Official ONAForums Premier League thread

Cyberatorquer

Five Sink Gangster Cribs
The real reason soccer became a popular sport in England was so that revolting factory workers in the 1870's would instead lose all their time and energy spectating these games. It helped to tribalize a homogenous group of people (that grinded out 14h workdays and lived in squalor) alongside imaginary crests and colors and the industrialists subsequently rejoiced.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
I grew up being raised into watching soccer so I’ve always loved it. If Liverpool don’t beat Utd on Monday I think arsenal get second place. Especially if they sign Tielemans. Despite a few bad individual performances against Newcastle I still don’t see City losing it.

The fact Pat still regularly says shit like “I mean REAL football. Not that boring fairy stuff they do in Europe” proves exactly how out of touch and fat that opinion is in 2022.

Monk

I grew up being raised into watching soccer so I’ve always loved it. If Liverpool don’t beat Utd on Monday I think arsenal get second place. Especially if they sign Tielemans. Despite a few bad individual performances against Newcastle I still don’t see City losing it.

The fact Pat still regularly says shit like “I mean REAL football. Not that boring fairy stuff they do in Europe” proves exactly how out of touch and fat that opinion is in 2022.

He kinda looks like an obese Roy Keane in your profile picture.

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
WWAW getting all triggered at the mere mention of soccer and feeling the need to make sure everyone knows how much you hate it instead of just ignoring it?
Is that in the forum's nature? To just be chill about things?

Volkov

This forum saved my life!
I read that the yankie doodle dandys aren't allowed to play american football in school anymore because they are all getting more brain damaged than americunts naturally are. So they are all taking up soccer instead. Hopefully when it becomes the number 1 sport there they will obviously have the best league, highest paid stars etc. so this will reduce the quality of the premiership and thus make it easier for british players to get into teams and in turn make our national team better and also make the league more competitive with teams outside the big 4 being able to compete without having billions.

Volkov

This forum saved my life!
Hey guess what my fellow europeans, stop being arrogant uneducated morons by telling americans it isn't called soccer. WE BRITISH ORIGINALLY CALLED THE GAME SOCCER! it comes as an amalgamation from the word association, the ruleset we play is called association football (most people don't know the sport is called association football). So you see we were the first to call it soccer, clueless fucks.

Why are Americans suddenly interested in British football? Ryan Reynolds and Mac from Always Sunny bought a football club. Cris Italia posts about it all the time? Don't they know that it's a game for fags?
In the last 30 years soccer has grown a lot in the states both in popularity and social acceptance. When I was a kid we called soccer players "grass fairies" and soccer fags. Now one of the more popular tickets in town is the pro soccer team. I don't forsee any soccer riots in the near future but soccer is all but mainstream otherwise

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
I read that the yankie doodle dandys aren't allowed to play american football in school anymore because they are all getting more brain damaged than americunts naturally are. So they are all taking up soccer instead. Hopefully when it becomes the number 1 sport there they will obviously have the best league, highest paid stars etc. so this will reduce the quality of the premiership and thus make it easier for british players to get into teams and in turn make our national team better and also make the league more competitive with teams outside the big 4 being able to compete without having billions.
I could see that opinion in the early 2000’s but do you really feel that way nowadays? One of the things I really like about the PL is how competitive it is now compared to the late 90’s/early 2000’s. Teams like Brentford, Brighton, West Ham, Palace and so on are very capable of competing for European spots now. Obviously they’re not going to win the league but the fact Leicester did in recent memory is still pretty amazing.

I grew up on Italian football and back then you had five or six teams who were legit contenders for the title every year while the PL basically had Man Utd with the occasional Blackburn or Arsenal blip. Curious if you have a different take though.

Monk

Is that in the forum's nature? To just be chill about things?
The extremely predictable reactions any time soccer is brought up aren't unique to this forum. It's always the same unoriginal shit from people who have obviously never watched any decent version of the sport, like the Premier League or Champion's League. Plenty of people don't like baseball or golf but I don't recall any posts in threads about those sports where people felt the need to make sure everyone knows how much they dislike those sports.

Liverpool win this if man utd don't score again.

I've just remembered England has the US in the world cup around Thanksgiving on a Friday. Can't wait. Also US v Iran and England v Wales games on top.

2Shirts1Egg2

5foot9 and an attitude
I've just remembered England has the US in the world cup around Thanksgiving on a Friday. Can't wait. Also US v Iran and England v Wales games on top.
That's nice, we got put out by a country that might not exist in 2 weeks.
€50,- on Man Utd. I live on the edge😎
What price did you get on that? fuggin' Dutch guy with the stones of steel ovah heeya. I think you'll be lucky to hit that but it's holding for now

Liverpool's slow start has turned into a bad start after that result. Too early to say if Man Utd have turned a corner yet.

With a seemingly improved Arsenal and Tottenham, the battle for a top 4 place could be brutal this season.

Man City definite favourites at the moment but they'd take an 7th place finish in the league, for a European Cup.