Question for Non-Radio/Americans Funsters?

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I’m an American zoomer who was way too young for O&A when I found them. I no joke think I was 11 or 12. The first thing I watched was a recommended VideO&A of them reacting to the Irish Anti-Speeding PSA. I couldn’t even guess that they were on the radio because they were cursing and being offensive and my only experience up to that point was hacky local zoo radio. Then over the next 2 years I dabbled in and out figuring out who’s voice was who’s, who and what they were, etc. Then after Ant was fired I found the subreddit and all is history.

Missy's Mangled Handster

BBJ Lover
Oh i’m a fucking idiot you said non Americans.
Non Americans don't matter. I too was way past radio prime. I knew standup from comedy central so I had heard all the cellar comedians individually but didn't know they had a gay ass table

I also encountered OnA through Newgrounds animations, I legit thought it was retarded someone would animate a white guy and black talking about race. Not even joking I was certain Anthony was black. Turns out that faggot was Cokelogic

I think I found the show when Patrice died, I was all in wit da Elephant in the Room. I listened to a bunch of clips and wondered why Jim Norton (who I remember Norm owning at the Saget roast) was in so many clips

Then I read the Wikipedia. Another funny story, the only regular who I literally never heard of was Vos.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
I also am American who will ignore your question to blather about myself. I too was a tad young to be listening to it. I had them on in the background not ever really committing them to memory until late 99 I started liking them because they were just unapologetically stupid.

I was ALL IN when the station went with Opie's vision. Fired all the music jocks and went ALL TALK. Brought in Ron & Fez. It was a fantastic couple years. Them getting fired in 2002 and R&F eulogizing them actually made go lay down in bed and feel depressed as a little dumbass kid. Lol

I was still a kid when they came back on XM, didn't really care to pirate the show until Howard got so fucking terrible somewhere in 2009 around the Tiger Woods scandal took me back as a full time listener and I've since gone back to listen to 2004-2009 and it was a lot of hack and internet viral shit that doesn't hold up.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
OP's title is retardedly formatted so all Americans hereby have my permission to answer.

I was at a friend's birthday in 2014 when we were in high school. This kid about to be shipped off to the Marines had sucked down like 4 joints and was telling me about how Ant from "Opie and Anthony" got fired to tweeting shit about a nigger. I wasn't sure what he was talking about.

I played a lot of GTA 4 and EFLC around that time too. I enjoyed the fuck out of them and would read about them online a fair bit. There's a biker in both Niko and Johnny's story named Jason Michaels and I thought he had a funny squealy voice so I looked up this "Bill Burr" guy who voiced him. I came across some skit and it made me go haha so I kept looking up Burr clips on Youtube.

Like an absolute rube faggot I would sometimes play the Monday Morning Podcast (I should be killed) and one time Burr brought up how fucking funny he found Anthony... the irony. He was laughing his ass off about how he'd give a deadpan "ohh boy..." when it came to emotional shit like Mr. Two Bad Knees's speech.

Being a colossal faggot, I liked some of those grifter Skeptic videos in the mid 10s that were the first vocal beacon against PC bullshit. This replay was linked in the suggested, and I knew Burr endorsed it, then the rest was history. I listened to a few hundred of them over the next couple years, particularly when driving to college, and, while I was upset that it was over before I even knew about it, I joined da sub right around when Ant made the Greggshells video. Things seemed positive... Then uh, everything else happened.

A clip came up on YouTube recommended is how I found it. Other than Howard Stern very little American radio made a impact over here and thats only when he was interviewing a big name and they said or did something outrageous I think he did a show here for a bit on TV in the 90s I remember seeing him somewhere anyway.

Podcasts obviously changed that

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
I bought an XM MyFi in 2008-09 and was randomly passing through some of the channels when it landed on 202. They were talking to Mike Rowe and I hung on and listened. I had also just heard Jim on a local AM station down here (South Florida) doing a phoner and thought he was moderately funny so that piqued my interest in checking out O&A. Hung around and learned about Paltalk and started checking out da show from there as well.

I have Bill Burr to thank (?) for showing me the way : it was a clip about him reading the book by the CIA operative and being dismissive of Anthony playing devil's advocate in favor of US foreign policy. What really won me over was when Bill admitted he was a moron and said his belief in conspiracies fell through because he didn't have a long enough attention span, citing as an example Eisenhower's farewell speech and him struggling to realize how it was so groundbreaking.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
My father had a cassette of Demented World that we would listen to in his car. It's bizarre to me now how funny my father found that shit considering he was in his 40s. But it was Boston in the late 90s and O&A were a big deal. He exclusively listened to WAAF and I still like most of the music they played. I remember the mayor prank well and I remember how outraged my grandmother was. Rediscovered them right after the WNEW firing when my brother found their bits online.