Pacino and De Niro's last good performances

Jim-sucks-shit

*ALL FUTURE COURT DATES ARE VACATED*
I've told this story before but I met De Niro once. I was with some friends in Vegas. We were at the monte carlo and I'm just on some random slots machine. Up walks Robert De Niro and a bunch of stupid suits. I felt like I had to say something. How often do you meet someone that famous?

So I go up to him and I say "hey I really enjoyed My Cousin Vinny" he stares at me for what felt like 30 fucking minutes, with just a confused stupid de Niro face and he says "ok?" and I just walked away. Of course now I know that he wasn't even in that fucking movie. Me and my buddies had a good laff.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
DeNiro stinks, never understood what was so special about the guy, at least a guy like Joe Pesci is entertaining, De Niro just has that same dumb look on his face in every movie.
Last post made me realize he really hasn't done any good movies since the 90's. He really did just get lucky with the Godfather and Taxi Driver which got him roles in good movies even if he gave a shit performance.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt

CeMcux4UIAAnbOc.jpg

Truly embarrassing.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
As much as The Irishman sucked, I didn't think Pacino was bad in it. Now if we want to talk the last actual good movie he was in, probably Insomnia.

I thought De Niro was alright in Joker, but that was a small role.
Not sure if Joker counts since he was just playing the Jerry Lewis role from King of Comedy which is a much better movie. Majority of people I knew that loved Joker had never seen or heard of King of Comedy. Once they watched it they didn’t think Joker was that great anymore.

Cuphead

Not sure if Joker counts since he was just playing the Jerry Lewis role from King of Comedy which is a much better movie. Majority of people I knew that loved Joker had never seen or heard of King of Comedy. Once they watched it they didn’t think Joker was that great anymore.
I thought Joker was good mainly because of Phoenix's performance, but it's hard to deny that it ripped off a lot of stuff from Taxi Driver and King of Comedy. I thought it was odd how Scorsese was involved in the production for a period of time and just let Philips rip off so much of it's work. i wonder if thats why he left.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Last post made me realize he really hasn't done any good movies since the 90's. He really did just get lucky with the Godfather and Taxi Driver which got him roles in good movies even if he gave a shit performance.
I'd say he was legitimately good in most of his 70s and early 80s stuff.

It was afterwards, when he was a big name, that he began to stink. Nigger got typecast and got big bland bluckbuster roles and phoned in his performances, acting like a parody of the real life him.

Same thing happened with Pacino, only earlier because Scorsese wasn't there to keep his career afloat.

Cuphead

I agree with Insomnia, that movie probably would have been more popular if it was made after Batman Begins. At the time Nolan was only known for Memento. Robin Williams is also good in that one.
Nolan's first couple movies before he did the Batman trilogy were great. Now he just makes overhyped movies that are just exposition orgies that film reddit circle jerks over. Dunkirk and Tenet were dogshit.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I thought Joker was good mainly because of Phoenix's performance, but it's hard to deny that it ripped off a lot of stuff from Taxi Driver and King of Comedy. I thought it was odd how Scorsese was involved in the production for a period of time and just let Philips rip off so much of it's work. i wonder if thats why he left.
Yeah I tried to like it but it just kept reminding me of King of Comedy. I remember telling someone at work who had seen joker that it was heavily influenced / stole from King that they never saw. I told them the plot of King and they said “holy shit that’s like the same movie”

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
Was gonna say this. To be fair, his roles are reversed. King of Comedy was much better but I still liked Joker. At least a lot of cape fags were introduced to a good movie because of it.

Cuphead

Was gonna say this. To be fair, his roles are reversed. King of Comedy was much better but I still liked Joker. At least a lot of cape fags were introduced to a good movie because of it.
Joker I liked because as much as it borrows from Scorsese, it was still a well made psychological thriller with a great performance that wasn't afraid to go into dark territory like so many capeshit movies do. Philips did a great job capturing the atmosphere of a gritty not overly stylized Gotham and Phoenix was awesome.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Nolan's first couple movies before he did the Batman trilogy were great. Now he just makes overhyped movies that are just exposition orgies that film reddit circle jerks over. Dunkirk and Tenet were dogshit.
Yeah him and Christian bale were not hugely known to the public before Batman Begins. American Psycho was a cult hit (I think it was one of those people discovered when they still rented movies at blockbuster) which is a shame. Also some of Robin Williams best later performances weee in movies most people didn’t see. One Hour Photo he’s beyond creepy but good.