• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Missed it by a day. 9 years ago O&A ended.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Lotta people talking about the fact that Anthony's network sucks because it's a paywall. Honestly, you're missing the bigger picture. Auntie's network and The Anthony Show STINKS because it's a half-a-show.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Still insane to me that they got suspended from satellite radio.
They were suspended and had replays censored all of the time to the point where Opie said on air many times that they would be fired eventually. During their first months on the show they had multiple segments removed from the replays by management. One of them was when they read Intern Noah's text message to that whore. Management were listening live and had it immediately removed from the replays because it was a 'free play weekend' where O&A had been taken off of the premium channels.

They were also told before coming to XM that certain bits were off limits like lesbian couches or wifflebat challenges. Things like Homeless Shopping Spree and Assault on the Media barely lasted before being destroyed by management (probably saved the show though to be honest). And certain contests and other bits were never approved that the guys tried to get started. The Virus Tours were hilariously ended by the actual comedians not management because the comics felt that the crowds were too hostile and insane.

When you look at stuff like the Ladi Di Internship. Or them encouraging listeners to disrupt life news broadcasts to the point of blowing airhorns in the ears of newscasters. Or bringing an army of fans in the thousands to a shopping mall with tons of drug addicts and homeless. It was a miracle that the show lasted for ten years.
The second and most likely answer is Opie told him “I can’t work with you.”
That and one more thing. Opie didn't need the money or the fame anymore. He really didn't care. Because outside of him leaving Sirius he didn't apply for any other jobs. Like doing a television show or being a rock jock on FM or anything else. He literally just retired once Sirius fired him. There hasn't been a single report of him applying for a job anywhere like trying to host a game show or radio show or whatever. He must think he has enough money to retire and is fine with his place in history.

Norton took one look at Compound and said 'no way'. It was way too unprofessional. Would pay him less. And might have a smaller audience than Jim and Sam on Sirius, meaning less people to hear plugs for his comedy gigs. And then of course the Cellar comedians all hate Anthony and that might risk burning bridges with a few of them.
How many listeners did O&A have in 2014? I thought a conservative guess would be 100,000. You think it's lower than that?
Considering that O&A compilations still get 50K to 100K views including ones that are 12 hours long it had to be more than that. When a dead show is still getting 100K people to listen to a 24 hour compilation it had a hardcore fanbase for sure. And when Opie and Jim signed for their show after Anthony was fired they were getting paid the same as the last contract.

THE D

Forum Clout
People are also forgetting that Opie considering BUYING Robert Kelly's Riotcast network with his own money. Instead of taking Cumia's free offers.

Norton took one look at Compound and said 'no way'. It was way too unprofessional. Would pay him less. And might have a smaller audience than Jim and Sam on Sirius, meaning less people to hear plugs for his comedy gigs. And then of course the Cellar comedians all hate Anthony and that might risk burning bridges with a few of them.

And no more celebrity traffic meaning no more photos. Does he even still do that shit?

THE D

Forum Clout
What Anthony wanted Opie to do on July 14, 2014:

:opster_1_lg:Welcome back to the Opie & Anthony Show! Coming to you live from BENEATH New York... at The Compound West! How was your 4th of July weekend, Antunay?? Hehehehe. No, but furreal. To be honest witcha, Jimmy and I hadda quit SiriusXM on the spawwt when they fired our old pal Anthony. Sure, you may have deliberately terrorized me at work, and enabled former co-workers to terrorize me at home, but of course, I feel TOTALLY comfortable here at your house, that I have never personally been invited to, to do this radio show in your basement. We are in our 50's, in your basement, making small talk and hoping that we do good enough to make even half of what some dopey corporation was shelling out for our unintellectual property. Hey! Maybe after dashow we can go to FH Riley's and grab a beer? No? Oh, we'll do it on the air.. that's right. Hold on Hold on, My phone just went off... "The little cunt still won't look at me.. From: Anthony." Hey wait a minute!!!

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
And no more celebrity traffic meaning no more photos. Does he even still do that shit?
He does but he doesn't post them online as often as he used to. And doesn't talk about them on his own show like he obsessively did on O&A. I know that on the set of The Irishman he was basically haranguing and hounding all of the actors for photos. Instead of just basking in the glory of being featured in a scene in a Scorsese film the worm can only truly feel fulfilled through validating his show business status with celebrity photos that are on the same level as people taking photos at a random comic convention.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
jcnxqMrh.webp

Renaus

Forum Clout
Let me remind everyone of the “official timeline”, according to Anthony:

-Anthony is in Time Square. We don’t know the exact time but it’s assumed to be 12-2am.
-Anthony is there taking landscape architecture photos (presumably of scaffolding looking at the photo of the woman he took)
-A black woman HAPPENED to cross into the cameras path, which Cumia didn’t notice.
-The black woman, horribly mistaking Cumias intentions, punches Anthony in the face. He calls her a Nigger, “cause thats what she say”.
-She starts hitting him, Cumia raises his arms to block while she’s screaming “DONT TOUCH ME”
-5 Niggers appeared out of nowhere and after getting hit “5 times” he tells the blacks “BACK OFF!!”, and they do.
-The black girl punches him again. Proceeds to walk off. She mentions “I’ll tells em u raped me!” which can only be assumed to happen after Cumia said he would go to the police.
-He goes home and chills for a while. And he starts Tweeting like 2-3 hours after.
Are you implying that Ant was lying?! It is not like there were dozens of examples of Ant taking pics of black people, even taking creepy pics of black children just to post on Twitter.

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout
It was hilarious how Ant left the tweets up and had a bunch of people responding to him like "kill all niggers"...that wasn't very helpful.
As soon as the first blog picked it up and they were posting clips of the show (especially the Eugenics Discussion) I knew it was over.

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
Forum Clout
Redbar said he gets hundreds, not thousands, of views per episode. Geno Bisconte's shows get like 50 or some shit. It's, uh, not good.
I have a screenshot of it somewhere, may even be on my old phone. They accidentally turned the viewer counter on on all the videos. Ants show was literally getting something like 700-800 views i think. Genos was closer to 50-100. After they started getting made fun of for how pathetic it was, that pesky view counter vanished mysteriously. And this was back when probably 100 people or so were bypassing the paywall and not even paying.

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
Considering that O&A compilations still get 50K to 100K views including ones that are 12 hours long it had to be more than that.
you have to consider that people are still discovering o&a to this day; I would even wager they're more popular now than when the show ended. those compilation videos have years to accumulate views, and they will only increase over time

patrice had a bit on the radiohead song 'creep' he did on another radio show which went viral on twitter not that long ago, leading a whole swarm of people to discover him, opening up the doors for more people to find o&a. even I will admit the show had already been over by the time I started actually listening -- though, I had been well aware of them for years before then

lowend73

Forum Clout
No bacon, egg, cheese on a roll this morning…

Day 1 of an old school no-sugars, no-carbs, only healthy fats diet. 6 small healthy meals/snacks day and a lean and green (6oz meat and salad) at night. Not drinking much alcohol at all, so to quit altogether is no big deal. Back to Sashimi, and NO FOOD AT ALL AFTER 8pm.

I’ve been feeling like ass since putting on 40lbs over the last 2 years…Lower back fucked up, can’t bend straight over to tie my sneakers without breathing hard, feels like I’m laying face first on a basketball if I try to get a tan on my fat ass…

A high weight of 250 today folks. It will only go down from here.

ANYONE CAN DO IT. Takes will power and the desire to feel healthy overriding the desire to eat food that tastes GREAT. I quit smoking and (backmin the day) blow…cold turkey. Just stopped at will.

If you follow this plan and get your body into “fat burning mode” (takes about 2 weeks of hardcore diet adjustment) WITH NO CHEATING…and the weight will fall off of you like a terminal AIDS patient. 😎 👍

(No offense AIDS patients….) 😬

Goal- 210lbs…

PS- I cover my fatness up well. Being 6’ 1” helps big time.
Someone from the sub posted this on bodybuilding.com. The honest, helpful replies made me chuckle.

Forum Clout
The moment I heard, I knew he was so fired.

This is something paranormal that all O&A live listeners had experienced... I immediately pictured "love ya miss ya" text on Anthony's eyes over a sunset, and sure enough when I rushed to the subreddit someone had literally made the exact photoshop I had imagined. Even with the same photo of Anthony.

That's one of the mystical things about O&A. It was a snowball effect, where the aimless stupidity would trample everything, and unintentionally revealing hidden gems along the way. Unheard of events unfolded before them, and in fact I don't think either of them are aware of the influence they had.

The difference between O&A and any other show was when something more gooder happened, they dropped their whole agenda and went with it. It always seemed they were the best at paying attention to what was happening, and not just trying to autopilot, or brute force their bit idea through. How many times did they play the silent game, dead air, or let 2 callers argue for 20 minutes without intervening. No other show did that. This willingness to allow your show to just become a platform for retardation seemed like they could say/do anything and be untouchable.

I didn't hear O&A until they came to NYC, but listening back to the Menino prank in Boston, I got that guttural sinking feeling, where a thousand different scenarios are rushing through your head. I had the same knowing feeling during Teen Voyeur bus, with Sex For Sam 3, and Anthony's NYC street brawl 2014. Somehow you knew they were not going to be back on the air joking about how "that was a close one."

I cannot explain it, but even if it was an off-air event you still got a spidey sense. My only exception was homeless charlie, that felt like just another day. Still insane to me that they got suspended from satellite radio.
I remember seeing the tweets when I got home from some bbq/bar/something that night and just knowing that he wasn’t gonna survive this one almost instantly.

Last edited:
Forum Clout
I even ashamedly remember where I was for the first show after he got fired. I was installing the carpet of radio city music hall. I was on my knees in the row, hiding between the rows of seats, pretending to be putting a seam together but I was really fiddling with that godforsaken faggot app trying to listen to da show without my foreman seeing me.

That jobsite was pfg though for a 22 year old radio and comedy nerd. I was there for awhile. Met chappelle there the week before he announced his comeback week of shows at radio city and saw Stern there when they were doing AGT

HipTuckerCumia

hard drive full of CP media
Forum Clout
I have a screenshot of it somewhere, may even be on my old phone. They accidentally turned the viewer counter on on all the videos. Ants show was literally getting something like 700-800 views i think. Genos was closer to 50-100. After they started getting made fun of for how pathetic it was, that pesky view counter vanished mysteriously. And this was back when probably 100 people or so were bypassing the paywall and not even paying.
3oQmKNN.png