Pretty cool, huh?

Stent

sorry, jelly. find your peanut butter
:image_9250:: "No, security guard child. I am allowed to sit here in the dark for hours. Why am I here with a computer? I am looking for inspiration for my hardcore mil-spec space novel. No, I am not sounding like a fat creepy weirdo."

cbd85ed3dcbbfba98209f8101e720d0c.jpg

Paul Weimer was instantly interested in an exhibit that attracts children and is poorly lit.

The Milwaukee Public Museum is doing a survey for their future rebuild. Be respectful of the museum, awlroight?!

We want your input on the Future Museum!​

Milwaukee Public Museum and its exhibit design partners at Thinc Design have launched a survey to gather community feedback about visitor preferences for the Future Museum. Questions will request input on various exhibit topics and themes, preferred events and opportunities to engage, and insight into what visitors like you find most valuable in a museum experience.

The input of our community has been a key component through the first phases of the Future Museum design process, with focus groups and thousands of individuals providing their input and guidance. For this next phase of design, we are seeking even more input from people all around Wisconsin. The results of this survey will influence how we bring ideas to life as we design the interior of the building and its exhibits.

The survey is now open to the public and will capture feedback through Friday, October 14.

The public phase of fundraising efforts for the Future Museum kicked off in July 2022 after MPM had already raised nearly $110 million toward its creation. In conjunction with the campaign kickoff, architect partners at Ennead Architects and Kahler Slater unveiled renderings of the Future Museum building.

Groundbreaking is slated for late 2023, with Mortenson and ALLCON overseeing construction, and the Museum is due to open in 2026. The Milwaukee Public Museum’s current home will remain open until the new space is finished.

c0f01200bb92349cfc65326bf7667ca8.jpg

You decided to take your kids out to the museum because they've shown an interest in dinosaurs. You walk around but instead of being able to enjoy the exhibit you're blockaded by an arrogant blob, gut and side fat spilling out over his jeans with his screen brightness set to 100, feigning disgust that you and your loud kids would be interrupting his train of thought while he's trying to "work". You wanted to take a photo of your kids with the dinosaur to show their grandparents, and wait patiently for the fat man to finish taking a picture of his computer screen!?!? but alas he never moves. As you begrudgingly head to the next area you catch the flash of his camera go off again but in your kids direction. As you turn to face him he clumsily fumbles his phone back into his pocket, his sweaty face washed blank with the humiliation of being caught. He mutters something about a sci fi project. Did he say child? You shake your head and just walk away, you don't want to start an argument in front of your kids. As you move on to the wooly mammoth exhibit you recall the pigs head from The Lord of the Flies but fail to place what it said to Simon during his seizure. No, matter. You exit through the gift shop and buy your kids a souvenir oversized pencil.