• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Rick is getting cuntier and cuntier

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Forum Clout
I’ve never been happier to have no idea what “threads” is. I think it’s the Instagram Twitter clone but I’m not sure, I can’t wait till the next big social media thing comes out and I for real have no idea what it is.
There is never going to be a twitter clone. As far as I can tell in tech once a specific product or software reaches critical mass, you can't replicate it. Tik tok didn't replace youtube its a different service. Sure it's a clone of vine, but despite even brojoe using vine , it never quite took off.

Facebook wasn't a clone of MySpace they were founded a few months apart. Has there ever been a successful clone in the same space? Instagram didn't really do it. There was no picture only social media platform.

The closest I can think of is reddit copying digg. And dig was pretty huge. Limewire replacing Napster as the p2p service would fit i think, but Napster didn't really get replaced they got forcibly shut down.

The whole point of this faggoty software retrospective is that in my opinion whatever "replaces" twitter won't be a clone. It would be something new entirely and then twitter just dies like digg and MySpace did.

Someone please correct me if you have an example.

G

There is never going to be a twitter clone. As far as I can tell in tech once a specific product or software reaches critical mass, you can't replicate it. Tik tok didn't replace youtube its a different service. Sure it's a clone of vine, but despite even brojoe using vine , it never quite took off.

Facebook wasn't a clone of MySpace they were founded a few months apart. Has there ever been a successful clone in the same space? Instagram didn't really do it. There was no picture only social media platform.

The closest I can think of is reddit copying digg. And dig was pretty huge. Limewire replacing Napster as the p2p service would fit i think, but Napster didn't really get replaced they got forcibly shut down.

The whole point of this faggoty software retrospective is that in my opinion whatever "replaces" twitter won't be a clone. It would be something new entirely and then twitter just dies like digg and MySpace did.

I don't understand how or why apps take off.
To me, it seemed like once Facebook opened to the public (not just kids with college email addresses), social media apps started popping up everywhere but they all seemed like concepts taken from Facebook.

Twitter: hey, why post your status there? Post it here.
Insta: why post your photos there? Post em here.
YouTube: don't post videos there. This is better.
Pinterest: Don't follow your favorite brands there. Follow them here.
Tumblr: stop scrolling there. Scroll here.

Now instead of one centralized place to waste time and be a faggot, you have TEN!

I never understood it.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
Whatever happens, The Pig will stay on Twitter / X until the very end, like a fat chamber orchestra member on the titanic. He literally has nothing else.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout

What ever happened to periscope? That looked like it was getting hot and then you don't hear of it anymore. Wasn't that the platform we got the biting incident on?

Last edited:

Torque’sHeadBump

Forum Clout
What ever happened to periscope? That looked like it was getting hot and then you don't hear if it anymore. Wasn't that the platform we got the biting incident on?
1708303368072.jpeg

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout

Nanaimg replaced imgur.

I don’t know how social public media is still a thing though, there is no upside at all to making your private life public. I understand the benefits if you need it to make a living but for regular Joe’s, keep that shit private.

G

The anonymous / website contact form messages truly demonstrate how far social media has destroyed people's moral values (critical thinking has always been in short supply). This chick has zero interest in Pat, politely or rudely, explaining he didn't send that; she gets to post "ew what a creep" instead.

Anyone remember Pat complaining about how a recipient of a website contact form message put him on blast on Twitter and her tweet got thousands upon thousands of likes and supportive comments? And how even after carefully explaining to the lady that it wasn't him, she refused to "correct the record" or even delete the tweet because it had gotten so much traction? I think there's a lesson to be gleaned here...

But believe it or not, this screenshot is another rare example of me agreeing with Pat. This person is either (A) stupid, or (B) would post this as "content" regardless of whether or not they believe Pat actually sent it, or -- most likely of all -- (C) both. For Pat, replying "you're an idiot" and then leaving it alone is really the best he can do in this scenario (since he's incapable of just ignoring it entirely).

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Forum Clout

Google replaced Ask Jeeves

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
The anonymous / website contact form messages truly demonstrate how far social media has destroyed people's moral values (critical thinking has always been in short supply). This chick has zero interest in Pat, politely or rudely, explaining he didn't send that; she gets to post "ew what a creep" instead.

Anyone remember Pat complaining about how a recipient of a website contact form message put him on blast on Twitter and her tweet got thousands upon thousands of likes and supportive comments? And how even after carefully explaining to the lady that it wasn't him, she refused to "correct the record" or even delete the tweet because it had gotten so much traction? I think there's a lesson to be gleaned here...

But believe it or not, this screenshot is another rare example of me agreeing with Pat. This person is either (A) stupid, or (B) would post this as "content" regardless of whether or not they believe Pat actually sent it, or -- most likely of all -- (C) both. For Pat, replying "you're an idiot" and then leaving it alone is really the best he can do in this scenario (since he's incapable of just ignoring it entirely).

I personally think Pat is really sending these messages out himself

Torque’sHeadBump

Forum Clout

Agree with the Pig or not, it’s exactly the treatment he deserves because he is incapable of being even remotely considerate, understanding, or friendly to people