• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Owen A forum Book Club

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
What's a classic book with a noble, good hero? Like you know how in the past, all the protagonists would actually be inspiring, kind people? (Biggest example being Superman). Not anti-heroes or underdogs, etc. Should I read that rise and falls of knights templar book for that?
Try reading anything by Harold Lamb. He wrote a lot of biographies and historical fiction centered on heroic ideals like honor and loyalty. "The Three Palladins" and "Theodora and the Emperor" are pretty good places to start.

Easily_Remembered

Mohammed was a Cumia
What's a classic book with a noble, good hero? Like you know how in the past, all the protagonists would actually be inspiring, kind people? (Biggest example being Superman). Not anti-heroes or underdogs, etc. Should I read that rise and falls of knights templar book for that?
Do you prefer fiction or history?

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
51d-Tpc7TOL.jpg

Easily_Remembered

Mohammed was a Cumia
Fiction's kinda gay. Fiction based on history is cool though. Fav films are Braveheart and Hacksaw Ridge for those reasons.
I agree. I can't read modern day fiction anymore.

Here's some good, classic
Fiction's kinda gay. Fiction based on history is cool though. Fav films are Braveheart and Hacksaw Ridge for those reasons.
Harry Turtledove wrote a lot of alternative history fiction books that I heard were really good (can't vouch for them personally).

Phillip K Dick's The Man in the High Castle is a great read as well. Some kike service recently kiked it up for a series, but ignore that shit and read the book instead.

Neil Gaiman is kind of a faggot but you should read Norse Mythology. The only one of his books I can read post-Pat publicly without being embarrassed.

Sci-fi is for faggots, but you should at least read "A Princess of Mars" by Edgar Rice Burroughs. ERB is the grandfather of modern day sci-fi but he wasn't a faggot - he wanted to entertain you; not lecture you. A Princess of Mars reads quick and you could probably knock it out in a day or two. A Southern Confederate gentleman gets mysteriously transported to Mars, and proceeds to kick ass and romance women. Not a brooding anti-hero like in the movie. It's really fun.

The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane by Robert E Howard. Howard is perhaps best known for Conan the Barbarian, but Solomon Kane is my favorite creation of his. He's basically a Puritan avenger who sees himself as the avenging right hand of God, and sets off into the world combating zombies, vampire queens, African pagans and the like. Check out part of this opening from the short story Red Shadows, whereupon Kane encounters a young woman on the side of the road; dying, having been violently raped and beaten by a pack of violent men :

"Suddenly the slim form went limp. The man eased her to the earth, and touched her brow lightly.
"Dead!" he muttered.
Slowly he rose, mechanically wiping his hands upon his cloak. A dark scowl had settled on his somber brow. Yet he made no wild, reckless vow, swore no oath by saints or devils.
"Men shall die for this," he said coldly."

Such a good opening! And it's good to see someone in fiction who's simply good; not "shades of grey".

G

I agree. I can't read modern day fiction anymore.

Here's some good, classic

Harry Turtledove wrote a lot of alternative history fiction books that I heard were really good (can't vouch for them personally).

Phillip K Dick's The Man in the High Castle is a great read as well. Some kike service recently kiked it up for a series, but ignore that shit and read the book instead.

Neil Gaiman is kind of a faggot but you should read Norse Mythology. The only one of his books I can read post-Pat publicly without being embarrassed.

Sci-fi is for faggots, but you should at least read "A Princess of Mars" by Edgar Rice Burroughs. ERB is the grandfather of modern day sci-fi but he wasn't a faggot - he wanted to entertain you; not lecture you. A Princess of Mars reads quick and you could probably knock it out in a day or two. A Southern Confederate gentleman gets mysteriously transported to Mars, and proceeds to kick ass and romance women. Not a brooding anti-hero like in the movie. It's really fun.

The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane by Robert E Howard. Howard is perhaps best known for Conan the Barbarian, but Solomon Kane is my favorite creation of his. He's basically a Puritan avenger who sees himself as the avenging right hand of God, and sets off into the world combating zombies, vampire queens, African pagans and the like. Check out part of this opening from the short story Red Shadows, whereupon Kane encounters a young woman on the side of the road; dying, having been violently raped and beaten by a pack of violent men :

"Suddenly the slim form went limp. The man eased her to the earth, and touched her brow lightly.
"Dead!" he muttered.
Slowly he rose, mechanically wiping his hands upon his cloak. A dark scowl had settled on his somber brow. Yet he made no wild, reckless vow, swore no oath by saints or devils.
"Men shall die for this," he said coldly."

Such a good opening! And it's good to see someone in fiction who's simply good; not "shades of grey".
Okay, I'll read A Princess of Mars first since you said it was easy. Sounds really good.

RobertMewler

I've been working on a small Thanksgiving quilt and listening to this in my craft room as I stitch:

I at first tried listening to an old Stern or O&A broadcast and they all sucked. I'm screwed for mindless entertainment now.