Of course Pat got ripped off

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
1655458739326.png

1655458793255.png

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Not a lot of watches can pull off this "open heart" look. This one looks tacky and isnt easy to read at a glance when the hands are around 6,7,8 like in pats pic. I bet pat isnt aware that automatic watches need to be serviced every 3-5 years. So I bet it doesnt hold accurate time as well as it used to. It would be cheaper to just buy a new watch than service that.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Who the fuck still wears a watch besides boomers? Maybe I can see if you have a nice one (which he doesn't) and wear it to a function or something, but every day?
I understand wearing a smart watch. Getting text messages on your wrist is nice, being able to ignore calls without pulling out your phone is nice, and so's being able to skip/repeat music tracks.

Pat's watch can't do any of that.

Opie Army

I coulda been a mawdull
Who the fuck still wears a watch besides boomers? Maybe I can see if you have a nice one (which he doesn't) and wear it to a function or something, but every day?
I have a nice analog watch I paid probably $250 for in 2002, solar powered with a "lifetime" lithium battery, but looks like a standard clock, every month I have to reset it to the correct date but it's a nice accessory for a gentleman. Fucking thing broke when I broke my wrist a few years ago & I haven't taken it in to see if it can be fixed. After wearing that watch for over a decade, it felt weird not to have it when my cast came off. Come to think of it I got ripped off with that watch too, but only because I couldn't have forseen Stawbridges in Philly going out of business, the watch had a lifetime warranty where they'd give me a brand new watch if mine broke, oops.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Come to think of it I got ripped off with that watch too, but only because I couldn't have forseen Stawbridges in Philly going out of business, the watch had a lifetime warranty where they'd give me a brand new watch if mine broke, oops.
Check with the manufacturer; I've had a Zippo lighter repaired despite the shop that sold it to me going under ten years before.

G

I understand wearing a smart watch. Getting text messages on your wrist is nice, being able to ignore calls without pulling out your phone is nice, and so's being able to skip/repeat music tracks.

Pat's watch can't do any of that.
I feel the opposite, but I'm also basically an honorary boomer and just kind of instinctively hate anything "smart". At the end of the day it's just a fashion accessory/status symbol unless you're a horology autist. I wonder if pat pretends to be knowledgeable about horology, wouldn't surprise me.

[MEDIA=youtube]QnymDdbKMmQ[/MEDIA]

Opie Army

I coulda been a mawdull
Check with the manufacturer; I've had a Zippo lighter repaired despite the shop that sold it to me going under ten years before.
The best they offer is 5 years & this watch is now 20. Pretty sure it's either dead for good or just needs a jeweler or whatever to pop the back off. I still have it, it's not a Rolex like some cunts in my family got, but it's nice enough that I'll leave it in a drawer for now.