Sam's legendary work ethic

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Listening to some of the old shows, it seems like Sam stuck out because he worked a staggering 8 hours a day. It doesn't sound like the others spent much time past when the bbbbboys were on the air.

In reality, they had a pretty big team at times

Pretty uninspiring crew and to Sam's credit, he seized the opportunity.

Last edited:

Wild

I love media!
He got a hard-on by hanging out with lesser people and playing psychology games with them. The thing is, for all his purported "intellect" and thinking he was above others, Sam was ultimately just a mid-wit in a house of retards. It's like in the show The Wire, where the Sgt talks about egotistical detective Jimmy McNulty who thinks he's the smartest fuck in the room and the Sgt says "Let's face it, he's not signing up with Mensa, he's taking a job with the fucking Baltimore Police Department". That's exactly how I see Sam.

Last edited:
Sam sucks, but I've never liked this "He played the game!" and "he manipulated people!" shit people do to bash him. He gave his bosses the (usually shitty) content they liked. he jumped at the chance to do more work for them when possible.

He was too mean to over sensitive retards on the ball-busting of shows? Boo hoo. He "jumped in his mentors grave!" and stole his slot? What was he supposed to do? Brothaman had long since deluded himself into thinking he was wrangling big money deals for his shitty Dadcast. It's effectively saying Norton pulled one over on both of the main hosts by "brilliantly" not antagonizing management until he was booted.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Sam sucks, but I've never liked this "He played the game!" and "he manipulated people!"
My main point of the thread is he worked a normal workday and it lead to the narrative he is an incredible worker. which he was, in comparison, because it seems no one was even working 40 hours a week at the show during many points.

Obviously I'm talking out of my ass, though, so who knows

Wild

I love media!
Sam sucks, but I've never liked this "He played the game!" and "he manipulated people!" shit people do to bash him. He gave his bosses the (usually shitty) content they liked. he jumped at the chance to do more work for them when possible.

He was too mean to over sensitive retards on the ball-busting of shows? Boo hoo. He "jumped in his mentors grave!" and stole his slot? What was he supposed to do? Brothaman had long since deluded himself into thinking he was wrangling big money deals for his shitty Dadcast. It's effectively saying Norton pulled one over on both of the main hosts by "brilliantly" not antagonizing management until he was booted.
"Manipulating people" is giving him way too much credit. I remember listening to the aftermath of the O&A "Unmasked" show when Sam was getting shit on for his dumpster introduction of the show and Denny completely just outclassed him by not taking his shitbait, despite Sam trying to turn the joke on him and giving half-assed armchair psychology snipes at Denny with shit like "I don't need to hide my misery by being confident" or something like that. I think the only person he really tricked was Pat Duffy and maybe some of the other who gives a fuck interns, but that was pretty much the extent of his prowess.

He did play the game, but the game consisted of just being the only candidate left, because he just stuck around for so long. It wasn't some extensive "Game of Thrones" back-stabbing manipulation to the top, it was just being a placeholder until everyone self-destructed and there was nobody else left to take the spot.

This guy managed to eek out longtime employment in front of a microphone and a camera having that voice and that face. Boggles the mind.
It really is astounding. Sam has no talent, no charisma, he's ugly, he has an annoying voice and an irritating personality and everything he's into is laughably gay. Yet he has an actual radio career AND he's married. It really does just defy belief.

WhereWeAt

My main point of the thread is he worked a normal workday and it lead to the narrative he is an incredible worker. which he was, in comparison, because it seems no one was even working 40 hours a week at the show during many points.

Obviously I'm talking out of my ass, though, so who knows

He was doing those shows on Hits 1 for free in order to stand out to management. Despicable company man, but yeah he was working.