• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

PG comedies that are actually funny (like napoleon dynamite)

I thought about A Fish Called Wanda too, but I figured they probably say "fuck" a few times. Trading Places has iconic tits in it, so I don't know where your head was on that one.

I remember the tits, believe me. But it was artistically justified.

Besides, I don't believe in sexualising the female body. :whistle:

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
I guess Gremlins 2 doesn't count since it's PG-13 which is surprising to me.
There's some decently brootal monster gore in that movie. But knowing ratings, it's probably got more to do with the handful of veiled sex gags. That one quick shot of the hot ginger rubbing her leg across Zach Galligans cawk was more unforgivable than 50 microwaved and papershredded gremlins.

G

Fletch
The Burbs
Uncle Buck
Shit, my family used to rent The Burbs and Uncle Buck all the time from Blockbuster. Fucking John Candy classic was one of the first DVDs I ever bought despite the complete lack of special features. Never seen Fletch guess I’ll have to check it out.

When I got older I realized that it was pretty obvious that test audiences must have flinched at Tom Hanks being portrayed as a bigot even though it was just a fucking film so they changed the ending.

Especially strange since the weird family seems so similar to child predators that you’d think Hollywood would seem them as antiheros like the SFWA does. But it’s also a xenophobic seeming film so I guess that was the issue.

I liked the part where UB hits the kid on the head with a golf ball. That’s it. That’s what I wanted to say.

If you liked Napoleon dynamite you'd probably like Gentlemen Broncos

That's such a great movie. I'm surprised they didn't make more like that - retro, low-fi sci-fi comedies.

A bit like how the Golden Child (PFG 13) is a really great fantasy comedy, but there are very few others (The Last Dragon, Big Trouble in Little China are the only others I can think of)

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
We all watched this as a kid (unless you're a boomer)...

14612253_0.jpg

The run up Michael Caine takes when he's caning Freddie's supposedly dead legs always makes me laugh. So many funny moments in that movie

The best part is Steve Martin's reaction. "Did you feel anything that time?"

He tries to make this face: :unsure: when clearly his character is in total agony.

I'd put that up their with Jerry Lewis's acting in The Nutty Professor when he's singing, but slipping in and out of his Buddy Love persona. I was never really a Jerry Lewis fan but that movie is definitely worth checking out.

He was also great in The King of Comedy, which Dan should really check out sometime.