Rutherford Rapist IPA

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
Made a new recipe with a pretty complex grain bill and an even more intricate hop scheduling.

Will be bottling it in 3 months after pressure fermentation and a secondary fermentation dry hopping SOP under atmospheric pressure with an inert gas blanket (most likely nitrogen but argon may be available too which is slightly superior due to molecular mass)

@Rutherford_b_Blaze raped his lesbian besty and I will prove it irrefutably.

Thank you for your time.

View attachment 134625
hve you made a thread about this before yet? as an alcoholic im super fascinated by brewing and distilling

chocolatehellhole

Make sure to smash that report button!
hve you made a thread about this before yet? as an alcoholic im super fascinated by brewing and distilling
No I have not. Happy to answer questions ^_^. It's not too difficult to get started, especially if you are using malt extracts instead of entirely grain and botanical additions. If you're interested, take the plunge and grab an extract kit from somewhere like Northern Brewer who caters to hobbyist brewers.

⚡⚡kikeslayer1488⚡⚡

هيئة الأمر بالمعروف والنهي عن المنكر
No I have not. Happy to answer questions ^_^. It's not too difficult to get started, especially if you are using malt extracts instead of entirely grain and botanical additions. If you're interested, take the plunge and grab an extract kit from somewhere like Northern Brewer who caters to hobbyist brewers.
How big is your facility? I'm envious, tbchwy. My setup consists of a bucket and two carboys. You're big dicking people with cyberbowling beer and I'm sitting here making cider like a dummy.

chocolatehellhole

How big is your facility?
Which one? :brothaman_sm: The flagship is 10,000+sqft
I'm sitting here making cider like a dummy.
This is my newest project actually, trying to create a fleet of unique ciders. There are so many orchards local to me with great fruit and making cider is extremely easily scalable. Requires nearly no effort since there's no brew process, but plenty of ways to make unique products via yeast selection, adjuncts, pressure vessels, temps etc. Looking for screwpresses at the moment so I can make trips to local orchards and farms to make a few hard ciders seasonally.

not that Jack Horner

not that Jack Horner

This is my newest project actually, trying to create a fleet of unique ciders. There are so many orchards local to me with great fruit and making cider is extremely easily scalable. Requires nearly no effort since there's no brew process, but plenty of ways to make unique products via yeast selection, adjuncts, pressure vessels, temps etc. Looking for screwpresses at the moment so I can make trips to local orchards and farms to make a few hard ciders seasonally.

you should make apple jack like wc fields in “the man on the flying trapeze” and name it Ambrose Wolfinger

⚡⚡kikeslayer1488⚡⚡

هيئة الأمر بالمعروف والنهي عن المنكر

Yeah, cider is really versatile and you have to work to fuck it up. Great for beginners. I've been playing with wild yeasts, recently, in case ww3 pops off. What's the highest %abv you're shooting for?

chocolatehellhole

What's the highest %abv you're shooting for?
For a cider? Depends on how much back-sweetening is needed or how dry it is. Too high and it becomes a little wine-like, which is not something I personally enjoy. Really depends on which fruit juice too, I've found something like black cherry cider needs to be lower in the 4-5% range while you can get away with a palatable, not too "ethanoly" bite at 7+% with the right apple or pear in my experience. Take my advice on cider with a grain of salt though, it's not my wheelhouse on a professional level (yet).