Obscura: True Crime Podcast is doing an episode on SFWA’s pedophilia - Paul Weimar mentioned

Duxbury Dave

The Ringleader
Screenshot_20230308-211350_Twitter.jpg

Harry Powell

Lyndon Evans Superfan
Yeah, the best one is always the next one that hasn’t come out yet. That’s what I was talking about the other day, I don’t get my hopes up over this crap.

It’s like Qtards with “two more weeks” and nothing ever happening.
It costs $5 a month. Who takes it that seriously?

Everyone around here is such a fawkin’ negative Nancy. Nonstop complaining.

G

It costs $5 a month. Who takes it that seriously?

Everyone around here is such a fawkin’ negative Nancy. Nonstop complaining.
Not anticipating the awesomest thing I ever heard is not complaining. I’m sure it will be fine. I just have no expectations. If it’s amazing then that’s great. If it’s not then I won’t really be bothered.

It’s not my fault for noticing that podcasts (in general, I know very little about this one) have a lot in common with right wing grifters and left-wing grifters who always promise arrests, massive data dumps, HUGE PROOF!!!!!, major developments, secret information and “so and so is going down”.

It’s always coming in the next episode or in two more weeks.

LiberalPussy

Yeah, the best one is always the next one that hasn’t come out yet. That’s what I was talking about the other day, I don’t get my hopes up over this crap.

It’s like Qtards with “two more weeks” and nothing ever happening.
What would actually make you happy? A 2 hour bashing of Patrick and making pig/pepperoni jokes? Sorry, but it was never going to be that. He was always going to do a podcast about the SFWA being pedos, well before Pat and Uncle Paul inserted themselves into everything. The fact that he also roasts fatty is icing on the cake.

Deal with it, you ungrateful queer.

The Greaseman

Slingin' lead!
Not anticipating the awesomest thing I ever heard is not complaining. I’m sure it will be fine. I just have no expectations. If it’s amazing then that’s great. If it’s not then I won’t really be bothered.

It’s not my fault for noticing that podcasts (in general, I know very little about this one) have a lot in common with right wing grifters and left-wing grifters who always promise arrests, massive data dumps, HUGE PROOF!!!!!, major developments, secret information and “so and so is going down”.

It’s always coming in the next episode or in two more weeks.
I maybe didn't present the "scorched earth" quote well. He meant more that this episode had a narrow focus on one guy and the next one would be directed at the SFWA generally. He didn't really mean it as a cliff hanger.

G

He spends about the last 5 minutes shitting on Rick, playing an excerpt of his terrible comedy, and reading the police report where he threatens to kill his wife and kid.
LOL. See? That’s exactly what I’m talking about.

I already read the report, and you guys shit on his comedy way better than this guy will. That’s what I’m talking about. No expectations. I’m not gonna listen to an hour and a half long podcast to get to the last five minutes that is a rehash of what you guys do better. Again, I like this guy, he’s great, but I wasn’t expecting something awesome and that’s perfectly fine. He doesn’t owe any of us anything.

G

I maybe didn't present the "scorched earth" quote well. He meant more that this episode had a narrow focus on one guy and the next one would be directed at the SFWA generally. He didn't really mean it as a cliff hanger.
OK, I gotcha. I’m really mostly interested in what he has to say about Patrick but I don’t think there’s really anything else for him to go over that we don’t already know. I’m glad he’s attacking SFWA, it’s necessary and to the average person that’s probably 20 million times more interesting and he needs to think of his own audience and not me.

But I don’t care about them. Not really.