• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Opie hits back on his & Ant's finances, contract signings, and wanting to reunite with Ant for the money

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
I may be underestimating the market, I am just basing it off the interest in both Opie and Ant post O&A which is really quite low, Cumia with his under 5k subscribers, Opie streaming to a few hundred people maximum.

Why would you watch a Half A Show? That's not Opie & Anthony, neither show is even presented contextually like O&A was. The interest in O&A is very high, especially compared to other podcasts, which The DMAN has probably said 3 or 4 times now in this fucking thread and probably in his previous posts to you specifically and it's getting pretty irritating being a visionary who sees it coming and has to tolerate all you Naysaying White Niggers acting like this isn't a no brainer coming down the pike.

Opie & Anthony discussing current events has an audience as well but not 94 million people like Mr. Beast or other YouTube millionaires have.

Opie & Anthony regularly go viral residually from past bits like Cake Stomp and even their HACKIEST early career shit like Toy Yoda, 100 Grand, the Butt Plug prank call. You are still here. The people who do the podcasts and listen to them make up a billion dollar industry, pretty much all of them old enough to have gotten a boner before flat screens came out know who O&A are.

Don't you worry about there "being interest." Are you in business? Do you understand that when others fail, you capitalize? Opie & Anthony could easily dominate podcasting if they play the media and free press they will no doubt get just from doing the bare minimum. Howard Stern now has more lapsed fans who say "he sucks now" who are looking for something similar. There is a whole untapped boomer market who basically has turned to MAGA Fox News shit just because there is no comedy without preemptive apologies and fake edginess.

When O&A attack dog a podcaster, they eat up that podcaster's fanbase. Someone like Kevin Brennan would be smart to buddy up to O&A like so many other wayward hosts from eras gone by have done. But someone like Red Bar would probably try to take them on, and would eventually be overtaken by O&A because his listeners probably listened to O&A before him ANYWAY.

Whatever. If you don't see it, The DMAN can only walk you to the water. The DMAN cannot force you to drink. He can only tell you that when the day comes that you have realized the reunion has come to pass, and you have been left red-faced, The DMAN will say "It's alright champ. Now let's enjoy this Homeless Shopping Spree 2024... Together."

THE D

Forum Clout
The live shows that they did always seemed to be a great flow at times. Some of the JFL gigs had moments of everyone stalling out and waiting for someone to step in, but those shows always had moments of funny interactions and I'd garner to say that if they did a few of those, they'd do fairly well.

That was why The DMAN was excited for the proposed road show at Yakov's with Barry Williams, Joe Piscipo, Dice. O&A could play stupid venues all over the east coast like comedians do and with Opie's marketing abilities finally a podcaster can make more than 20 dollars for a gig.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Nostalgia sucks. Let things die. Time for new blood.
Normally I'd agree but when the new blood is AIDS-ridden, what's a brotherman to do?

I was gonna say the same thing but the Compound Media channel is somehow still up after all these years. It gets a weirdly high number of views too. The one for him returning for example is at 110K views at the moment. I guess there are enough boomer retards out there who still think Ant is worth watching in 2023.
It should be pointed out that swearing doesn't get your channel yanked or delisted or whatever, it just gets the offending videos demonetized because Youtube doesn't want to run ads over them. Theoretically, it shouldn't be a big deal if you have a sizeable, loyal audience that contributes income through other means but lotta Youtubers are greedy and obsessed with working da algorithm so that's why you see so much self-censorship happening.

There's still people putting out re-edited O&A content and those can get hundreds of thousands of views. If you watch a bunch of those, you're likely to get some CM stuff recommended to you or you might be the type of person to go search it out yourself just to keep abreast of O&A related news. That's the audience for CM on Youtube, overwhelmingly casual listeners who just want to put something familiar on as background noise. I wouldn't conflate it with genuinely dedicated Nana fans, and I certainly wouldn't assume those numbers translate to CM subscriptions to any noticeable degree. I don't think they even uploaded to yt that regularly until Erock joined up and a subsequent shift in policy followed, from sparingly sharing content to posting a lot of it, which seems to indicate that someone realized that no one was joining up and they had to shift gears and promote the Nanacast way more.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout
What did that company do in 2019 to see an increase in revenue by nearly $2 billion? And as someone who used to use Sirius XM I'm honestly shocked by those revenue numbers. Who is paying this company? Do the music channels really get that many people listening?
It's all phony math, they are counting cars, not real subs, plus Pandora and stitcher listeners. They are making zero profit

THE D

Forum Clout
A new Opie & Anthony show without decent comedians wouldn't work. Not even Vos would be retarded enough to be part of a show where one of the hosts talk openly about desiring to kill all blacks.
Vos has been on Compound a shit load over the years...........................

Are you for real? Genuinely asking if you have amnesia or what.

THE D

Forum Clout
Cam and Mase reunited recently after 20 years of beefing for a huge bag. At one point Mase exposed Cam for fucking his own sister. If they could get back together O&A could

While The DMAN appreciates the sentiment in your post, don't post here if you're going to talk in Zoomer Nigger lingo.

Got the "huge bag" after "beefin," did they?

Forum Clout
The one problem with an Opie & Anthony reunion is who would pay big money for it? Sirius as a company worth billions and billions of dollars would not want Anthony because of his well documented racism, violence etc. One word out of line by Anthony (Which would happen) and they'd be in a bit of trouble from sponsors, shareholders etc.

Compound Media could host it and makes the most sense but how much money realistically could be made? I've read rumoured numbers here before of under 5k subscribers for Anthony right now, lets say Opie & Anthony reuniting brings it up to 20k subscribers, that's 2.1 million a year, and then Compound has to pay a staff, rent, taxes and everything else, that number is maybe a million after tax, maybe 500-600k after rent and putting on a proper staff and then O&A get paid?

Is Opie that desperate for cash that he redoes Opie & Anthony and has Anthony as his boss for maybe 300-500k a year? Nothing to shit on at all but if the media is to be believed the Opester used to make 3-5 MILLION a year to do O&A, surely he's looking for at least 7 figures...

Any of those podcasting networks with big money would surely shy away from Anthony based on his racism as well...
You make some valid points, but it's not just fugly mug Count Groomia's unyielding and incessant nigger hatred. The audience they once had a stranglehold on has long since abated. They're gone.. grew up, aged out, died, or straight up lost interest years back. The web traffic on this little forum is honestly probably more strong than the numbers they receive on YouTube. Less than 5k subs?? Hahaha, ho-lee-shit! Man.. try prob less than 500 and those were undoubtedly numbers from a year or so ago. Didn't some dude years back on Reddit sign up as a gag and post screen caps of the view counts on Compost because Asshole Keith The Crooked Cop was too much of a technological caveman to hire halfway decent developers who could hide it? It was literally just a few hundred views per vid, and that wasn't right away. The vids had sat for a while.. again.. YEARS BACK, NIGGER!

The fact that you think that The Opinator & The Tunisian Trans/Teen Rapist of Pock could even net 20,000 subs is naive, mate. No one shy of a few hundred slowly dying boomers and Gen X'ers would pay pig for these sixty year old, AARP membership, washed up, geriatric fags. Worm the saggy, blown out faghole bottoming Norton and his tall, young, Aryan, veeking top man-wife doing OnlyFans would frankly get more subs, even from degenerates; Seriously.

This isn't 2004 when the internet was in its infancy in terms of how prolific, widespread, and interactive it is now. That's one reason they and that egomaniac kike asshole Stern were at the apex of "edge-lord" entertainment. There wasn't much else but the radio, TV, video games, and going outside basically. Sheaaa nigga cuh, dis ain't even 2014 back when Ant had a chance and actually did have a few thousand, maybe even tens of thousands of people behind his paywall for real. He blew it all. You'd either better have a RedBar level of dedicated fans willing to pay for you to just talk shit and trash people, or sell something, get sponsors, or make it with a Spotify deal.

These losers can do none of the above. Sad to see Opester hurtin' but no one told brothaman to buy a Hamptons beach mansion w $15-40k property taxes a year. Finally.. what would they talk about? How much they trashed each other like drag queens or high school girls for the past decade? BLM? Islam? Zionism? Trans sports? Yeah.. again... see the reason why Colin Quinn won't touch a Tough Crowd reboot.

Mike Glyer

Rick is Persona Non Grata on File 770
Forum Clout
Isn't this guy 60 years old? He made tens of millions of dollars, and now that it's running out he thinks he DESERVES to never have to WORK AGAIN?

This video is fucking grody. What an absolute CUNT of a person this fuckin' guy. Poor Opie, only has a West Side Duplex in a Trump building and a summer house in the Hamptons. How fucking dumb do you need to be to STILL have ZERO self-awareness. Good fucking LORD. What a spoiled little faggot.
Get off my fucking board.

Forum Clout
"Ehh.. it's a tough one.. on one hand, sixty five year old shock jocks who despise each other and only reunite a decade later out of sheer financial desperation aren't exactly as cool as the Atari, box social, or the MySpace that the kids love these days.... but on the other hand, I get my saggy, broken dam-looking, faggy fun-hole reamed out by my giant, Aryan, sex worker, booty nigger homo love goddess wife Nikki whenever I want... and that's whether my two ex best radio friends die in horrible Gaza Strip fires or live to ripe old age... it's a real motherfuck, man."

- Jim "The Saggy-Faced, Bottoming Worm" Norton