• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

My old man is probably going to die

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches

Attachments

• 3344.gif
    3344.gif
    378.9 KB · Views: 2

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Trust me, see him. You'll never get it out of your mind if you don't.

My father and I didn't see eye to eye on a whole lot of things, but I loved him. He was actually a great Dad, held in a lot of personal bias while my brother Steve and I were growing up, to ensure we would come to our own conclusions and judgments. I admired that.

I get that your dad sounds like a right cunt, but still, it is your Dad. Don't be a Nana right now; compromise and be a Dawn.

Don't even ask what it takes to be a Joe.

Volkov

This forum saved my life!
Just got word my dad's in the hospital. Old fucker fell in the shower and was on the floor for 2 days before anyone found him.
He's a violent, mean, nasty, drunken fuck. He beat the shit out of me until I was big enough to fight back, and we've been beating the shit out of each other since. I fucking hate him as much as I love him. I'm not sure yet if I'll make the trip to see him. He'll likely call me a pussy for traveling all the way to see him die. I dunno. He was a good man once, he taught me a lot. He was a shitty father, but still, a good man.
Thoughts and prayers, no child should have to bury their parents.

G

Trust me, see him. You'll never get it out of your mind if you don't.

My father and I didn't see eye to eye on a whole lot of things, but I loved him. He was actually a great Dad, held in a lot of personal bias while my brother Steve and I were growing up, to ensure we would come to our own conclusions and judgments. I admired that.

I get that your dad sounds like a right cunt, but still, it is your Dad. Don't be a Nana right now; compromise and be a Dawn.

Don't even ask what it takes to be a Joe.
where was the lovely gosia during all of this?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
where was the lovely gosia during all of this?

I'm sure you're joking, and rightfully so knowing where we are, but I'll be sincere when I say this: I don't have the easiest time talking about my parents.

For a Scot, I'm very open about my feelings - it's why Gosia and I have made our relationship work, and why Steve and I are so close - but it's different with my mother and father.

Their generation was very closed off emotionally. I knew they loved me, and I loved them. Still do. They were even very supportive of our endeavours in music; they just weren't always the warmest of people. And hell, that's why I ultimately left Edinburgh in the first place; playing music and seeing other parts of the world at younger age introduced me to a new way of thinking, and I just finally got fed up with it all and moved to Poland. Best decision I ever made.

Probably not the answer you're looking for, I get into introspective moods before I go on stage sometimes. Real broooooodddiiiinnnggg.