RIP Ray Liotta

The Arm

Fire stalk with me.
Liotta was born in New Jersey and abandoned at an orphanage before being adopted at six months. “At first, I didn’t understand how a parent could give up a child,” he said to People magazine. “So I had that kind of energy of just being like, that’s fucked up. And then when I finally met my birth mom in my forties, by then, I wasn’t as angry about it. It’s just another journey.”

G

I should watch that again.

I saw Red Dragon (2002) for the first time recently after having slept on it for a while and I really enjoyed it. I liked the psychological element as other than analysing Patrick I don't have much of that as an engaging distraction. It was nice to think about the formative experiences of a less monstrous character in the form of Francis Dolarhyde.
The book of Red Dragon is great too. Really goes deep into Dolarhyde's childhood and years in the army.

The book of Red Dragon is great too. Really goes deep into Dolarhyde's childhood and years in the army.

I read it ages and ages ago. Maybe even 20 years ago. Long ago enough that I'd forgotten most of it and was able to really enjoyed the movie.

I should probably read Stephen King's The Stand, because I loved that mini-series so much. There are some ideas that are good enough to warrant a book and a movie.

Moonraker springs to mind. That book really focuses on the psychology of the villain Hugo Drax and is totally different to the beyond-ridiculous movie. Great book. Terrible movie.

I actually think instead of making a Bond movie where he is a black, trans lesbian - as is invevitable - they should make a retro Bond. Make Moonraker the movie based on the actual book, taking place in the 1950s when people had genuine concerns about Nazis bouncing back and setting off a nuclear bomb in London.

I'm rambling. But I do like that idea of a retro-Bond.

G

I read it ages and ages ago. Maybe even 20 years ago. Long ago enough that I'd forgotten most of it and was able to really enjoyed the movie.

I should probably read Stephen King's The Stand, because I loved that mini-series so much. There are some ideas that are good enough to warrant a book and a movie.

Moonraker springs to mind. That book really focuses on the psychology of the villain Hugo Drax and is totally different to the beyond-ridiculous movie. Great book. Terrible movie.

I actually think instead of making a Bond movie where he is a black, trans lesbian - as is invevitable - they should make a retro Bond. Make Moonraker the movie based on the actual book, taking place in the 1950s when people had genuine concerns about Nazis bouncing back and setting off a nuclear bomb in London.

I'm rambling. But I do like that idea of a retro-Bond.
Only Bonds I ever read were Dr No and Live and Let Die. Both hilariously racist. I can't remember which one it was (DN, I think) where he talks about "Chingros" - Chinese/Negro mulattos and "the ugliest people alive" apparently. LALD he describes "the rubber lipped and insolently strutting" natives. And Fleming wrote all the books at his house Goldeneye in Jamaica lol

Only Bonds I ever read were Dr No and Live and Let Die. Both hilariously racist. I can't remember which one it was (DN, I think) where he talks about "Chingros" - Chinese/Negro mulattos and "the ugliest people alive" apparently. LALD he describes "the rubber lipped and insolently strutting" natives. And Fleming wrote all the books at his house Goldeneye in Jamaica lol

Goldfinger is pretty good. Bond cures a lesbian by fucking her. And there is a bizarrely long passage about the villain looking for the most evil people on Earth before discovering Korea.

(That's where Odd Job comes from)