• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Robinson et al v. City of Milwaukee et al

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
I don’t think you’re even allowed to get mad at people who are supposed to work 8-5 but roll in every day around 8:15 / 8:20.
I can confirm this. I coasted through a bullshit PM job once and barely came in. I finally got fired when they laid off half the company.

To be fair, the company was shit and there was no way to effectively manage the 75 simultaneous projects they expected, so I just said "fuck it" and phoned it in for almost a year while barely doing any work.

Honey Badger

My father has no penis
Forum Clout
To be fair, the company was shit and there was no way to effectively manage the 75 simultaneous projects they expected, so I just said "fuck it" and phoned it in for almost a year while barely doing any work.
This hits too close to home. The PM department at my company is just me and another guy managing an absurd amount of accounts. I have a Jew boss who expects premium level service for every customer and an old-school CEO who hires just enough college grads to do grunt work for the company to not go under, but no more. Whether or not I go the extra mile or slack off almost doesn’t matter because all it takes is for one 22-year old fuck up to not do his job for my whole day to be torpedoed and I’m pretty much helpless to stop it

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
This hits too close to home. The PM department at my company is just me and another guy managing an absurd amount of accounts. I have a Jew boss who expects premium level service for every customer and an old-school CEO who hires just enough college grads to do grunt work for the company to not go under, but no more. Whether or not I go the extra mile or slack off almost doesn’t matter because all it takes is for one 22-year old fuck up to not do his job for my whole day to be torpedoed and I’m pretty much helpless to stop it
The company I was with was in the red every quarter and decided that PMs should handle EVERYTHING in lieu of actually hiring staff (not that they could afford it). How it worked was that the faggot BD would forward me emails from potential clients and then it was my job to meet with them, determine the scope of the project, estimate it (including getting RFQs from subs etc), draft a contact and send it to the client, and then follow up with the client to ensure they signed. This was all before we even had the job awarded, all while jobs we actually got contracts on needed to be managed. I used to have to do code checks, deal with permitting offices, coordinate with PEs for required engineering drawings/stamps, perform status updates, and do all the other shit that PMs actually do. I told them over and over that the work load was past unrealistic and into laughable, but they didn't care. Somehow they were bleeding resources and decided the PM department was the one to suffer. Their answer was "that's how we do things. PMs handle presale AND actual project management... x75. Now get back to work."

Fuck em. It still annoys me that they thought it was an acceptable solution. Fuck!

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
The company I was with was in the red every quarter and decided that PMs should handle EVERYTHING in lieu of actually hiring staff (not that they could afford it). How it worked was that the faggot BD would forward me emails from potential clients and then it was my job to meet with them, determine the scope of the project, estimate it (including getting RFQs from subs etc), draft a contact and send it to the client, and then follow up with the client to ensure they signed. This was all before we even had the job awarded, all while jobs we actually got contracts on needed to be managed. I used to have to do code checks, deal with permitting offices, coordinate with PEs for required engineering drawings/stamps, perform status updates, and do all the other shit that PMs actually do. I told them over and over that the work load was past unrealistic and into laughable, but they didn't care. Somehow they were bleeding resources and decided the PM department was the one to suffer. They're answer was "that's how we do things. PMs handle presale AND actual project management... x75. Now get back to work."

Fuck em. It still annoys me that they thought it was an acceptable solution. Fuck!

It’s the same everywhere now, fewer and fewer people are expected to do more and more work, it’s just musical chairs to pin it all on a fall guy before it implodes, which it will.

I can luckily pin everything on the offshore team, it is legitimately their fault though.

Honey Badger

My father has no penis
Forum Clout
The company I was with was in the red every quarter and decided that PMs should handle EVERYTHING in lieu of actually hiring staff (not that they could afford it). How it worked was that the faggot BD would forward me emails from potential clients and then it was my job to meet with them, determine the scope of the project, estimate it (including getting RFQs from subs etc), draft a contact and send it to the client, and then follow up with the client to ensure they signed. This was all before we even had the job awarded, all while jobs we actually got contracts on needed to be managed. I used to have to do code checks, deal with permitting offices, coordinate with PEs for required engineering drawings/stamps, perform status updates, and do all the other shit that PMs actually do. I told them over and over that the work load was past unrealistic and into laughable, but they didn't care. Somehow they were bleeding resources and decided the PM department was the one to suffer. Their answer was "that's how we do things. PMs handle presale AND actual project management... x75. Now get back to work."

Lol did they not have a sales or biz dev department? That’s ridiculous.

I feel like every company has that one department that absorbs 80% of the work and you drew the short straw.

Last edited:

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout

I feel like every company has that one department that absorbs 80% of the work and you free the short straw.

The funny thing is that department doing all the work is also the one who gets slandered and blamed the most, too.

The departments doing nothing but causing problems, just coast on endlessly. They’re usually the dregs, the fat retards, women, blacks etc that staff them, so they get free reign. They also can’t recognise this and also beleive they are the 80% department we’re talking about.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
We had BDs but they didn't do anything. Clients would email my BD asking for a quote, and he would literally just forward the email to me and make commission off of it without doing anything. That's how management structured our process map. Sometimes I'd call the BD at like 10a if I had a question for him and I could tell I just woke him up. That's frustrating enough, but when you tell middle management about this and they look at you like "yeah, and? What's the problem?"

They had a massive turn over right before I started where the entire PM department quit all together. Like 6 people decided to all quit together at once and management didn't see that as a red flag. Like I said, I basically stopped doing any work and it took 6 months to get fired, and it was though sweeping layoffs, not job performance. Fuck em.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
We had BDs but they didn't do anything. Clients would email my BD asking for a quote, and he would literally just forward the email to me and make commission off of it without doing anything. That's how management structured our process map. Sometimes I'd call the BD at like 10a if I had a question for him and I could tell I just woke him up. That's frustrating enough, but when you tell middle management about this and they look at you like "yeah, and? What's the problem?"

They had a massive turn over right before I started where the entire PM department quit all together. Like 6 people decided to all quit together at once and management didn't see that as a red flag. Like I said, I basically stopped doing any work and it took 6 months to get fired, and it was though sweeping layoffs, not job performance. Fuck em.

I still don’t know what “consultants” do other than being part of a ritual to have mass lay offs and take some of the heat off management. That’s literally their entire function right?

I’ve asked many what specifically they do and still don’t know.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
I still don’t know what “consultants” do other than being part of a ritual to have mass lay offs and take some of the heat off management. That’s literally their entire function right?

I’ve asked many what specifically they do and still don’t know.
I worked as a consultant for my trade and it's pretty close. Management would be in over their head - usually a guy who worked in a very niche department and thought he could start his own business without having a clue about how the industry is structured as a whole - and contract me to do a full process mapping, equipment assessment, key role strategies, etc. Usually the employees that I'd advise cutting loose had become lazy from little oversight and there was just no walking them back from that edge - they'd already lost respect for the organization. Those guys have got to go - there's nothing else you can do for them. They'll bitch about refining the process, saying that's not how the company does things while, in the same breath, saying the company sucks. Sorry, but you gotta go then. Sometimes you can do that in stages starting with the loudest, most egregious faggots in the hopes that it'll be a come-to-Jesus moment for the rest, but sometimes you really need to clean house and start fresh.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
I worked as a consultant for my trade and it's pretty close. Management would be in over their head - usually a guy who worked in a very niche department and thought he could start his own business without having a clue about how the industry is structured as a whole - and contract me to do a full process mapping, equipment assessment, key role strategies, etc. Usually the employees that I'd advise cutting loose had become lazy from little oversight and there was just no walking them back from that edge - they'd already lost respect for the organization. Those guys have got to go - there's nothing else you can do for them. They'll bitch about refining the process, saying that's not how the company does things while, in the same breath, saying the company sucks. Sorry, but you gotta go then. Sometimes you can do that in stages starting with the loudest, most egregious faggots in the hopes that it'll be a come-to-Jesus moment for the rest, but sometimes you really need to clean house and start fresh.

Our division manager has been on “mental health” leave for over a year, and is a spineless fat faggot whenever he is here. There’s full work floors of people doing less than nothing with no consequences since they’ve realised nobody has the authority to punish them.

We need someone to come in and clear house, they’re doing it wrong and just promoting somebody but you can’t flip the switch and go from an equal to a superior and crack the whip.

Mike Glyer

Rick is Persona Non Grata on File 770
Forum Clout
Our division manager has been on “mental health” leave for over a year, and is a spineless fat faggot whenever he is here. There’s full work floors of people doing less than nothing with no consequences since they’ve realised nobody has the authority to punish them.

We need someone to come in and clear house, they’re doing it wrong and just promoting somebody but you can’t flip the switch and go from an equal to a superior and crack the whip.
Drugs severed your soul's connection to G*d.

@666

Forum Clout
Divison manager breathing down my neck with reports of the HR manager and the PM being all "Did you finish that assignment yet?" IT work in corporate building with the coffee machine being broken and I type on computer and corporate giving me paycheck to wear suit and troubleshoot computer. I get paycheck on 15th and 1st and pay rent and I own a condo and I want to start a family and have no kids. Corporate PM blah blah. Just kill yourself.

kingship75

My huge-cocked pal stole my wife and PUPPIES!
Forum Clout
What do you suppose would happen if you walked in tomorrow and gave them your two weeks notice?