Re-watched The Lord of the Rings

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Amazon is fucking terrible. Everyone likes to make fun of Netflix, but Amazon has only made like 6 shows in its entire history because no one cares about anything but free shipping.
They made like 50 shows and 100s of movies. Their LOTR garbage show is $58million.....PER EPISODE. I doubt that there are enough Prime subscribers to even pay for one show let alone this LOTR filth. When you factor in the free shipping this company must be so CIA controlled it is ridiculous. They cannot be making any money as a company.

They made like 50 shows and 100s of movies. Their LOTR garbage show is $58million.....PER EPISODE. I doubt that there are enough Prime subscribers to even pay for one show let alone this LOTR filth. When you factor in the free shipping this company must be so CIA controlled it is ridiculous. They cannot be making any money as a company.
Yeah they are broke as joe Cumia

G

They also paid 1.5 billion just for the rights. Plus 58 million per episode for 8 episodes total, that's almost 2 billion dollars, WTF! They want to make 5 seasons.

I have no faith whatsoever seeing how they butchered the Wheel of Time so badly.

G

They also paid 1.5 billion just for the rights. Plus 58 million per episode for 8 episodes total, that's almost 2 billion dollars, WTF! They want to make 5 seasons.

I have no faith whatsoever seeing how they butchered the Wheel of Time so badly.
What they did to the Wheel of Time is what persuaded me not to even bother with this shit. God awful acting, complete butchering of the story, and of course every other character is a dyke or a fag.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!

Amazon has produced 120 films. Netflix passed 1,500 this July.

Also:

CIA long relied exclusively on Amazon for its cloud computing

Amazon awarded secret $10B NSA cloud computing contract: report

G

What they did to the Wheel of Time is what persuaded me not to even bother with this shit. God awful acting, complete butchering of the story, and of course every other character is a dyke or a fag.

Every show or movie based on other source material nowadays has no respect for the source. American shows have to put niggers into everything. Don’t they realise not everyone in the world is as obessed with niggers and identity politics as they are? It’s depressing.

G

I haven’t seen them in years but I’ve been meaning to rewatch them. When I was a kid I hateeed the ending of the first one. Just thought it was gay and cheesy. I’m glad your my friend sam, and then it ended. I was 8 and thought it was gay so I imagine most adults couldn’t have loved it that much. The rest of the the movie I liked. Second one was my favorite. For the third movie I remember thinking it ended like 5 different times, I kept standing up thinking the credits were gonna hit but another scene would start. So I remember I wasn’t thrilled with how dragged out the ending felt it but I also could have been completely wrong and was just being an impatient little shithead 10 year old.

Overall I thought they were cool.

Stent

swatchsticker
The new Amazon series can't afford to bomb so every review will be paid for in advance. It's going to be shit and utterly indifferent to the source material.

It reminds me of how Asimov's Foundation books were supposed to be impossible to film. So a studio recently made it into a tv series and completely rewrote the entire thing so it's unrecognizable in the first episode.

G

The new Amazon series can't afford to bomb so every review will be paid for in advance. It's going to be shit and utterly indifferent to the source material.

It reminds me of how Asimov's Foundation books were supposed to be impossible to film. So a studio recently made it into a tv series and completely rewrote the entire thing so it's unrecognizable in the first episode.

Who the fuck do these writers and showrunners think they are to give their own (interpretation) of the source material that is loved by millions of people for a reason. Why do these cunts think they can improve and do it better. Bunch of cunts. Same with the Wheel of Time.

Stent

swatchsticker
Who the fuck do these writers and showrunners think they are to give their own (interpretation) of the source material that is loved by millions of people for a reason. Why do these cunts think they can improve and do it better. Bunch of cunts. Same with the Wheel of Time.
Then they have a media campaign to blame the fans for being haters. Youtube taking away the downvote numbers on trailers doesn't stop their shows from being garbage.

G

Then they have a media campaign to blame the fans for being haters. Youtube taking away the downvote numbers on trailers doesn't stop their shows from being garbage.

The balls on these motherfuckers, if you don't like what they're doing you're automatically a white supremacist nazi. Fuck 'em!

G

Don't like this beautiful black dwarven queen? You're a nazi! Don't like black hobbits? You're a nazi!

1660869299166.png

They’re all still great.

Calling them overrated is fucking retarded and too-cool-for-the-room posturing.

Those who complain about what they left out would complain about each movie being 5 hours long if everything was put in. They were right to leave out Bombadil as much as I love that interlude and the mystery around him: Who is he? Is he Eru? A manifestation of the spirit of Arda? Is he Tolkien himself, a way for the author to comment on the tale. Whatever he is, he exists almost outside the main narrative and would interrupt the flow of a movie.

The books were considered unfilmable forever. Taking that into account along with the technical achievements and overcoming the bias against fantasy, you have to give Jackson and company a lot of credit, Mikey!

Just watch the gay midgets and elves and enjoy it.

Just don’t get a tattoo on your fat arm.

They were right to leave out Bombadil as much as I love that interlude and the mystery around him: Who is he? Is he Eru? A manifestation of the spirit of Arda? Is he Tolkien himself, a way for the author to comment on the tale. Whatever he is, he exists almost outside the main narrative and would interrupt the flow of a movie.

I think Tolkien wouldn't even have included Tom Bombadil if he knew what kind of story he would ultimately be telling. When he started writing Fellowship, his publisher wanted another book in the style of The Hobbit, which is a children's book. That's why the first half of Fellowship is more whimsical and episodic in nature (structured to be read one chapter at a time for your kid's bedtime), and I doubt Tolkien put any more thought into Tom Bombadil than he did the fox who has an internal dialogue. He's just a children's fairytale character, just like Smaug was originally just a classic dragon, and not a part of the more intricate universe Tolkien developed later on.