Official ONAForums Premier League thread

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
It's partly popular too because there are so many degenerate gamblers. Soccer is so fucking gay.

Imagine paying hundreds of dollars to watch a 0-0 tie. Nice choreographed songs, pussies.
Imagine watching a game where it takes 4 minutes to make a play that last only 2.5 seconds, only to then stop all play to take a commercial break. Then switch the entire team out because they got tired because they played 2 2.5 second plays in a row, only to have an encyclopedia thick rule book, their part time refs don't even know how to interpret, that changes every year. Thank God ties are rare in that game though, I wouldn't want the flow ruined. I forgot to mention most of the players are hood rats criminals too

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
WWAW getting all triggered at the mere mention of soccer and feeling the need to make sure everyone knows how much you hate it instead of just ignoring it?
Nice fool’s errand in crusading against the most popular sport that will ever befall mankind, stupid.

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
Imagine watching a game where it takes 4 minutes to make a play that last only 2.5 seconds, only to then stop all play to take a commercial break. Then switch the entire team out because they got tired because they played 2 2.5 second plays in a row, only to have an encyclopedia thick rule book, their part time refs don't even know how to interpret, that changes every year. Thank God ties are rare in that game though, I wouldn't want the flow ruined. I forgot to mention most of the players are hood rats criminals too
I forgot to mention most of the players are hood rats criminals too

You can say niggers on here.

G

All the European teams are filled with Africans now. Atleast when they fuck up in America we can call them the niggers they are and not worry about being prosecuted.

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
All the European teams are filled with Africans now. Atleast when they fuck up in America we can call them the niggers they are and not worry about being prosecuted.
Some British teen got 6 weeks in the slammer for calling Man U’s Marcus Rashford a monkey on Instagram, hahaha!!
I know we call ourselves “home of the free” despite not even being able to drink a can of beer on a park bench, but at least we’re not THIS gay.

Monk

Crazy start to the season so far. This Manchester City/Newcastle match has been great. I get why some people find soccer boring but PL is unlike any other league. Most exciting sports league in the world.

Fun start to the league this year normally takes a while to get into any fights between passionate managers losing their minds or great games.

I guess it being a breakfast/morning time slot so not competing with much has helped it grow much in the US. Think between all the league's and competitions the US is paying multiple billions a year now.

I think America is probably only 3 or 4 world cups away from having a good side. The world cup in 2026 being there is going to make it even bigger however it will be a big ask for the MLS to really challenge the big leagues.

G

Imagine watching a game where it takes 4 minutes to make a play that last only 2.5 seconds

I don't know exactly what sport you're talking about. It's been a while since I watched but that was what baseball devolved into.

1 out, man on first. Pitcher gets ready, throws to first, guy gets back in time. First baseman throws back to the pitcher. Pitcher gets ready. Batter steps out, adjusts his glove, takes a practice cut. Steps back in. Pitcher gets ready, throws. Ball one. That took 30-45 seconds. Repeat some variation of this 2-3x more until there's a hit or something. It just took a couple minutes for one play.

I like going to baseball in the stadium but for me watching it on TV is like watching paint dry. My son got into Premier League so I watched a few games over the years. It's not terrible. I can get a little boring at times but there's always something happening at least.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

I don't know exactly what sport you're talking about. It's been a while since I watched but that was what baseball devolved into.

1 out, man on first. Pitcher gets ready, throws to first, guy gets back in time. First baseman throws back to the pitcher. Pitcher gets ready. Batter steps out, adjusts his glove, takes a practice cut. Steps back in. Pitcher gets ready, throws. Ball one. That took 30-45 seconds. Repeat some variation of this 2-3x more until there's a hit or something. It just took a couple minutes for one play.

I like going to baseball in the stadium but for me watching it on TV is like watching paint dry. My son got into Premier League so I watched a few games over the years. It's not terrible. I can get a little boring at times but there's always something happening at least.
The American generation that grew up being told that soccer is boring and sucks is getting old. Soccer is more popular than ever in the USA and not just shitty woman's soccer too. I truly believe in a few more years it will be considered one of the big five. I'm old but my exposure to soccer in Greece solidified my love for it. That and Formula 1. I wish European soccer had the kind of coverage it does now, back in the day. Right now, without anything more than cable I have access to English, Spanish and German soccer, it's a great time to be a fan.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Oh and I agree with you, there are boring games, it happens but all sports go through that really, just some more than others

2Shirts1Egg2

5foot9 and an attitude
The American generation that grew up being told that soccer is boring and sucks is getting old. Soccer is more popular than ever in the USA and not just shitty woman's soccer too.
The one main reason i always thought it never caught on in the States is because you guys have TV companies that would never allow 45 minutes of air time to go by without an advert break. Now we live in a much different media environment, you have dual screen for ads so you don't miss shit and most of the highlights are on streaming services 30 minutes after the game so anyone can access it. The generation of US players that are hitting age 22-23 right now is helping too.

N64 Cube

Patrick S. Tomlinson staring in “Liquor Pig”
Spurs/Chelsea derby was a fawwkin' classic.

I'm a Spurs fan and I hate Chelsea but they can be hilarious:

Im a stats nerd/fag. Here's some stats/boxscore for that match

https://fbref.com/en/matches/01e57bf5/Chelsea-Tottenham-Hotspur-August-14-2022-Premier-League

Volkov

This forum saved my life!
Spurs had 35% possession and shithoused a draw at Stamford Bridge. Spurs' transformation under Conte in less than a year is mind-boggling.
getting smashed off leeds 3-0, what a transformation you fucking nigger cunt. Fuck.