• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Owen A forum Book Club

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
Paradise Lost right now. It and the sequel read pretty good. What's wrong with the classics in English we got?

CuckQueen

I tried reading Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky but tapped out when the entire 3rd chapter was a neverending letter from his mom. Rambling cunt.
I read that a couple months ago. I still have the books I didn't read for high school and figured I should give them a chance. Pretty good, but what keeps you actually going is the feeling of accomplishment. Just seeing how few pages are left. I got 1984, The Great Gatsby, Hamlet, The Old Man and the Sea, Great Expectations, A Doll's House, and All Quiet on the Western Front.

Easily_Remembered

Mohammed was a Cumia
I mostly stick to dead authors, as they can't piss me off with faggotry. Big fan of Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert E Howard, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the like. Recently finished re-reading The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane by Howard.

I also like paranormal / supernatural / folklore shit, so I have been reading this, which studies the similarities between alien abductions and faerie lore.

Screenshot_20211118-184805_Google.jpg

CuckQueen

I mostly stick to dead authors, as they can't piss me off with faggotry. Big fan of Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert E Howard, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the like. Recently finished re-reading The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane by Howard.

I also like paranormal / supernatural / folklore shit, so I have been reading this, which studies the similarities between alien abductions and faerie lore.

View attachment 13062
What about H.P. Lovecraft? His opinion of Jews and Blacks was pretty based.

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
Started this last night. It's quite poetic for a hunting/outdoors book.

9780308103443-us-300.jpg
I’ve read a couple of hunting books and guides. I think people would be surprised with the writing skills of some of these guys. You can definitely feel the passion they have for hunting.

G

View attachment 13062

You seem like an actual reader. Got any recommendations for someone who wants to read only super good books and not waste time on OK ones?

G

It really depends my friend. Do you have any preferred genre or anything?
Nope. No fantasy baloney though... just want to read something I can get a lotta value out of, but nothing dull and sciencey. You know - something that the average OnA degenerate would actually like.

Easily_Remembered

Mohammed was a Cumia
Nope. No fantasy baloney though... just want to read something I can get a lotta value out of, but nothing dull and sciencey. You know - something that the average OnA degenerate would actually like.
I have been on a big biography / autobiography kick lately. I find reality more interesting than fiction sometimes. Would you have any interest in this area?

G

It really depends my friend. Do you have any preferred genre or anything?
What's a classic book with a noble, good hero? Like you know how in the past, all the protagonists would actually be inspiring, kind people? (Biggest example being Superman). Not anti-heroes or underdogs, etc. Should I read that rise and falls of knights templar book for that?

Username

Catch 22 by Joseph Heller is one I can re-read every few years. Really funny but at times very serios.With well written relatable characters. It has an interesting take on how different ranks and types of people in the military saw and felt about fighting in WW2.

The author fought in WW2 in the same type of unit and in the same area the book is set so he knows his shit.