• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

No Official Audio Recording on 8/24

DominusOdium

Well, somebody had to be.
Forum Clout
Screenshot_2023-08-17-16-04-49-63_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
20230817_160436.jpg

DominusOdium

Well, somebody had to be.
Forum Clout
I assume we'll just have to settle for the massive media coverage from NBC Nightly News, Morning Joe, Inside Edition, Strictly Stalking and the myriad other news outlets who will be sending full investigation and reporting teams to followup on the important and noteworthy story they totally didn't exploit to fill time on a slow news day and forget about after doing nearly no looking into it at all

Imager

Scaffolding Photographer
Forum Clout
I assume we'll just have to settle for the massive media coverage from NBC Nightly News, Morning Joe, Inside Edition, Strictly Stalking and the myriad other news outlets who will be sending full investigation and reporting teams to followup on the important and noteworthy story they totally didn't exploit to fill time on a slow news day and forget about after doing nearly no looking into it at all
This is actually part of my broader point about a recording and not a transcript. If Patrick's story has been on these shows, and it's clearly one-sided (most didn't mention that he sued and lost and is now refusing to pay) then the public has a right to know ON THE RECORD and not just in a transcript.

This isn't a fucking military tribunal. I'm dead serious -- no jest. Once it makes MSM, there's really no justification to keep this off the record.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Not all hearings are on the record. It depends. The defendant or the plaintiff can pay if the court doesn't provide a court reporter. I'd assume quasi is making sure there's a reporter there as the statements made there would likely be used in future proceedings.

Why wouldn’t stuff like this be on record? Surely anybody in this situation would shoulder the costs of a scribe because anything said is invaluable. Especially if there’s appeals and stuff.

I don’t mean for quasi and Pat, just broadly speaking I can’t imagine not wanting it on record.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Why wouldn’t stuff like this be on record? Surely anybody in this situation would shoulder the costs of a scribe because anything said is invaluable. Especially if there’s appeals and stuff.

I don’t mean for quasi and Pat, just broadly speaking I can’t imagine not wanting it on record.
I'm guessing it's because most court hearings aren't that eventful, a lot of them are pretty routine and mundane affairs, like the hearing before Pat's is just some guy changing his name. A lot of parties probably don't have an interest in having their stuff recorded, so the court doesn't want to pay stenographers for doing nothing of value with a lot of other shit going on and gives the parties the choice of paying for it if they desire.