hard-on by hanging out with lesser people and playing psychology games with them. The thing is, for all his purported "intellect" and thinking he was above others, Sam was ultimately just a mid-wit in a house of retards. It's like in the show The Wire where the Sgt talks about egotistical detective Jimmy McNulty who thinks he's the smartest fuck in the room and the Sgt says "Let's face it, he's not signing up with Mensa, he's taking a job with the fucking Baltimore Police Department". That's exactly how I see Sam.
Yeah, but Landsman gave credit to Jimmy by saying "maybe he was the smartest fuck in the room".

Also Jimmy wasn't a bootlicker and companyman. He was willing to piss off his bosses to do what he thought was right. He was a rampant asshole and an egomaniac, but he always went above and beyond the call of duty to solve the cases.

What I'm saying is Sam is a kike with no principles willing to do anything to get ahead, except hard work. I'd put him in the category of Lt. (later superintendent) Rawls. A decent detective willing to eat enough ass to be promoted, no matter how much damage he was doing to the department.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Yeah, but Landsman gave credit to Jimmy by saying "maybe he was the smartest fuck in the room".

Also Jimmy wasn't a bootlicker and companyman. He was willing to piss off his bosses to do what he thought was right. He was a rampant asshole and an egomaniac, but he always went above and beyond the call of duty to solve the cases.

What I'm saying is Sam is a kike with no principles willing to do anything to get ahead, except hard work. I'd put him in the category of Lt. (later superintendent) Rawls. A decent detective willing to eat enough ass to be promoted, no matter how much damage he was doing to the department.
Still annoys me they shoehorned Rawls to be gay for seemingly no reason and no payoff. I guess because gay marriage debate was big at the time?

The actor who plays him seems like an absolute Chad. Working-class Philly, Football Scholarship to UPenn, Marine officer in Vietnam, and successful ad exec until getting into acting late in life.

Some of the old HBO shows got random people like that. Carlo in The Sopranos was a Marine in Vietnam and career NYPD cop and just started acting in that show. Having all the no-name actors made things feel more above all else...real

CutesyMissy

Still annoys me they shoehorned Rawls to be gay for seemingly no reason and no payoff. I guess because gay marriage debate was big at the time?

The actor who plays him seems like an absolute Chad. Working-class Philly, Football Scholarship to UPenn, Marine officer in Vietnam, and successful ad exec until getting into acting late in life.

Some of the old HBO shows got random people like that. Carlo in The Sopranos was a Marine in Vietnam and career NYPD cop and just started acting in that show. Having all the no-name actors made things feel more above all else...real
Dude, they didn't shoehorned it in.
It was mentioned twice, and he was seen in a gay bar once.

If it was in Netflix he would've been shoving pink dildos up his ass while briefing reporters.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
That's my defintion of shoehorning. Why did they bother showing him in a gay bar? What did that add?

Kima's character it made sense and was a part of her identity. Rawls it was just shoehorned -- I guess because he was traditionally masculine so they're going with the angle that people that act tough are secretly gay?

CutesyMissy

That's my defintion of shoehorning. Why did they bother showing him in a gay bar? What did that add?

Kima's character it made sense and was a part of her identity. Rawls it was just shoehorned -- I guess because he was traditionally masculine so they're going with the angle that people that act tough are secretly gay?
Nigger!

There are a lot of other characters on that show that make Rawls look like a fruity brat and are not fags.

Calm your insecurities, Nick Di Paolo.

Imager

Making fun of women is my bit

If it was in Netflix he would've been shoving pink dildos up his ass while briefing reporters.
I remember the gay bar scene, but in what other context was it mentioned? I watched The Wire twice and the gay bar reveal just seemed so out of place.

CutesyMissy

I remember the gay bar scene, but in what other context was it mentioned? I watched The Wire twice and the gay bar reveal just seemed so out of place.
In one scene it reads "Rawls sucks cock" in one of the bathroom walls of the P. D.

Also, the scene you see Bill Rawls at a gay bar was when Brother Mouzone sends his protégé hunting for Omar, that lasted 2 wapping frames.

Ladynyahh

He's big and fat, he's Patrick Tomlinson
Sam interned for Scorch and then went to da Opie and Anthony show where he proceeded to shit all over his mentor. Not PFG