• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

OnA discuss the addition of Marcia Turk to Stern’s staff and the softening of Howard

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
The entire point of hiring Stuttering John was to piss Stern off. It worked brilliantly for Leno. Leno didn't want to develop John into a star, he was just pissing Stern off. If John thought that gig was going to go anywhere on its own, he's a stuttering idiot with a transgendered kid.
I gained a lot of respect for Artie when he let Cumia go there but wouldn’t join in. Anthony “they’re going after my mom’s online obituary” Cumia.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
“Howard refused to get involved or help you with any contract negotiation but he knew exactly where every penny went.” That’s why he likes Fred so much since he’s a pussy boy faggot who rolls over for every little thing.
Same with Gary, just agree to everything and don’t ask questions. Looking back Jackie was right to hold out for money when they were paying him shit - the fact that it pissed Stern off was because he couldn’t handle someone fighting back on his cheapness.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
The entire point of hiring Stuttering John was to piss Stern off. It worked brilliantly for Leno. Leno didn't want to develop John into a star, he was just pissing Stern off. If John thought that gig was going to go anywhere on its own, he's a stuttering idiot with a transgendered kid.
They did get him just to piss off Stern - it was Leno’s writers who pushed for him - but I think they hoped he could John do something funny like he did on the Stern show - esp related to his talent of asking celebs stupid questions.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
Same with Gary, just agree to everything and don’t ask questions. Looking back Jackie was right to hold out for money when they were paying him shit - the fact that it pissed Stern off was because he couldn’t handle someone fighting back on his cheapness.
His entire staff had to do bullshit bar appearances to make a halfway decent living for years on end then he’d flip out and say they shouldn’t be using his name to make money.

BrotherMan1488

Forum Clout

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
His entire staff had to do bullshit bar appearances to make a halfway decent living for years on end then he’d flip out and say they shouldn’t be using his name to make money.
I think Gary took pretty much every appearance so he could buy a house. When I was in high school (2000-2004) I worked at a couple car dealerships in the detail department and every place I worked at least 1 of the mechanics had a 8x10 hanging up in their area signed by Gary from when he did an appearance at the dealership. (I lived in the 94.1 WYSP market area) Since Jackie at least got stand up gigs since he has an act gary had to take whatever he could get.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
I think Gary took pretty much every appearance so he could buy a house. When I was in high school (2000-2004) I worked at a couple car dealerships in the detail department and every place I worked at least 1 of the mechanics had a 8x10 hanging up in their area signed by Gary from when he did an appearance at the dealership. (I lived in the 94.1 WYSP market area) Since Jackie at least got stand up gigs since he has an act gary had to take whatever he could get.
Right and I’m pretty sure Gary said that on the air but he’s the producer of the biggest radio show on the planet and he’s appearing at Bob’s Tires to make ends meet? Jackie was smart to negotiate for plugs. You had guys like KC who needed plugs to not starve to death and you had Fred playing bs butt rock in dive bars as a hobby yet both would get plugged the same. I hope Fred dies* yesterday.

Last edited:

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
I remember listening once when Howard was saying how George Lucas was a cheapskate who didn't pay his ILM workers decent wages because he could get them cheap so they could work on "Star Wars" projects. He went on a rant that Lucas didn't pay his staff.

Jackie was still there if I remember correctly. I don't know how they all could stay silent. Even a, "Gee boff, can I take off early today to polish my resume" type of joke would have been plausibly deniable. Even a, "I heard George Lucas is on the board of WXRK" woulda been good. But they just let him go and had to bite their tongues.

I hope it was worth it, Gary.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Right and I’m pretty sure Gary said that on the air but he’s the producer of the biggest radio show on the planet and he’s appearing at Bob’s Tires to make ends meet? Jackie was smart to negotiate for plugs. You had guys like KC who needed plugs to not starve to death and you had Fred playing bs butt rock in dive bars as a hobby yet both would get plugged the same. I hope Fred does yesterday.
Yeah Gary did stuff other guys turned down, Hardware stores (someone had him sign a toilet ring that the guy wanted Gary to bite) Stereo stores (remember those?!) and probably even grocery stores. Even worse when Stern started out he had to do these gigs yet gave these guys shit for doing it to the point he eventually forbid the guys from doing it after the Ronnie’s block party saga.

Crazy how at one time FM radio stations doing appearances would actually get people out. I can’t remember the last time I saw a FM musuc station doing an appearance somewhere (unless they’re a sports station)

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

Forum Clout
Yeah Gary did stuff other guys turned down, Hardware stores (someone had him sign a toilet ring that the guy wanted Gary to bite) Stereo stores (remember those?!) and probably even grocery stores. Even worse when Stern started out he had to do these gigs yet gave these guys shit for doing it to the point he eventually forbid the guys from doing it after the Ronnie’s block party saga.

Crazy how at one time FM radio stations doing appearances would actually get people out. I can’t remember the last time I saw a FM musuc station doing an appearance somewhere (unless they’re a sports station)
I just want to really hammer home the point that Fred is worthless, his wife cheated on him in a play, he’s a thin skinned faggot, and I hope he gets hit by a bus.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I just want to really hammer home the point that Fred is worthless, his wife cheated on him in a play, he’s a thin skinned faggot, and I hope he gets hit by a bus.
Last time I saw a clip for the show they’ve got like 5 or more puppets next to Fred which I’m assumed is used a visual gag for Fred’s “impressions” yet the show isn’t on any channel and only quick clips make the internet. At least Jackie / Gary puppet was when he had a show on E! - if nobody is gonna see it why even go to the trouble or having Fred and others play with puppets?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
I don't care that Jackie's stand up sucks
Never seen him live? I've seen Jackie lots of times live. Never bombed once. Always killed. A few times I saw him there were A-list actors or comics who went to the show specifically to see Jackie tell ancient jokes. I've seen Artie and Norton live and without it being a Stern or O&A crowd they would not be able to get many a laughs.
Sal is probably the most unintentionally hilarious person ever.
Sal is probably the single greatest wack packer in the history of entertainment. O&A had Lady Di on for one week and it was legendary radio. Stern hired Sal for over a decade. Of the top 100 moments of the Stern Show during Sal's tenure I would say that probably a quarter of them are directly related to Sal. Sal might even have one or two top ten bits in the history of the entire Stern Show. No one could have predicted it.
While I think Turk is definitely the turning point of when the show not only went off the cliff, but willingly jumped, she's a willing target to get the blame when the fact hasn't changed that the tone shift and quality drop are all Howards fault.
Everyone knows that Marci's hiring was just to take the hit for Howard. Howard wanted the show to become a pathetic faggy safe milquetoast watered down abomination. But Howard didn't want to take the blame so he had Marci be the face of the 'change in direction' on the show. It worked until the Pelican Brief leaked and exposed Howard as being the dimwit behind everything. Once it leaked that Howard was pushing for the overhaul of the show the fans no longer focused on Marci. She barely gets mentioned by Stern fans anymore.
I don’t think Jackie is too bitter.
Jackie didn't care nor listen to Stern until he went to Sirius because he wanted to hear what the new show was like. When he wanted to do his own show the Joke Hunt he called Howard and said "I'm doing a weekly radio show, the fans would like it, you and Sirius have first dibs". So the show was signed. He and Howard were not bitter towards each other. Jackie hated doing morning radio and likely wouldn't have followed the show to Sirius anyways.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
I really hated the day that they roasted Howard for getting a divorce. Jackie wrote some jokes that were really harsh, that Howard and Robin pretended weren't funny, then Fred comes in and roasts Jackie. Ugh.

Fred may be even luckier than Robin Quivers.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I really hated the day that they roasted Howard for getting a divorce. Jackie wrote some jokes that were really harsh, that Howard and Robin pretended weren't funny, then Fred comes in and roasts Jackie. Ugh.

Fred may be even luckier than Robin Quivers.
Fred for being someone who wants to bust balls has the thinnest skin next to Howard and Robin.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Not a big Howard guy so i’m just spitballing here.
I don’t think Jackie is too bitter, at least he made the most of his deal (him having a plug every hour was a great idea) and even though he didn’t become a big star after leaving like he hoped he at least seems to be a happy guy. Everyone else is bitter for obvious reasons - they all know Stern was a cheap bastard and can’t do anything without stern.
People confuse Bitter with reminiscing. People say Opie is bitter. And their only reasoning is he talks about the show he was on and sometimes has complaints…yeah? Why would you want these guys to walk around saying everything was awesome if it wasn’t. I never, ever thought of Jackie as bitter. I mean it seems like he didn’t like how certain things went down but “bitter” is seriously a whole other level of being butthurt. Bitter is something like…Anthony hating Opie for the imagined idea that he didn’t save his job even when Opie just couldn’t. Thats bitter.