O&A bits from the sub/forums that flew over your head when you joined

WhereWeAt

I didn't get the Pat stuff. Yeah, we goofed on the guy for Norm and being fat, but I was amazed/baffled how much people ran with it. I just started listening to NPS and holy shit I can't believe this saga.

If you're here from reddit, that would mean you don't even fully understand Anthony 's downfall. It didn't start during the fights, it really started during Lobster Girl.
So after Anthony shacked up with a hooker that came on the show to blow someone, the pests certainly took notice. Nana was always a gigantic insecure bitch, so what does he do? He bans everyone on pal talk who mentions it. He refuses to let calls about her on air and instructed the screeners to deny calls. Finally, he got so insecure that he convinced Opie to start banning fan websites from being spoken about. The sites would have some mild shit about Opie, a whole lot about lobster girl, so bitch Anthony would go to Opie and point out how the site hates them both. You can find them talking about this live during some jocktober segments, if you hear something like "the site we don't talk about", that's it.

He did the same with his Obama era endless race talk.

"Hey ant, it's not that I disagree but this is like the fourth day this week you went on about this and it's not funny"
BUUUHLOCKED

So when the time came, Anthony already had a pool of ill will building amongst fans. His flip from being "loved" to "hated" was not as sudden as it may seem from the entry point of reddit

Last edited:

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
I used to listen back in the WNEW days sporadically and got back into them after their suspension on XM. Never knew where Frrrrrrunkis and Ramoooooone came from.

The Brother Joe stuff is from before my time. I'm not sure how he got on the radar.

Who was there when the old lore was written?
When Anthony was suspended, Joe decided he was going to do a podcast in Anthonys place and did a fundraiser with some retard joe peterno or something.

It raised like $200 in the era where Jim got $60k

Joe got pissed, people made fun of him. He went on wackbag and then went on Reddit and told everyone he would fist fight them.

Thats the tldr of joeposting

WhereWeAt

The Brother Joe stuff is from before my time. I'm not sure how he got on the radar.

Who was there when the old lore was written?

I may be wrong, but the tide turned against Joe when he put out these embarrassing, arrogant stream of consciousness videos after Greggshells. In typical fashion, these fools think they can throw meat to the lions without becoming a meal themselves.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
I may be wrong, but the tide turned against Joe when he put out these embarrassing, arrogant stream of consciousness videos after Greggshells. In typical fashion, these fools think they can throw meat to the lions without becoming a meal themselves.
People always hated Joe, even during the height of the show.

Man, i can't believe I've been talking to you guys for 8 years.

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
I got into da show in 2012 and found the sub in 2013ish. The best days were long gone for the show but it ended up being the perfect time to get into the sub. I would go to greggtonyandjim or one of the other upload sites every afternoon and listen to da show, then spend the rest of my time listening to old stuff. I was completely obsessed to be completely honest witcha. Eventually I earned my masters degree in autism and was able to understand pretty much every bit as the sub entered my daily routine.

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
I got into da show in 2012 and found the sub in 2013ish. The best days were long gone for the show but it ended up being the perfect time to get into the sub. I would go to greggtonyandjim or one of the other upload sites every afternoon and listen to da show, then spend the rest of my time listening to old stuff. I was completely obsessed to be completely honest witcha. Eventually I earned my masters degree in autism and was able to understand pretty much every bit as the sub entered my daily routine.
I graduated magna cum laude.

WhereWeAt

People always hated Joe, even during the height of the show.

Man, i can't believe I've been talking to you guys for 8 years.
I think everyone saw Joe as a questionable guy both in terms of ethics and talent from the WNEW days, but the organized discussion/hatred started with reddit.

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
I think everyone saw Joe as a questionable guy both in terms of ethics and talent from the WNEW days, but the organized discussion/hatred started with reddit.
I remember Joe put a bunch of clips together (not sure of the topic but I'm sure it sucked) and called in and it droned on and on and on. I really hated JoeH after that, boring old fuck.

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
Didn't he do a video impersonating James Taylor singing "Up in Here"? I was slightly amused by that at the time, I'm afraid to admit.