Question for Non-Radio/Americans Funsters?

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
I'm George Liquor, American.
~2012 is when I started getting Youtube recommendations after I went through all the Tough Crowd and Patrice clips I could find, probably had listened to a few JREs that mentioned the show. I listened to a few of the then-current shows uploaded, soon after found VideO&A. "Racist Happy Days" and Ant's Dice variations are what fully hooked me.

eggfeller

Franklin Delano Child
can’t remember how i got into doug stanhope but i remember purchasing individual tracks off his specials on itunes as early as 2006 when i was in 6th grade. from there i got into louis, finding clips of him on o&a around 2008. i didn’t start listening to full o&a shows until i found the full patrice/louis torrent compilations around 2012. it was all downhill from there

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
My brother was all fawkin in with da show and he said "want to hear a funny clip" and it was the Kevin Smith Pooh PSA. Then he played me the Norton roast and hooked me up with that SpreadtheO&Avirus website which I'm sure doesn't exist anymore. Then I was allllllll fawkin in and we would listen to shows together all the time. This was probably 2003 or 2004 but I'm not 100% sure.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
My father had a cassette of Demented World that we would listen to in his car. It's bizarre to me now how funny my father found that shit considering he was in his 40s.
Funny how management at the time were obsessed with making O&A sound like teenagers all throughout their early years. "Late 20s, why?". Yet they basically dominated listeners aged 30-50. Demented World was meant to appeal to 18-24-year-olds when it was released but ended up being massively popular despite almost zero promotion.

Demented World sold at least 50,000 copies in the US and half of those came from Boston and New England. O&A were paid a grand total of zero dollars and were scammed out of the money. And the guy whose label it came out on basically gave their share to some veteran's charity to avoid taxes. I would not be surprised if it sold more than double as the guy who never paid O&A for it probably didn't give them accurate sales figures either. I would not be shocked if over 100,000 copies were actually sold in the U.S. at least.

They also released a radio edited or safe version of Demented World for radio stations to promote it that was printed at 1,000 copies that is likely very rare to find now even though hundreds of radio stations got it for free. The label called Restaurant Records also released two more compilations of WAAF jocks including O&A called "Royal Flush" and "Usual Suspects" which featured various radio prank calls and bits.

O&A wanted to make another CD but remembered how much of a pain it was and didn't bother to do it again.

Peckas

Helping those 8 to 80
I got into them from jimmy’s first book I was a Howard guy from when he came on here out on the west coast I was like 12 and I saw it in the newspaper I didn’t know who he was really but even at that age I liked edgy humor started listening in the morning and didn’t stop until after Artie Stabbed himself and the show became unlistenable without a comic and howard “evolving”
I was at the Barnes and noble perusing books like a queer around 2008 and saw the worms book ended up buying it he mentions the boys in it who I had heard of before due to radio wars and message boards plus the sex for Sam deal so I started listening to some clips and that was it I had a new show.

Been listening since I was fawkin' 18, sniff.
I think the first clip I saw was the Tucker Max interview in 2006, where he exposed himself as a high pitched voice liar. I thought it was funny because I had a wigger friend who idolized him, the guy even travelled half way across the country to Toronto for the Canadian premiere of his dumb movie, as well as a meet and greet.

I started listening to clips probably in '06-'07 on youtube, when you could only upload 10 minute clips. I think it was around '08 or '09 when youtube let people upload longer videos, and I'd just listen to that days show after work while fucking around on the computer or whatever. That was during the era of Intern David. I was a consistent listener until Patrice died. I was barely listening by the time Anthony got fired, but after I he did is when I started lurking on the subreddit, and that became the new show.

2Shirts1Egg2

Shoulda kept his mouth shut. LIKE A MUTE!!!
YT replays were a big one, I live in Scotland and have never spoken to a single person who knew who O&A were without me showing them clips. I was at uni in 2007 and this vid randomly came up in the feed and I just never stopped listening. At that point the full replays weren't as prevalent and I'd mainly just look for clips of them talking about shit I'd heard about. By 2009 I was able to catch a full replay from several channels by the evening time the same day, nothing ever got taken down back then. Sometimes you had to wait til the next day but i'd really only have it on 2-3 nights a week.

LingerLonger

You had Sirius and XM? Or after the merger?
Howard was on terrestrial still when O&A went to XM. It would be another year before he got to Sirius. But the first week of O&A shows on XM was when Howard announced his move to Sirius. Howard reported had a ranting fit to his manager when it was revealed that O&A had signed to XM because it meant he had no leverage with XM anymore, meant that O&A would be another 'first' before Howard, and meant that he would have to compete with them.

If you read about Howard signing with Sirius he broke so many laws it is hilarious. But when you are a jew you can avoid going to jail.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Howard was on terrestrial still when O&A went to XM. It would be another year before he got to Sirius. But the first week of O&A shows on XM was when Howard announced his move to Sirius. Howard reported had a ranting fit to his manager when it was revealed that O&A had signed to XM because it meant he had no leverage with XM anymore, meant that O&A would be another 'first' before Howard, and meant that he would have to compete with them.

If you read about Howard signing with Sirius he broke so many laws it is hilarious. But when you are a jew you can avoid going to jail.
It was weird to ride out the rest of his contract ranting against his company and advertising for “eh eh eh” but they could say satellite. I wonder how much Tom C despises Howard.

who's O&A?

Only joking, I was well aquainted with UK radio which is totally different; almost no swearing & almost entirely structured. I heard one clip where they just seemed to be talking amongst themselves about random stuff & using 'bad' words - it was pre-podcasting & seemed revolutionary!
I kept watching clips on youtube & started hearing decent American comics.

Monk

A pro wrestling news site I used to read regularly posted a clip of Chris Jericho getting pissed at Jimmy for making fun of Christopher Reeves. Patrice was also in studio when that happened and I was a huge fan of Tough Crowd, especially when Patrice was on. I started watching Foundry Music clips and noticed a lot of my favorite comics from Tough Crowd were on O&A a lot(Colin, Patrice, DiPaolo, Giraldo.) Shortly after that, I started going on Paltalk regularly and was hooked. I probably would have been a fan a lot earlier if I had known those comics were on O&A so much. I used to scroll past the O&A channel all the time when I had DirectTV.

LingerLonger

A pro wrestling news site I used to read regularly posted a clip of Chris Jericho getting pissed at Jimmy for making fun of Christopher Reeves.
Third annual blink off.

Still probably one of the best joke attacks on a guest ever. Even though it was unintentional. Jericho's mother was in a car accident when he was a kid, and lost her legs, and eventually died wheelchair bound. Norton didn't know that and just plowed ahead with his joke despite being told not to. Jericho was big into paralysis related charities and funding people who needed expensive wheelchairs. So when Norton started bashing Christopher Reeve and refused to stop it was great because everyone was oblivious to why Jericho was so disgusted and offended.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Third annual blink off.

Still probably one of the best joke attacks on a guest ever. Even though it was unintentional. Jericho's mother was in a car accident when he was a kid, and lost her legs, and eventually died wheelchair bound. Norton didn't know that and just plowed ahead with his joke despite being told not to. Jericho was big into paralysis related charities and funding people who needed expensive wheelchairs. So when Norton started bashing Christopher Reeve and refused to stop it was great because everyone was oblivious to why Jericho was so disgusted and offended.
Never knew that. I always thought it was just a bizarre overreaction. I mean still pretty crazy to tweak out on a radio show like that but at least there’s a reason.