Re-watched The Lord of the Rings

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
Helms deep is the best
Naw, its no. There’s supposed to be two battles there. Fucking pissed me off about those movies, the cool shit they could have put in and the dumb shit they did. You had this shit with Gimli discovering the Glittering Caves where the Rohan hide during war then him and Legolas pledging to return there and to Fangorn after the war.
There’s a whole story of the reason Denethor went mental is because Gandalf brought a young Aragorn to Gondor under another name, he grew renowned and the people loved him more than Denethor, Denethor decides to use the long hidden and dormant Palantir where he gets Saurons version of Fox News telling him he’s going to be getting a shitload of Orc Immigrants.
What we do get is fucking Liv Tylers Arwen jammed in for fucking half an hour when she has fucking three lines of dialogue in the whole trilogy

Guinness525

Whispers of Greatness
Alright sure, I’ll be a faggot for a second. I still really love Fellowship. I avoid watching it so I don’t get tired of it. The first hour or so when they’re being hunted by the riders is so thrilling to watch. I even love the gay wizard fight with the awkward close-ups because the soundtrack just elevates it. And Christopher Lee’s voice was made for this series.

The other two movies are just as great but the action gets a little retarded for my liking (e.g. Orlando Bloom killing the giant elephant thing). I hate the comic relief characters and the in-your-face humor, but I get why it’s there. I love how grimy and organic some of the visuals are, like in that orc birthing scene or especially the Gollum transformation scene. That shit creeps me the fuck out, and it was kind of ballsy to start the final film with that, considering these are basically kids’ movies. You can tell Peter Jackson worked his balls off in every aspect of production.

Well-made faggot nerd shit.

Last edited:
Alright sure, I’ll be a faggot for a second. I still really love Fellowship. I avoid watching it so I don’t get tired of it. The first hour or so when they’re being hunted by the riders is so thrilling to watch. I even love the gay wizard fight with the awkward close-ups because the soundtrack just elevates it. And Christopher Lee’s voice was made for this series.

The other two movies are just as great but the action gets a little retarded for my liking (e.g. Orlando Bloom killing the giant elephant thing). I hate the comic relief characters and the in-your-face humor, but I get why it’s there. I love how grimy and organic some of the visuals are, like in that orc birthing scene or the Gollum transformation. You can tell Peter Jackson worked his balls off in every aspect of production and I can respect that.

Well-made faggot nerd shit.

To me the biggest flaw in the movies is that they made the hobbits too strong. They're brave in the books, but they're not warriors who mow down enemy soldiers like it's no big deal, like they do in the movies. The whole point of having these smalled 'handicapped' heroes is to show how courageous they are despite not being able to fight, and that isn't in the movies at all. It also makes the enemy seem weak.

The problem these days with watching any of these movies is having 3-4 hours free to watch the whole thing. Then if I do get time, while I'm watching I'll probly lose interest since my attention span is terrible. Watched the 3rd movie all hopped up on Mushrooms back when I was a yout and it was amazing.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
I saw the first one in the theater with my friends when I was a kid and thought it ruled. It was also the first DVD I ever had because my dad bought a nice home theater system and someone told him that the sound was awesome in it. I never saw another LOTR movie and remember nothing about the first one other than I really liked it.

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
Most overrated movies of all time. Anyone who has read the books knows that the movies are pathetic adaptations. Peter Jackson is a mindless Hollywood action director with no talent.
If they had any brains at all it should be a TV show. There’s enough material in the Silmaralion to do five to six seasons at least.
As it is we’ll get the amazon shit with Gandalf the black announcing thatbthe Numenoreans are colonisers

If they had any brains at all it should be a TV show. There’s enough material in the Silmaralion to do five to six seasons at least.
As it is we’ll get the amazon shit with Gandalf the black announcing thatbthe Numenoreans are colonisers

I read the show isn't even based on the Silmarillion. They only have the rights to the appendices from the Lord of the Rings books. Might be for the best, as at least they can't turn Silmarillion into a digital capeshit action fest now.

Naw, its no. There’s supposed to be two battles there. Fucking pissed me off about those movies, the cool shit they could have put in and the dumb shit they did. You had this shit with Gimli discovering the Glittering Caves where the Rohan hide during war then him and Legolas pledging to return there and to Fangorn after the war.
There’s a whole story of the reason Denethor went mental is because Gandalf brought a young Aragorn to Gondor under another name, he grew renowned and the people loved him more than Denethor, Denethor decides to use the long hidden and dormant Palantir where he gets Saurons version of Fox News telling him he’s going to be getting a shitload of Orc Immigrants.
What we do get is fucking Liv Tylers Arwen jammed in for fucking half an hour when she has fucking three lines of dialogue in the whole trilogy
Geek